Controlling ones tongue

Emelianenko

Abu Hurairah ra narrates that Rasulullah saw said: The exellence of a mans Islam is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him (Tirmidhi)
Note:The meaning of this Hadith is that perfection and beauty of a mans belief is reflected in his giving up pointless talk and useless occupations.

Anas ibne Malik RA narrates that Rasulullah saw said: A slave (of Allah) cannot attain the reality of faith, until he gaurds his tongue (Tabarani and Majma-uz-Zawaid)

Abu Said al Khudri RA narrates that Rasulullah said: When a man gets up in the morning, all the limbs humble themselves before the tongue and say: Fear Allah concerning us, for we are dependent on you. If you are straight and obedient, we too will be straight and obedient; if you are crooked (disobedient), we too will be crooked. (Then we will have to undergo punishment) (Tirmidhi)

Hudhaifa RA narrates: My tongue was sharp on my family; i used to rebuke them. I said to Rasulullah saw: i fear that my tongue will take me to hell. Rasulullah saw said: Then where has repentance gone? (why do you not tender repentance, so that your tongue may be reformed?). I repent to my Rabb (Sustainer) a hundred times a day (Musnad Ahmad)

Abu Hurairah RA narrates that Rasulullah saw said: A man speaks something without realising what he has said, but because of it he falls deep into hell to a distance more than between the east and the west. (Muslim)

Umme Habiba RA, wife of Nabi saw narrates that Nabi saw said: The speech of the Son of Adam is a burden upon him (a reason to be held accountable for) except Enjoining Good,Prohibiting Evil, or remembering Allah (Tirmidhi)

Mughirah Ibne Shu'bah RA narrates that he heard Nabi saw saying: Allah swt has disliked three things for you; firstly, engaging in (unnecessary) gossip, secondly, squandering wealth, thirdly, asking too many questions. (Bukhari)

Hafs Ibne Asim RA narrates that Rasulullah saw said: It is enough for a man to be (considered) a liar that he narrates whatever he hears without checking its truthfulness (Muslim)

Anas bin Malik RA narrates: On the death of a sahabi, a man said (addressing the dead); Glad tidings of paradise you. Rasulullah saw told him: How do you say this when you do not know his real condition? Perhaps he spoke about that which did not concern him or was miserly about something which would have caused him no loss. (e.g. teaching of knowledge, or lending something, or spending money for the pleasure of Allah, as these do not decrease knowledge or wealth). (Tirmidhi)
Note:The meaning of this hadith is that, one should not declare to someone to be a man of paradise;however;due to his good deeds, one can be hopeful.