confusion.......

jaffar08

:salam2:

I am a software engineer by profession but I am not happy. I have got good money by Allah's grace and all my problems have solved. I hope if else I am having any problems those will also be solved by Allah's grace.

I am really in confusion, what to do. I don't have peace of mind. I want to leave this job but after this I don't have any livelihood. I am not happy with myself then how Allah will be happy with me.

I don't have love towards money and I want to live a very simple life being in prayers always. I want to go jannah. Sometimes I really feel scary when ever I think about my aakhirah. Sometimes it looks like it is very difficult to live in this world.

What to do...what to do??

:salah:

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam brother.

if u are a good muslim and loves his faith (which i can tell) then u don't have much to be afraid of. off course it's scary to think about facing allah swt but allah is the meciful and most gracious. if u find another job u prefere go for it, but don't quit ur job for nothing. god has givin u something so use it. in order to start a family u need to be stabile since ur the provider of a family.
i don't know if this help, i'm sure u know what's best. good luck brother, i hoop u solve this problem as well. insha allah.

massi

no my brother it's just a wisper from shaytan it's not true ....ok
the money is very important for worship Allaah
example : how you can make a Omra or Hadj if you don't have money
How you can help poor people without money...
How you buy books or quran or make dawaa without money ...
How you can get married without money ...
How you can make Zakat without money ...Zakat el fitre ....
The money is very grateful for a Muslim anyway ...anytime
THe money is the weapon for muslim so make sure that you have one :lol:
but you have just be sure that your money is Halale
and check this link :
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21982&ln=eng

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum waramatullaah,

I agree with sister Al-Salam. Indeed, money and profession is not everything and it could be fitnah sometimes BUT if you use it for Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala to help your brothers and sisters then Inshaa'Allaah you will be rewarded for it.

Shahzad

jaffar.. im a software engineer my self as well. im happy as job is always challenging and there are always some new things to do.
you can live "simple life" as being a SE. send me a private msg and we will talk inshALLAH

khairulUmmam

my brother,im not sure what u mean by not working any more,but do u have the luxury to support the whole of ur life? and i agree with massi,if u have went to haj,ddnt u miss to go there again? its a blessed place u know.. city of our prophet.. so mayb u miss it one day...and mayb if u still singlt,u might want to get marry because if im not wrong,our prophet say marry will complete a muslim's islam..if im wrong correct me please.. so my conclusion is,if u already have alot of money to support ur life,ur family,for ur ibadah,(dont forget zakat ), then go and solat istikharah,go and seek help from Allah to make final decision.. insyaAllah u wont make wrong decision... but 1 reminder,i personally think u nid not quit ur job,because ibadah can do anytime..zikir to Allah,and many small2 thing with alot of good deeds.. because have this saying says that find ur rezki like u going to live thousands of years,and ibadah to Allah like u are going to die tomorrow.. Wallahu a'lam.. may this post enlight u..salam

muslim-girl

asc brother

asc brother

i hope the best for u inshaAllah. May Allah help u , i understand what u mean , u feel like u are more far away from Allah and the dhir when u work. but remember to have some times to ur ibadah and Allah . Allah says have ur dunya on ur left hand and ur akriah on ur right hand. thats mean u should do ur life things but remember more the akriah and work hard for it. once i heard a sheik says, that Allah swt love more the man that work then the man who just sit in the mosque and make ibada. because Allah love the strong males, its a big part of islam. its import that u work, its actually ur duty . try to get part time on ur work if that its a good solution. maybe it will help u brother. inshaAllah i hope best for ur. u will be in my prayer and pray for me as well. this life is really a test. may Allah forgive us . amiiin

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum dear bro.

Well, quitting work ain't exactly what a practicing muslim is supposed to do. This's a bit against what Allah's recommending us to do. Remember that one of our main roles in this life is to be Allah's successor (khalefa)..., we should settle the earth and achieve intentions of Allah on it, each and every one in his field of expertise, what he's good at the most.....
Meaning if you're a software engineer, you should first have this intention (neah) at work that you are working for the sake of Allah, and to help your muslim fellows in any possible way. Don't you see that the Ummah now is in bad need for the efforts of every single muslim...educated and skilled muslim? Or should we re-do this mistake again and leave all the knowledge for the non-muslims so that they can have the upper hand and rule us more and more? I jsut remember Imam Shafe'y quotation" May Allah not to punish the muslims, for they left one third of all the human knowledge to the non muslims ( or jews and christians ), which is the medical science "

You know brother? if you can have this intention in your work, you'll fell your iman (faith) is very very high, you'll never fell annoyed with your work again, and you may even find new fields (if it's possible) for innovation and creation ...It all depends on the intention, the sincere intention.

Well, second point is that you should look out for what the ummah and muslim world needs now and how can you help with your work.. try to find out and ask Allah for guidance. You can also ask Him to (use) you, for prophet Muhammad (saw) says: " whenever Allah (Sw) loves one of the slaves, he uses him/her..."

May be afterall you are not happy with this job, well, in this case, I guess you may leave, but you should try to find some other job first, but never stay jobless. Another point is that you may be just in need for a vacation, didn't you think of it? this happens sometimes, may be you should consider it...

Ooops, It looks like I've been so talkative once more...Hope this can be some sorta help for you. Keep us up to date with your news..

Salam

Amir_of_spain

Imam Shafe'y quotation" May Allah not to punish the muslims, for they left one third of all the human knowledge to the non muslims ( or jews and christians ), which is the medical science "

ibn sena ywhere did you get this from? Sounds wrong to me.

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamo Alekum dear bro.

Well, I dunno if you know arabic, but here's the site:
http://www.saaid.net/tabeeb/5.htm

It's speaking generally about the merit and importance of medical sciences
It's quoting several sayings of Imam Al Shafe'y, including:

* "The Knowledge is of 2 types: The Knowledge of Deen (relegion) and the Knowledge of Donya (life); That of the Deen is the "Fiqh", that of the Donya is the "medicine"

* "I don't know any knowledge after the knowledge of what's halal and what's haram (i.e: knowledge of Fiqh) that's more noble than medical knowledge, but unfortunately, the people of the book (i.e: Jews and christians) are more skilled in it"

* "The Muslims lost one third of all the knowledge, and left it to jews and christians"

Well, all these quotations are taken from a book - according to the site- called " Adab Al Shafe'y Wa Manaqebaho" by Imam Al Razy "أداب الشافعى ومناقبه للرازى" who was himself (Al Razy) one of great muslim scientists in medicine and other sciences. Unfortunatly I dunno whether this book is availble in enlgish :(

Wasalam

jaffar08

Thanx all of u for being beside me. I dont know why but I was really not feeling good. The work I do, I was not happy with it because I was not finding Allah and rasool in it. I had a feeling that I was left by Allah alone and He don't likes me. I felt like I am only leading a worldly life rather than a spiritual life. I cannot express what my heart is feeling.

You all are true that money is important and I have to work for Allah then only I can get peace in my heart.

Sorry! for my nonscense thoughts but really I was frustrated. I dont know why?? I pray five times daily, I left beard also but yet there is something missing and I dont know what it is?

I promise you all that I wont leave working and I will try to be good in all my deeds.

mezeren

Thanx all of u for being beside me. I dont know why but I was really not feeling good. The work I do, I was not happy with it because I was not finding Allah and rasool in it. I had a feeling that I was left by Allah alone and He don't likes me. I felt like I am only leading a worldly life rather than a spiritual life. I cannot express what my heart is feeling.

brother,don't you know that when you do your worship properly,then everything else you do is considered as worship as well.so,if you praying 5 times a day and have a halal job,you'll get rewarded for it inshallah.

For your heart,you should read Quran and other islamic books regularly,because,since Allah creates the universe and us constantly,our need for emaan is constant,as we need fresh air all the time,we need to refresh our believes as well.

we all feel bad time to time.Life is a struggle and endless happiness is in paradise only inshallah.so,for the time being,keep going on the right path.

Shahzad

use duniya for aikhrat. clever.. isnt it ? :)
that duniya is bad which takes u away from ALLAH, else there is no harm in making big big money. But never forget ALLAH wherever u r