Can a woman be immam(lead prayer) in Eid prayer of a women only jamat

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Brothers sisters in Islam,
Assalamu-alikum. In my country on Eid day women does not go to the open air big field where men offer their Eid salah. They stay home and form their own jamat and offer their Eid salah where an woman lead the prayer. Is this permissible in Islam, and in that matter can they do it in their five daily prayers, please answer my question with siting in the nobel Quran or Hadith, if possible. I apologize in advance for any language mistake I have made in asking this question, and thank you for your answer in adevance, jazak Allah khayran insha`allah.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

It is preferable for women to pray in congregation, led by one of their number, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told Umm Waraqah to lead the women of her household in prayer. (See al-Mughni, 2/202 and al-Majmoo’ al-Nawawi, 4/84-85). The woman leading the prayer should read aloud as long as no non-mahram man can hear her.

Salam Amirah80
:hearts:

daywalker

about the headlines: eid prayer isn´t importent for woman to pray. and a woman can lead prayer if there are woman only. a woman cant lead the prayer infront of man.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Thank you brothers and sisters for answering my question. May Allah SWT give you enormous rewards, jazak Allah khayran insha`allah.

Aboo00

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked: what is better for a woman, to come out to the Eid prayer or to stay at home?

He replied:

It is better for them to go out to Eid prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined that the women go out to the Eid prayer, even the adolescent girls and virgins – i.e., women who do not ordinarily go out. He commanded them to go out, and he told the menstruating women to go out but to keep away from the prayer-place. So menstruating women should go out with other women for Eid, but they should not enter the place where the Eid prayer is offered, because the Eid prayer-place is a mosque and it is not permissible for a menstruating woman to stay there, but it is permissible for her to pass through or to take something she needs from it, without staying there. Based on this we say: women are commanded to go out to the Eid prayer and join the men in this prayer, because of the goodness, dhikr and du’aa’ they may experience there.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 16/210.

He also said:

But they must go out looking decent, not wearing adornment, makeup or perfume, so that they may combine following the Sunnah with avoiding fitnah.

What some women do of wearing adornment, makeup and perfume is because of their ignorance and negligence on the part of their guardians. This does not cancel out the general shar’i ruling, which is that women are commanded to go out to the