Celebrating Birthdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

islam4lyf

Happy 2 b a muslim!!
Salams every1!!
Hope ur all doing gud by allah's will. Anyhow can anyone help me with something if it is not much of a trouble for u...isnt birthday celebration a bid'a n every b'day will lead us to destruction...plz reply with reference insha'allah
Im not sure if my information is correct but this is what iv heard!!

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Celebrating birthdays is not allowed
what is the evidence on celebrating birthdays,is it allowed in islam?

The evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or have they partners with Allaah (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which Allaah has not allowed…?” [al-Shoora 42:21]

“Then We have put you (O Muhammad) on a plain way of (Our) commandment. So follow that, and follow not the desires of those who know not. Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allaah (if He wants to puish you). Verily, the zaalimoon (wrongdoers) are awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but Allaah is the Wali (Protector, Helper) of the muttaqoon (pious).” [al-Jaathiyah 45:18-19]

“Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow not any awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) besides Him. Little do you remember!” [al-A’raaf 7:3]

According to saheeh reports, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim in his Saheeh); and “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The most evil of things are those which have been newly invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” There are many other ahaadeeth that convey the same meaning.

Besides being bid’ah and having no basis in sharee’ah, these birthday celebrations also involve imitation of the Jews and Christians in their birthday celebrations. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning us against following their ways and traditions: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”(/font>
Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/115

Zayna85908

celebrating birthdays is ok apparently because my sunni husband has family who celbrate their birthdays by eating big meals and buying gifts.

Why not??

AAminAA

Amatullah
celebrating birthdays is ok apparently because my sunni husband has family who celbrate their birthdays by eating big meals and buying gifts.

Why not??

:salam2:

We, our kids, parents , are not more worth than Muhammad s.a.w.s.,and his family, sahabas... and they NEVER used to celebrate birthdays . There is no even one ahadith that points on them celebrating it.

Reading this ahadith i can come to only one conclution: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim),

Christians celebrate birth of Prophet Isa a.s., in order not to follow them we are not celebrating the birthday of Muhammad s.a.w.s., and now:" Why to celebrate our birthdays if it's not allowed to celebrate Prophets a.s., ? Who are we comparing to him ?

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Brother Salem9022 Assalamoalaikum.. Please i'd love to learn what you said is scary. Can you post the link brother.
Jazakallah khair..

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
.I think the fatwa posted by brother/sister Tru3m0sl3m explains it all.
This topic also been discussed here many times ,please use the search engine
thread closed
waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.