Consistency in Salah

YMYuke

I need to know how to consistently pray Salah for the rest of my life. There has been so many times that I fully focus and then lose focus, fully focus and then lose focus, fully focus and then lose focus on the deen. I find myself praying today 5 times tomorrow 5 times the day after 4 and then stopped, it is shameful but everytime i miss one Salah i miss the next one and then the next and that keeps going until i hit my head on a wall or something happens. I just can't keep my salah going for more than a week. This is really personal because I never really asked or talked about this to anyone, not that there is anyone I can talk to about in my life, my siblings are all younger than me and my friends will be a problem rather than help when it comes to salah.. is there any tips on how to be completely consistent, my heart changes every so often it is annoying, shameful and its time I change.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First and foremost do not get into the negative mode. Do not punish yourself. Sometimes, the punishment mode gets you deeper into the well of negativity.

Can you attend a masjid. That is almost a disciple. When we formalize our intention it makes it easier on us. Whenever you are able to offer a salat at the masjid try to do so.

By being in the company of the many it makes it easier to follow the path.

InshaAllah, keep reminders with you...the alarms, the adhans on your cell. And answer the call to prayer.

Mohammed Junedi

Asalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

Dear YMYuke,

I am happy to hear that you have a concern about missing prayers, which will be the first step moving forward towards Allah Subhan wa taa'la.

I can suggest you try to read Quran which will help you to pray all your salah on time with khushu-o-Khuzu.

This is the link of Quran from Tafsir-ibn-Kathir very useful one :

http://www.quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/001 Fatihah.htm

I can remember when I was working late night for Verizon Business project I was missing Fajr prayers.
But when I read Quran which states that "The difference between a hypocrite and a Believer is Namaz { worshipping with lazyness } which is used to sound in my ears with a very alarming sound.

Get in touch with some practising Muslims in your surrounding and try to pray with them when you are away from Masjid or if you are near to Masjid then please pray in the Masjid.

Ask Allah through supplication for him to bring you infront of him all five times a day. Allah really listens to those who ask and do Dua. Dua as much as you can and you will see the Difference.

May Allah bless you and yours always!

YMYuke

Jazaakumullah khayr for the link and your advices bro and sis, Inshallah I'll follow, remember and read :).

a_stranger

:salam2:

Try to find your heart in salah , by more faith, more knoweldge.
Find a good company that care about salah .
Listen to Islamic lectures.
Be strict with yourself , let Quran and Sunna be your leader, not vain desires and shaytan.
Have patience .
Remember death may come any moment.
Remember nothing is better than Janna and worse than hell.
Seek help from Allah subhanahu wa taaala.
May Allah subhanahu wa taaala help us all muslems to preform prayers as should be, forgive us, and accept our prayers. Amen