Changing place between prayers

arabiantxn

Fiqh 2.60: Imam's leaving the place after the salah

It is preferred for the imam to tum to the right or to the left after the salah and then to leave the place of prayer.

Qabaidah ibn Halb relates that his father said: "The Prophet would lead us in salah and then tum to both of his sides, to his right and to his left." This is related by Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and at-Tirmizhi. The latter calls it hasan. People who are infommed on this subject act accordingly by turning to any side they wish. Both acts have been authenticated from the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam. 'Aishah says: "After the Prophet made the taslim, he would not sit except for the amount of time it takes to say: 'O Allah, You are the Peace, and from You comes the Peace. Blessed are You, Possessor of Majesty and Honor."' This is related by Ahmad, Muslim, at-Tirmizhi, and Ibn Majah.

Ahmad and al-Bukhari record that Umm Salamah said: "Whenever the Messenger of Allah finished his prayers with the taslim, the women would get up and he would stay in his place for a while before getting up." She said: "I think, and Allah knows best, that he did that to allow the women to leave before the men [would stand to leave].

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum,

I have noticed that a few people intentionally change the place where they prayed fard prayer, before praying sunnah.

Was this a practise of the Prophet Muhammed (saw)?

Salam

Steve940

:salam2:

I do this a lot because of the need of facing a sutrah. After fard prayers i move close to the wall and then pray and use wall as sutrah.

:salam2: