Azan in the Moon... Subhanallah..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeed O.J

In February 1983, fourteen years after his flight to the Moon, Astronaut Neil Armstrong went to Egypt to participate in a scientific conference. During the meeting, the azan sounded. Armstrong, sitting in the presidium, went pale and asked: “What is that music?” Surprised by the astronaut’s behavior, the conference participants explained that it was the Muslim call to prayer. “That voice. That’s what I heard when I first stepped on the Moon, hearing it is giving me goose bumps!… O Allah! I found You not on Earth, but on the Moon!… I stepped onto the Moon without praying, but now I will pray, you can consider me a Muslim.” So the first person to walk on the Moon, American astronaut Neil Armstrong, became a Muslim.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam:

This is what I dug up:

How Neil Armstrong "became" a Muslim
Among the many rumors circulating in the Islamic world, the claim that Neil Armstrong, the famous Astronaut, has become a Muslim seems to be one that will never die.

Hopefully, the following statement will help to put this claim at rest. Neil Armstrong participated in the Global Leadership Forum in Malaysia on 6 September 2005. The Star Malaysia, currently the most widely read English newspaper in Malaysia, took the occasion to interview him on his moon landing mission with Apollo 11. In the article, Armstrong recalls moon landing, published on 7 September 2005, both in print and online, one finds this statement:

Armstrong, 75, also denied he had heard the Muslim call to prayer on the moon and had converted to Islam.

The rest of this article, originally written in 1996 and updated a couple of times since then, documents the reasons why anyone would even ask Neil Armstrong such an odd question, and explains the necessity for clarifying this issuehttp://www.answering-islam.org/Hoaxes/neil.html

Brother, no-one has ever landed on the moon. that too was a joke.

Saeed O.J

Assalam Alykom

:salam2:

Subahnallah, I was not aware that its false wow!. I heared this story very long time ago. I am not surprise at all if someone said I heard Azan in the Moon, Allah (SWT) is the creator, but I thought his claim was absouletly true...!!!

The website that sister mirajmom refered to '' www.answering-islam.org'' contradict the Holy Qur'an, and I dont recommend brothers and sisters to visit them, or gather preliminary information because they aren't reliable at all...

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Subahnallah, I was not aware that its false wow!. I heared this story very long time ago. I am not surprise at all if someone said I heard Azan in the Moon, Allah (SWT) is the creator, but I thought his claim was absouletly true...!!!

The website that sister mirajmom refered to '' www.answering-islam.org'' contradict the Holy Qur'an, and I dont recommend brothers and sisters to visit them, or gather preliminary information because they aren't reliable at all...

:wasalam:

Yes i agree with the brother concerning that site.

Infact, it gives more attention to those who lie about Islam. And also, one must realise that sincere people will come and seek knowledge from Muslims rather than go to some prejudiced site that lies about Muslims and Islam.

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I was unaware of the website. I googled " neil armstrong and Islam" and this was the first site that showed up.

However, it is now a known fact that Hollywood had a great time making the moon landing.s

Greek_Rose_2005

I think there are better examples we can use of better converts if the claim rings true with him as from when I heard he has never made hajj or anything. I think a better example of someone who converted to islam would be Cat Stevens now known as Yusuf Islam...just my opinion though..

Status
Not open for further replies.