curious

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

The Torah (Tauràt) that was given to Musa (Moses) does not exist in it's original sister, the children of Israel (the jews) forged it for earthly wealth.

And indeed We granted to Mûsa (Moses) and Hârûn (Aaron) the criterion (of right and wrong), and a shining light [i.e. the Taurât (Torah)] and a Reminder for Al-Muttaqûn (the pious). 21:48

O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with Me), and fear none but Me.
And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'ân), confirming that which is with you, [the
Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. I, Page 253).
And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth). 2:40-42

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allâh," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby. 2:76

And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allâh unto you confirming the Taurât [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed. But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad SAWS) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic." 61:6

And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad SAW) the Book (this Qur'ân) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures)[]. So judge between them by what Allâh has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allâh willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allâh; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ. 5:48

That is shortly some Ayah about the Taurat from the Qur'an!

How much of the Qur'an do you know sister? How about the Hadeeths of the Messenger of Allah (saws)?

I would like to advise you
sister to seek knowledge about our Qur'an, to concentrate on it, memorise as many of it, that is more than enough for us insha'Allah as that is what we are expected to even though there's no harm on knowing something about the previous books insha'Allah - that was just an advice from a brother to a sister!

wasalaam.

umYaniah

mashaallah. brother i know just alittle of hadeeths of the prophet(saw) to get by. N none of Quran, a few surahs for salat. Inshaallah i will continue to learn from all of u knowledgeable muslims of this site.

Shurkran, umyaniah

Praise2Allah

Isnt the Torah part of the Old Testament? If so, in it itself are hundreds of prophecies which speak of the advent of prophet Mohammed may Allah blessing and peace be upon him until eternity.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Isnt the Torah part of the Old Testament? If so, in it itself are hundreds of prophecies which speak of the advent of prophet Mohammed may Allah blessing and peace be upon him until eternity.

As Salaamu Alaykum
The Torah is the first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy).

The books are trustworthy in some places, but not in others.

Praise2Allah

Then yes prophet Mohammed is mentioned in Deutronemy chapter 18:18 where God says He will raise a prophet from among the Jews' brethren i.e cousins. The Bible affirms that Arabs and Jews are brethen:

If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.(Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israeli tes beause he was a descendant of Ishamel the son of Abraham. This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among the mselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN.

The verse is:

18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

This was also the Quran since words were put int Mohammeds mouth alaih isalat wisalam (peace be upon him). Unlike the Bible, the Quran was a verbal revelation, the Bible was, according to Christians an inspirational revelation.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

The Torah (Tauràt) that was given to Musa (Moses) does not exist in it's original sister, the children of Israel (the jews) forged it for earthly wealth.

And indeed We granted to Mûsa (Moses) and Hârûn (Aaron) the criterion (of right and wrong), and a shining light [i.e. the Taurât (Torah)] and a Reminder for Al-Muttaqûn (the pious). 21:48

O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill (your obligations to) My Covenant (with you) so that I fulfill (My Obligations to) your covenant (with Me), and fear none but Me.
And believe in what I have sent down (this Qur'ân), confirming that which is with you, [the
Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with My Verses [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone. (Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol. I, Page 253).
And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you know (the truth). 2:40-42

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allâh," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby. 2:76

And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allâh unto you confirming the Taurât [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed. But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad SAWS) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic." 61:6

And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad SAW) the Book (this Qur'ân) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures)[]. So judge between them by what Allâh has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allâh willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allâh; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ. 5:48

That is shortly some Ayah about the Taurat from the Qur'an!

How much of the Qur'an do you know sister? How about the Hadeeths of the Messenger of Allah (saws)?

I would like to advise you
sister to seek knowledge about our Qur'an, to concentrate on it, memorise as many of it, that is more than enough for us insha'Allah as that is what we are expected to even though there's no harm on knowing something about the previous books insha'Allah - that was just an advice from a brother to a sister!

wasalaam.

Jazzak-Allah Khair brother for sharing with us.:blackhijab:

:wasalam: