Can somebody.....??

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:bismillah: Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I wanted some suggestions on books to study about the different school of thoughts. I basically dont know much about them. I usually follow anything that has STRONG prove from the Sunnah of the beloved prophet Muhammed Sala'allah alhi wasalaam. If you have any suggestions or anything you can post......your help would be appreciated.

Jazaka'Allaah khair !!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I found this nice thread here on TTI but it's only on imaam Ahmed bin hanbal.............very lengthy (I didnt even finish reading it, I book marked it though) if anybody is interested in reading it click here

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I think that the very fact of saying "different school of thoughts" is little misleading. Indeed, two different school of thought are basically two fundamentally different systems of thinking and reasoning which might be even diametrically opposed in every aspect (think of communism and capitalism).

The Islamic school of thoughts (an inappropriate appellation in my opinion) or "Madhab" do no exhibit such patterns since they are basically the same in the sense that they all agree on the fundamentals but differ (and NOT disagree!!!) on the secondary issues. For example, regarding Al-Salat, it is well documented that our Prophet PBUH prayed with his hands crossed over his chest and sometimes he did not. Al imam Malik Ibn Anass said that it is allowed then to pray with hands loose while others said it is better to cross hands!

Note that both are right but each Imam preferred one situation over another. Hence, It is misleading to say "different shcool of thoughts" as if they were fundamentally different!

Now with regards to Islamic books dealing with this issue I do not know of a good English book
(all books I know are in Arabic!) although I suspect that Dr. Bilal Phillips might have written something on this.

Wassalam

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

As AdamMuslim has mentioned there is a very good book by Dr.Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips called '' The evolution of Fiqh '' consists description of all 4 schools of thoughts and others also includes a detail account on the differences among them.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:bismillah:

Jazaka'Allaah khair brothers, I'll insha'Allaah try to find that book......do you guys know if it has information on all the madhabs??

and Brother AdamMuslim, I think I might have been unclear with my first post. I was not implying that there is differing in Aqeedah....I simply forget the word "madhab" and the closest English word I found was "schools of thought" :) but I know that there are absolutely no difference between the four madhabs when it comes to Aqeedah...alhamdulillaah! they all followed the salif-us-salih....and the differences in only in fiqh issues. Alhamdulillaaah

Afthab

All praise are for Allah Almighty!

Assalmualaikum sister!

You can try this out http://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_1_section_3.html

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalmualaikum sister!

You can try this out http://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_1_section_3.html

Akhi, I hope you're aware of the fact that this website is Ahmediyyah....
We should stay away from these kind of websites because they spread falsehood, may Allaah protect us! ameen