channel 4 the Quran

sal12

Assalamu alaikum,
Did you watch it? What did you think? I thought it was very informative and gave arguments and opinions from many different sides. I also thought this could confuse people! I just have one question, how do we know if we're the right type of Muslims? I mean the Quran, undeniably, is interpreted in many different ways so which interpretation is the correct one??? Even Arabs don't understand the Quranic Arabic fully as it is classical, old Arabic thus many different interpretations exist! I know the hadith is there to help us but then again, different types of Muslims use different hadiths. Which are authentic, which are not?

One more question, if the Sharia is about forgiveness then why did the Prophet Muhammad (saw) allow a woman who committed adultery to be stoned if all she had to do was repent?

I really really don't mean to offend anyone! I love Islam and Allah but these questions have been at the back of my mind for months now and 'The Quran' (the programme) also raised the same questions so I want to find out the answers insha'allah.

Jazakallahu khayran!

Almaas

:salam2:

Yeah it was very good, but towards the end they ruined by trying to confuse poeple; they said the Quran we read nowadays is wrong because dots and symbols have been added which change the meaning. They're wrong because they try to interpret the Quran as if it's the bible, they also need to understand it's arabic and not sryian, which they kept refering it to.

I was also shocked by the pictures of Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) that they showed, when they were talking about Shia's. They were also shown singing to praise God, this confused me a little. Shia's in Iran were also shown praying to the imams for help and guidance etc, do they not realise that only God is there saviour???

Overall, it was very interesting. :hijabi:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

I thought it was realy biased, eurocentric and completely missed what the Quran and the religion of Islam is about. Islam is about worshipping one God without any partners. Secondaly Female mutalition has nothing to do with the Quran yet the documentary still focused on it, same with Honor killings.

The documentary also showed Islam as the other as if it didnt have anything to do with the people in the west, I found that narrow.

Fastest growing religion - no mention.

Focused on terrorism, sect violenece and the stuff that the quran forbids but the documentary didnt even talk about what the quran said, should have said that sects are Haram in the Quran.

misrepresented Muslims and focused on how the west sees Islam as, Violent, divided and backwards.

However there were some good points such as muslim science, tolerance and women wearing Niqab and defending it but mostly it was a waste of time and a terrible documentary.

Zeenatii

Assalamoualaikoum,

I think Dr Zakir Naik give very clear explanation,he onced mentioned about how muslim misinterpreted of the Quran and how he clear those misinterpretation by thinking logicaly.
I am very impress with Dr Zakir Naik and his talk, it really make sense and don't confused.I believed other TV programmes are to creat more misconception in Islam.

wasalam