• Most Fridays

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • A few times a year

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Saidsaad

I'm a revert to Islam (English) and over the last few years have noticed that not many born western muslims attend Jumu'a prayers on Friday. Most brothers I talk to after Jumu'a are from Asia or arabia. Why don't young western born brothers attend at the Mosque???

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am a sister and I atttend prayers as my work schedule allows me to. I fight constantly to be allowed to leave early and pray. The Prophet allowed sisters to go the masjid, too.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
im a brother, my problem is school if i dont have school or can miss the class i attend juma prayer at the mosque, but even then the jumma is held at univ so maybe the reason cud be that young ppl usually pray jumma in the univ or college they go to

Saidsaad

aslam o alikum
im a brother, my problem is school if i dont have school or can miss the class i attend juma prayer at the mosque, but even then the jumma is held at univ so maybe the reason cud be that young ppl usually pray jumma in the univ or college they go to
Thanks brother for the reply, I think most Univ & College will have a prayer room or quiet area to pray. This could well be why I don't see many younger brothers in the mosque.

Saidsaad

Salaam,

I am a sister and I atttend prayers as my work schedule allows me to. I fight constantly to be allowed to leave early and pray. The Prophet allowed sisters to go the masjid, too.
Yes all sisters are allowed & welcolm to the mosque. The problem women find where I live is that our mosque is very small & on Fridays we have to rent out a bigger Hall for Jumu'a prayer & there is no area for the women to pray :girl3:. My wife loves to go to Jumu'a so we have to drive for an hour to the next city with a mosque where she can pray. The Islamic association members where I live have been looking for a new bigger mosque for some time now but they don't seem to be getting anywhere after a few years looking. I hope it will be soon inshalah then all our sisters can be happy.:hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother I pray that they will be able to make room for the sisters. It will only take moving a few feet. Insha'Alah they will find room. I will make dua.

When we live in areas where there are so few of us..being around Muslims is like drinking water to survive.

Our jumma becomes a holiday for us women folk. We can talk and giggle after prayers and our children spend time with Muslims. We are a community and communities are 24/7.

On a more serious note..it is fard to attend jumma. We have cowered too long to the hours of the moneymongers. We need to stand tall. We need to live the life of giving up the business of the world for a few moments to pray to the Creator. During Ramadan I use all my personal leave and half my sick leave...to take time to attend the masjid. Why...He who has given me life..I must obey His Commands. And He makes the way.

Your sister-in Islam.