Atikah bint Nafil

myAllahguideme

ascwrwbr, jumca mubarak to u yall, i hope u are all in best iman and helth) i wana share this beautyfull story, if its not posted before me i dont know lol...

Atikah bint Nafil was one of the most beautiful women of Quraysh. She
married Abdulrahman ibn Abu Bakr, who was extremely fearful of allah, handsome and considerate of his parents. Abdulrahman was very much in love with Atikah. One day his father passed by and visited him in his home. When he saw how taken his son was with Atikah, he advised him to divorce her, as she had run away with his reason and overcome his senses. Abdulrahman told his father that he was not able to do it. His father said "I adjure you to do so."

Since Abdulrahman was not humanly able to appose his father he divorced his wife. However, after the divorce, he became extremely unhappy and even stopped eating and drinking. When Abu Bakr went to him one day-his son didnt even notice him there- he realized that his son was totally devasted by the divorce. Abdulrahman was lying in the sun saying " I swear by Allah that I will never forget you. As long as the sun rises. And as long as the ring-neckde doves coo. I cannot imagine one such as me divorcing one like her. Nor one like her being divorced without any reason. She is chaste, religious and noble. She has a balanced personailty and a logical mind."

After hearing this, Abu Bakr advised his son to take her back. Abdulrahman obeyed his father and they were reunited. Atikah remained with him until he was killed by an arrow while out with the Prophet on the day of Ta'if. Atikah later married Umar during his khilafah. Their union ended with his death at the hands of an assassin. Some time passed, then al-Zubair ibn al-Awwam proposed to her and subsequently married her.

It was Atikah's custom to leave the house so that she could pray in the mosque. al-Zubair was possessive. It upset him to see her leaving the house to pray in the mosque. He appealed her to top, but she saw no reason to give up praying in the mosque in the mosque in which she had prayed behind the Prophet , Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA).

al-Zubair knew that he should not forbid her from praying in the Prophet 's mosque because he knew the hadith in which the Prophet had said, "Do not forbid Allah's female slaves attending his mosque." So one night when she went out to the mosque, al-Zubair hid himself in a place where she could not see him and, as she passed by, he hit at her. After that incident, she decided not to go out to the mosque anymore. He would say to her, "Aren't you going out, Atikah?" She would reply. "I used to go out to pray when people were people and they didnt want to harm anyone, but now, I'll not go."

Then al-Zubair was martyred and she subsequently married Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr, who was killed in Egypt. At this point, she declared that she would never marry anyone else after him, for fear that he too would be martyred. She once said, "If I were to marry all the inhabitants of the earth, they would all be killed." She was given the affectionate name, Zawjat al-Shuhada', the wife of martyrs.:hijabi:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

SubhanAllah, what a story - I feel sad for her though, but also happy that how lucky she was to have all these martyred husbands. Her life was bittersweet.

I used to go out to pray when people were people and they didnt want to harm anyone, but now, I'll not go."

And what can we say about the bad people now in our times.... SubhanAllah!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

mashallah nice story but one q.

to think that her husbands died because of her....will it not come under superstitions?