at a crossroad

AhmedARH

:salam2:

The whole idea of "unity" amongst ourselves is becoming a cliche and seeming to be tiresome. How can such a great faith regain its dominance when this word, "unity" is lacking among ourselves. Formally, "they" and "us" was a reference to the non believers and muslims, nowadays, amongst some muslims, "they" and "us" is being translated into two or moredifferent types of muslims. "they" and "us" meaing that one type of islam is right and another wrong (and lateley i have discovered several 'types' of islams). there is so musch prejudice between different muslims, (you know sunni, wahhabs etc). one group of muslims won't pray in another.

There is no doubt that we are at a crossroad, how will the next generation interpret islam? when they too some in contact with different 'types' of muslims, slowly they well question their own practice and eventually and dangerously, their iman may weaken (sorry for being so dramatic).

Who will agree with me that we need to end this nosense of "he's sunni" no "he's wahhabi", no"he's deoband" (apologies for being gender biased) etc and actually, you know, unite?

samiha

---------
Staff member
(and lateley i have discovered several 'types' of islams)

There is only one ISLAM.

And I make this generation, So I DON'T think of what the next generation will do, but rather what MY GENERATION will do.

I don't separate Muslims. If the Muslim loves Islam, Muhammad pbuh, Quran and Sunnah, they will be my BESTEST friend, if not i will try to guide but true hidaya comes only from Allah. And if the situation is bad and the person is ingnorant and not willing to listen, I leave.

Wassalam.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2: Brother,

It is true that there are elements of prejudice in some parts of the muslim ummah, currently however it is not widespread as you may think. And Brother, do not worry about the dominance of Islam in our world right now as there will come a time where Islamic justice and morality will reign supreme!

AhmedARH

thank you for your reply sister and i am still learning to use this site! so sorry if its in the wrong forum...:arabi1:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

It is good for Muslims to unite with regards to our race, culture, nationalities etc.

However know that:

[SIZE=-1]"Awf ibn Malik reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, 'The Jews split into 71 sects: one will enter Paradise and 70 will enter Hell. The Christians split into 72 sects: 71 will enter Hell and one will enter Paradise. By Him in Whose hand is my soul, my Ummah will split into 73 sects: one will enter Paradise and 72 will enter Hell.' Someone asked, 'O Messenger ofAllah (Peace be upon him), who will they be?' He replied, 'The main body of the Muslims (al-Jama'ah).' Awf ibn Malik is the only one who reported this Hadith, and its isnad is acceptable." And in another version of this Hadith the Prophet (Peace be upon him) goes onto say that the saved sect, "...Are those who follow my and my Sahaba's path" (Tirmidhi, vol. 2, pg. 89)

There will ALWAYS be a group of people who are upon the truth. So, when you say that next generation will not be firm on Quran or Sunnah, this is incorrect.

Take a look at the following Hadith:

[/SIZE]
"Abdal Rahman ibn Shamasa al-Mahri said: 'I was in the company of Maslama bin Mukhallad and Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-Aas (may Allah be pleased with them).' Abdullah said, 'The Hour shall come only when the worst type of people are left on the earth. They will be worse than the people of pre-Islamic days. They will get what ever they ask of Allah.' While we were sitting Uqba ibn Amir came, and Maslama said to him, 'Uqba, listen to what Abdullah says.' Uqba said, 'He knows, so far as I am concerned, I heard the Prophet (Peace be upon him) say: A group of people from my Ummah will continue to fight in obedience to the Command of Allah, remaining dominant over their enemies. Those who will opose them shall not do them any harm. They will remain in this condition until the Hour over takes them.' (At this) Abdullah said, 'Yes. Then Allah will raise a wind which will be fragrant like musk and whose touch will be like the touch of silk; (but) it will cause the death of all (faithful) persons, not leaving behind a single person with an iota of faith in his heart. Then only the worst of men will remain to be overwhelmed by the Hour.'" (Sahih Muslim, 3/4721, English ed'n, see also Sahih al-Bukhari, 9/414, English ed'n)
[SIZE=-1]
So, as the Prophet :saw: said, there will always be a group of Muslims who follow Islam as Allah revealed in the Quran and the Prophet :saw: taught. So, they will be true Muslims who have not deviated from the message of Islam. They have not innovated in the religion and they have not committed Shirk (associating partners to Allah).

We must unite on one thing:

The Quran and the Sunnah. It is as easy as that. We can further take our understanding of these two sources by what the first three generation of Muslims said.

[/SIZE]
It is authentically reported on the authority of `Umran Ibn Husain (ra ), that he said: "Allah's Messenger :)saw:) said:
"The best of my Ummah is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them." `Umran (ra ) said: "I don't know if he mentioned two generations after his, or three." "Then after you," continued the Prophet (saas ), "there will come a generation who will testify without being called upon to do so and they will be treacherous and untrustworthy. They will swear oaths, but they will not fulfill them and obesity will be seen in them." (Narrated by Muslim)
So, this is what we unite upon. We cant simply allow anyone who claims to be a Muslim to share a platform and put their own views across if the views contradict the Quran and Sunnah.

So, we do not cooperate with people who have modernist ideas, extremist ideas or just any idea that has nothing to do with Islam. This is important. We give them advice in good manner, but we dont cooperate.

There is a method to the unity we make. It is not the cooperation that you have envisaged. The blind cooperation will lead to corruption and the destruction of Muslims. We must keep Islam pure.

Wasalam.

Ayep

I know we Muslims can be frustrated with what other Muslims are doing at times or comments made by non Muslims.

However if we make comparison with other major religions in the world, are they doing any better? Look at positive social statistics and rapid growth of Islam is a clear indication how successful Islam is.

The next time this doubt coimes to our mind we should ask ourselves are they(other religions doing any better).

I relate a Muslim brother from Egypt saying to a Christian preacher, " If your religion is better than mine I will follow you. But you must have proof."

:wasalam: