College/Career Choices and Islam

Linkgx1

Yeah, I'm having a hard time choosing a career. I don't want to do something wrong or something I'll have to account for on Judgement Day.

Anyways, I want to go into Business Admistration (InshAllah) or something to do with computers (networking, etc.). Either one is fine with me.

Okay, is pursuing a degree in this okay? I wonder,because I don't want to waste four years in a degree.

So, can some one help please?

Yeah, I'm having a hard time choosing a career. I don't want to do something wrong or something I'll have to account for on Judgement Day.

Anyways, I want to go into Business Admistration (InshAllah) or something to do with computers (networking, etc.). Either one is fine with me.

Okay, is pursuing a degree in this okay? I wonder,because I don't want to waste four years in a degree.

So, can some one help please?

ASA Akhi,

There's nothing wrong with getting any degree as far as I'm aware of. In fact the Prophet (saw) said: "attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim." There are many career paths for both of those fields. My cousin has a masters in electrical engineering - he had an offer from a government contractor that was trying to hire him to help build jets and rockets. He did not take that offer and did not want to support that, so he ended up doing patents.