Can I join the US Air force ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaam,

Thomas Jefferson once said, "When it comes to principles stand firm like a rock; when it comes to taste swim with the current"

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
What was the point of making this thread and asking the qustion in the first place if you were just going to dismiss every opinion contrary to your own anyway?

You evidently have doubts about joining th Air Force and you simply wanted TTI people to tell you 'sure its fine no problem'

And bombing mosques as faisal said is strictly political . They didnt do it out of racism.

Agreed (on the latter bit) Why would someone bomb a Masjid out of racism ...daft! its out of pure hatred for Islaam.

:wasalam:

Islam!!yay

Well I already made my decision and i will join the air force in 2015 or later (inshallah) . And just to add I want join it not to kill muslim bros/sis or even to kill non-muslims . I simply want to join just because i want to be part of NASA . And I know there are other ways I can be an astronaut but I want to be a pilot astronaut and pilot astronauts need some fast jet experience inorder to be admitted .

I thank all of you for answering my question.

hajasulthan

dear bro. u forgot some thing

dear bro. u forgot something about plastine, afghanistan and somalia. i think u didnt watch tv or in internet. if ur in any one i meantioned then u know about america. america is in the hands of jews and israiles. they always want to occupay our land and make as like as slave. what they done it 19th century.am not talking about american ppl only they are leaders. they should obey the order for jew

liaa

And also EVEN before 2015 what other muslim countries can the US invade if it want it to ? Iran surely not . theyre now threatening anybody . Saudia arabia ?no its an american ally then what? all arab countries are american allies DUH!!!!

And I bet muslims are being treated better over here than in any arab country. I bet you that . What you hear about Americans torturing and suppressing civilians are not true . or at least not all of them
mhh ! i think that might wanna atac syria ,but maybe i;m wrong .. who know's?? i'm not american but i hope u acomplish ur dream , so u will become an astronaut , lol, a muslim one!:salah: oh!! maybe we see u praying in space!

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
I love islam And of course If i were ordered to bomb a place with Muslims in it i will gladly disobey the order , and I don't care if i have to live in exile (out of the US ) because of that . And also I'll be jumpin joy to go to space as a muslim .

As faisal , diane and as what i said before America is not in war with Islam , but countries . And bombing mosques as faisal said is strictly political . They didnt do it out of racism .

Assalam Alakum,

It sounds to me brother you are saying if the place has nonMuslim in them it you would think about it before boming it up. I honest think milliary, air force and ect. is not a place for a Muslim person. Taking someones lives wheather they are Muslim or Nonmulsim is wrong and Allah SWT made it clearly in the Quran. Anyways, Brother, you do know that you don't have to do a lot of that right? Simple apply for citizenship. I have been in the USA for almost eight years and i am citizens took it with my father which you can do so do that. It is easy that way and you will learn about the American history which assume you go to school should know.

The second thing is, brothers and sisters, let's not judge American because we really don't know what is in their heart. We as Muslim are better this. And there are Muslim Americans so don't say something you don't know.

Wassalamu,

dianek

In that light, my husband shocked me last night when he said that AMERICAN PEOPLE, the everyday Jane or John, are VERY NICE people, better than anyone from his country in respecting other peoples rights to live their lives and practice their faith. He said that people are polite and he has no problem with the people.

abdellah007

In that light, my husband shocked me last night when he said that AMERICAN PEOPLE, the everyday Jane or John, are VERY NICE people, better than anyone from his country in respecting other peoples rights to live their lives and practice their faith. He said that people are polite and he has no problem with the people.

unfair comparision. did he mean ordinary tunisian, imams, scholars teachers doctors....Tunisia has its bad and good people. the same for USA and japon in term of behavours toward their selves or others. your husband needs to correct his thoughts but not influenced by american life.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

What everyone has been discussing here is on whether or not the people in America are good, or if they are fighting Muslims. But has anyone even questioned if it's Islamically allowed or not?

I logged in because I had to respond to this, as I dont think I could properly leave it alone.

The thing is; its wrong, period. I mean yes, I am American, just in order to clarify so that suspicions can be cast aside in that regard, saying that I dont understand etc. America is at war with the Muslims. They are killing Muslims, and they are destroying many families and homes. Your hopes are on two things, that by 2015 they will desist, and that it will still be fine. I hope you if you have time, you actually delve into the histories of countries. Especially America and European ones. Their pasts are seeped in wars, and fighting others. Its quite unlikely that though they not fight in Iraq they wont be attacking another Muslim country. And regardless it will be fighting. Because America is sometimes just too nosey, and history agrees to that. We've never been able to maintain isolationism, always been at the forefront, vying for world domination and power. Though they may not proclaim Manifest Destiny, I bet many still feel it so.

