Christian...or...Christ Follower?

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
Salam Aleikum bro and sis.

the other day i was having a discussion with a fellow sister about islam and Christianity differences:
when we mentioned that the holy Quran has no contradiction such as the bible a previous muslim stated that their are no contradiction in the bible, as a result my friend mentioned a few but when she was started mentioning contradiction in the old testament the non-muslim said that she is a "Christ follower" so she did not listen. But she never said any thing when it came to the new testament, the only thing its that she disbelieve us claiming that we are lying even tough we gave her references.

Her behave when we mentioned the old testament shocked us for we had no clue what a christ follower is....and still don't

so i was wondering if any one here know any information about christ follower that you can give me coz i have no clue and it is interesting to know what they believe. why don't they call themselves christian but most of all if they go against the old testament...?

Thank you.:hijabi:
:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

i hope this helps answer ur question i looked it up online... although we here are preaching Islam not christianity or christ followers.. but if ur eager to know..

Christian or Christ-follower. It's a distinction that is being made more and more today, and often the latter term, Christ follower, is replacing the former term, Christian. Even many Christian leaders are making the switch. But just what does it mean? Emerging church leader, Erwin McManus says his "goal is to destroy Christianity as a world religion and be a recatalyst for the movement of Jesus Christ." In McManus' book, The Barbarian Way, he talks about being "awakened" to a "primal longing that ... waits to be unleashed within everyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ." McManus says that the "greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity [i.e., Christians]." A video series on YouTube.com called "Christian No More" (by Christian Community Church) exemplifies this view by portraying those who call themselves Christians as shallow church-goers who wear suits and ties, have Christian bumper stickers on their cars and prefer the King James Version. This belittling video is evidence that it is increasingly more popular to call oneself a Christ follower rather than a Christian.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Just to add Some (not all) Christains when you refer to the old testament they do not adhere to that and say the follow or abide by the Injeel (The Gospel).

:wasalam:
Sister Amirah80

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaamu Alaikum Sister, first they believe that the old testament is the book of Banu Israel which they believe they r not part of, second, it is no longer valid bcuz of esa' coming which they don't read the part of " not coming 2 change the law , but, 2 fulfill the scripture" part of the book. the christ followers r trying 2 establish their own style of grass root, good ol' boy, come as u r, don't need a suit or tie 2 come 2 church type of following.