This does not degrade the people within America. As can be said of any country there are good and bad people, and certainly there is some good, but that is not what is being referred to here. The question is on the permissibilty of aiding still a kuffar country in battle, not judging them but their beliefs, which effects their priorites and values. And this is without compulsion but voluntarily.

A question was posed to a knowledgable brother about a similar topic, and he replied that it was not permissible for a person to join any army which was not fighting for the sake of Allah. He even said that a person should not join the egyptian army, if the purpose of their going forth is to gain territory, or for other things which are not in relation for the quality of jihad. Though it is part of a Muslim country if it is still not fi sabilillah it is not allowed.

Apply now to a non-Muslim country. It's even less allowed!! We dont fight to kill, we dont fight to oppress, hurt, and destroy lives. That is not what fighing in Islam is. That is not what jihad promotes. Regardless of them fighting Muslims, joining the army consists of doing many things which is not proper in Islam. Including perhaps saluting the flag, another general, shaving the beard, imitating the kuffar in their greeting and bearing, and other such things.

I find it very impractical for a person to then go and jusitfy the end of their goals, through wrong means. There is no such justification. We all "want" things, but if our desires are not in accordance to what is right, they hold no value at all. So make dua if you want to be an astronaut that some other ways are opened for you, but personally I find this path incorrect.

That is my opinion and Allah knows best.

Extra Questions:

Why is it not permissible to stand to salute the flag?

Working in the army of a country in which there are munkaraat (haraam deeds)

It is not permissible for a Muslim to fight with kaafirs against the Muslims at all

Military music is haraam

wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu brother

Forget about all the wars or bombing or so on.....just think that if your only goal in life is to go to space, what is it going to benefit or how is it going to benefit you? or Is there any benefit in going to space, when in this present world we have so much of starvation, hunger, poverty, rich killing the poor, oppressors killing the innocents etc etc. So many problems are going on in this world, why dont you use your intellect to solve them?

Just tell me do you really want to waste your life in going to space?

Do things which will benefit you in this dunya as well as in the Akhirah. So that you get rewards from Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.

Life is short brother, within the last 2-3 years I have lost 2 of my relatives (one maternal uncle and one maternal aunt) , friends etc.

2015 is a long way to go, dont worry yourself too much. Just get your basics clear, be steadfast and be righteous.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala bless you and your family and guide you in the path of Righteousness.

Jazakallahu khair sister samiha for your post.

wa/salam

Salem9022

--I hope these couple of Questios which people have posted would help you Dear Brother/Sister. Also check the links which sister Samiha posted.

--Question:
A Muslim businessman has been offered a golden opportunity to sell equipment and food or to sign a contract to do maintenance on vehicles and equipment for an army that is waging war against the Muslims. What is the ruling on doing such business?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars of Islam have stated that it is not permitted to support the kaafirs against the Muslims, and that that is kufr (disbelief) and riddah (apostasy), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them”

[al-Maa'idah 5:51]

The fuqaha’ of Islam, the imams of the Hanafi, Maaliki, Shaafa’i and Hanbali madhhabs, and other fuqaha’, have stated in their books that it is haraam to sell them anything that may help them against the Muslims, such as weapons, equipment, riding beasts, etc. So it is not permissible to give them food or to sell them food, drink, water, tents, trucks, vehicles, or to make contracts with them to provide maintenance, transaportation, etc. All of that is haraam and the one who consumes profits on such transactions is consuming haraam things, and the Fire is more fitting for him.

It is not permissible to sell them even a date or to give them anything that they can use against their enemies. Whoever does that deserves Hell, and the Fire is more fitting for all evil earnings. Indeed this is one of the most evil of evil things.

It is not permissible to give them anything that may give them the slightest help against the Muslims.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’:

With regard to selling weapons to ahl al-harb (those who wage war against the Muslims), it is haraam according to scholarly consensus.

Ibn al-Qayyim said in I’laam al-Muwaqqi’een:

Imam Ahmad said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade selling weapons at times of fitnah (tribulation)… It is obvious that selling them is helping others in sin and transgression. This also applies to every sale, rental or exchange that helps people to disobey Allaah, such as selling weapons to kaafirs, aggressors and bandits… or renting one’s house to someone who will set up a place for sin in it, or selling candles to someone who will use them to disobey Allaah, and other actions which help people to do that which Allaah hates and is angry with.

End quote.

In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (25/153) it says:

It is haraam to sell weapons to ahl al-harb (those who are waging war against Islam) or to those who are known as bandits who attack Muslims or who stir up fitnah among them. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: It is not permissible for a Muslim to take weapons or horses to the enemies of the Muslims which will strengthen them against the Muslims, or anything that will help them to acquire weapons and horses, because selling weapons to ahl al-harb strengthens them to fight the Muslims and motivates them to declare war and continue fighting.

This issue is not the matter of ordinary or minor sins, rather it is a matter that has to do with the basis of ‘aqeedah (belief) and Tawheed (belief in the Oneness of Allaah), and the Muslim’s support and loyalty towards the Religion of Allaah and his disavowal of the enemies of Allaah. This is what was stated by the imams in their books.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Fataawa (1/274):

The scholars of Islam are unanimously agreed that whoever supports the kaafirs against the Muslims and helps them in any way is a kaafir like them as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa'idah 5:51].

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=33691&ln=eng&txt=army

Salem9022

Question:
What is the ruling on working as a doctor in the army of the kuffaar who are not in a state of war with the Muslims?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, with whom we had a conversation which is summarized below:

Shaykh: “Is this so that he may gain experience, or what?”

- “He is a doctor who is treating their sick, but they are not in a state of war.”

Shaykh: “And they are not at war with the Muslims?”

- “It is possible that they may be at war with the Muslims in the future.”

Shaykh: “We do not give the future precedence over the present (i.e., we do not count on that or take it into consideration).”

- “This questioner says, 'I work in a place where the soldiers are not fighting the Muslims. But it is possible that some of the army may be fighting them in other places, and it is possible that we may be involved in such fighting in the future, but the military bases where I work now are not involved in fighting against the Muslims.’”

Shaykh: “But is this nation (in which this army is) one of those who are fighting the Muslims?”

- “The questioner is working for the American army, he is a Muslim working in America.”

Shaykh: “Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity.’ [al-Mumtahinah 60:8].”

- “And what if they are not driving us out of our homes, but they are helping others to do so, as mentioned in the next aayah?”

Shaykh: “ ‘It is only as regards those who fought you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allaah forbids you to befriend them…’ [al-Mumtahinah 60:9 – interpretation of the meaning].”

- “So if it is clear to him that these people are helping to drive us out of our homes, for example, would working for them for a salary come under the just and kind treatment mentioned in the aayah?”

Shaykh: “No doubt it does come under that heading.”

- “Even if you are working for money and not as a volunteer?”

Shaykh: “Yes, but they are benefitting from it.”

- “So how may we sum up your answer?”

Shaykh: “This is not permissible unless the nation in whose army he is working is not fighting the Muslims.”

- “And not driving them out of their homes or helping others to do so?”

Shaykh: “Yes.”

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Salem9022

It is not permissible for a Muslim to fight with kaafirs against the Muslims at all

--Question:
I work in the army of a non-Muslim state, and there are wars between them and the Muslims. What is the ruling if they send me with a division of this army to wage war against the Muslims? As a Muslim, my feelings are that I never want to fight against Muslims in any war.
What should I do?
What is the ruling if I go…?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If you are sent to wage war against the Muslims, then it is not permissible for you to take part at all. Helping the kaafirs against the Muslims is a form of major kufr which puts one beyond the pale of Islam. Allaah says concerning one who supports the mushrikeen (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’, i.e., friends), then surely, he is one of them”[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

With regard to how you may get out of this situation, and what excuse you can give to get out of this dilemma if it happens, we ask Allaah to help you, and we suggest that you consult some Muslims who have relevant knowledge or experience.

We want to emphasize to you the necessity of finding other employment and of leaving service in the army of the kaafirs, because that implies helping them, strengthening them and increasing the numbers of their fighters and supporters – unless your work can bring some benefits to the Muslims, such as giving information and secrets of the kaafirs to the Muslims so as to help the Muslims, or if your work is purely da’wah, such as giving khutbahs and leading prayers for the Muslims in the kaafir army whilst also advising them to avoid any work that will strengthen the kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep you safe from temptation and to give you a good end in this world and in the Hereafter.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=14004&ln=eng&txt=army

Islam!!yay

OH MY GOD !!!!!! I DONT WANT TO FIGHT I JUST WANT TO JOIN NASA THATS ALL

AND STOP ANSWERING I ALREADY REQUESTED THIS THREAD TO BE CLOSED!!!!

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

I'm an American, African-American, meaning I really don't have any place to call home in a another country except America, and I don't know where my ancestors came from. The point I am trying to make is that I can not see why some people think that this land paved with gold. The US HAS indeed waged war against the Muslims, they call us Islamofascist, and as soon as they put Islam- in it they have included us with it. They support Israel, who is as we speak is bombing fillisteen, killing our Muslim brothers and sisters. And in Iraq they rape the Muslim women of this ummah and kill the men and children, and you say that they have not waged a war? Subhana'Allah.

Maybe your only dream is to go outer space or whatever, but we are in the last days and by Allah it is not going to get better it's only getting worst. And before you know it Dajjal will be imminent in the land, and you will began to see the truth from falsehood. I say this to you because if you are doing a wrong, which I believe is, then I want to warn you as your Muslim sister so on the Day of Judgement I will not be questioned about not trying to help my muslim brother, and not speaking out.

Insha'Allah become an astronaut :SMILY149: that is maybe better for you Insha'Allah, but the Air Force, they will only use you for war against the Muslims and that is something horrible. Because know if you kill a another Muslim, hell is the end, and Wallah, I say this to you not to make you angry but I really don't want you to do this, it is a great mistake. Please listen to those who warn you because we are living in the last days and by 2015 it's only going to get worst, Allahu Alam but I believe that it is.

And before I leave, please make Salatul Istikhara, because no one can make a decision for you better than Allah (SWT), please make this prayer Insha'Allah

May Allah guide you to a right choice, Ameen

PS, seeing that you only want to join Nasa be careful because this is also a form of American govt. And please do not become angry with us we are only try to help by Allah Annd trying to guide our Muslim brother insha'Allah

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
If there are certain things like going to outer space (which I used to really want to do at one point) Im not able to do, then so what? Islaam comes first, if I have to compromise my allegiance to Islaam for the sake of accomplishing a goal, I would drop the goal because it becomes worthless in such a context.
Okay, but this isn't about you. Last time I checked, Islam doesn't prohibit knowledge. If your goal is to help mankind learn of the unknown, Islam isn't really being compromised.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

Yeah I feel your pain. I realized a long time ago you can't really ask everyone for advice in this forum.

Listen dude, to be completely honest with you, in the future if you have any personal questions like this just ask your parents or any of your relatives. No matter how many people you ask, no one will ever have your happiness in mind except for your own family. No matter how much others may pretend to be giving you the best advice, always remember that you can't really trust everyone 100% simply because they don't have your best interest in mind, they are just answering from the perspective that they were taught to see things in. So that being said, just ask your parents or anyone else you really trust to answer/help you with personal questions.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Assalamu alaykum

My my... the job of the Air Force: Fly steller jet planes all day and look Hot. Why dont more people join? ... Maybe because the Air Force is a force for more than just hot air, maybe.. just maybe they have to ... :eek: no ... fight?

The United States Air Force (USAF) is the aerial warfare branch of the United States armed forces and one of the seven uniformed services of the U.S.. Previously part of the United States Army, the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on September 18, 1947.[1]

The USAF is the largest and most technologically advanced air force in the world, with about 6013 manned aircraft in service (4,282 USAF; 1,321 Air National Guard; and 410 Air Force Reserve); approximately 160 Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles, 2161 Air-Launched Cruise Missiles, and 580 Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles;[2] and as of September 30, 2006, had 334,200 personnel on active duty, 120,369 in the Selected and Individual Ready Reserves, and 107,000 in the Air National Guard. An additional 10,675 personnel were in the Standby Reserve, and the Air Force employed 168,558 civilian personnel.[2] Read More...

I hope you understand that everyone here gave advice. Some according to what they felt was best, and others in other ways. However know that Allah's laws, His limits are the most high, and ultimately it is to Him you will have to respond to. If you are willing to take your dreams to the degree that you might even fall into the doubtful, wallahi I'd be careful about that.

The Prophet :)saw:) is reported to have said: 'Both the lawful (Halal) and the unlawful (Haram) things are obvious, and in between them are doubtful [Mushtabihat] matters. Whoever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly unlawful; and whoever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things carelessly, is likely to stumble into what is clearly unlawful. Sins are Allah's Hima (ie private pasture) and whoever pastures [his sheep] near it, is likely to get in it at any moment.'

Your parents, your close ones, may tell you want you want to hear. But Allah tells you want you NEED to hear and what is best for you.

May Allah guide you and help you.

Since you seem to not take information at all, and request it: Thread Closed.

wasalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.