Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

The underlying issue is deeper. The girl has been given a lot of latitude. The father is just as immature as the girl.
When a child does something wrong it hurts the parents equally.

I am not excusing the behavior of the child. But, the father is equally wrong.
:wasalam:

:)
Aapa, from how I see it, You are covering it as a parent, together we are covering it from different ends.. For a change let me chime in. Also Aapa, the explanation that follows, is not a justification, nor am I refuting what you have said, just a supplement.

Having seen many young carefree couples transform completely and take the responsibility of bringing up a child, despite their own short comings, I still say the transformation is ........ amazing!! Given how selfish each individual is, it surely is Almighty's blessing, the transformation of a person into a caring, nurturing, tolerating parent! Often by tolerating the wrongs the child does, parents send a wrong signal and confuse the kids... From what I have seen around me, not every parent end up becoming a good ring master. Moreover unlike in past, nowadays Good ring master examples are far less, Good ring master courses are not yet in the commercial market, nor are they available in silicon chips to load and learn, Every child is unique and is a challenge. The undoing of the most stable social unit called family is hurting and firing back at all fronts... is it not?

The parents time is over, the parents are older, its tough to change the older ones.. Moreover the kid might have stopped listening to her parents from long before. The young kid now a teen still has a better chance, that teens attitude still can be molded. when parent fails, the immediate closer ones in society should pitch in, or else, the kid would be rubbed in wrong way and become socially less acceptable...!

When nobody is willing to listen, assimilate and produce a positive action; its vicious, blaming.

Yes, issues always issue more issues...
Yes issues always, are deeper...

So I had then said
If that gal does reconcile with her father, theirs will be a happy family. Lets hope sense sinks in the kids conscience. Lets hope this event acts as a warning and the attitude gets better ...!

I rephrase it again now
If the gal, father do reconcile, theirs will be a happy family. Lets hope sense sinks in their conscience. Lets hope this event acts as a warning and the attitude gets better from both sides...!

:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

But, this is not an Islamic situation. As parents our roles are more clearly defined in Islam.

strive-may-i

Yes Aapa, roles are defined but role models are few. Absence of role models in last few decades, due to slipping standards, is often used as a pretext to claim those defined roles are out of tune with time!

The situation is social. And children are exposed to society, peers and media influences. A few misses here and there adds over time, giving us a sizable, influential trained few who could misguide more... is it not?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...If I were an animal I have decided I must be a tiger. I am strong and independent. I see you the same way.

If two Believing women who do not have time to play, as do kittens, we must know something.

Let the kufr play their games. We have Muslims to raise.

Nah. I think I am polar bear inside. You can be tiger.

:SMILY346:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Oh please. . .

Did any of you father basher even pay any attention to what that girl wrote! I would have asked him to hang her upside down, make a video of that and post it on her wall. For Allaah sake! what happened to the respect for parents! Muslim or not, It's them because of whom we are here, it's there hearts Allaah filled with mercy so they took care of us. They are not those goofy celebs you can insult in public and feel fine about it. . .

I'm really amazed by how low some of you think of the status of parents.

I stay by what I said, the man did Awesome! He gave her a chance already. She wasn't a cooing baby anymore. She deserved what she got. I understand that she's what her parents made her. That certainly doesn't mean her dad did wrong on this one. If for once, he's done right. She said she wasn't her father's slave, her father just reminded her, he wasn't either.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

That is right polar bear...I got your back on this one.

My my my...hate to be the one to bring this into this non-topic but where is the mother? It is the responsibility of the mother to nurture manners and obedience.

Back to tigers...and tigers dream big..how about polar bears?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Kids bought up on nursery rhymes like "Ten little injuns" and "Lizzie Borden took an axe.."what can be expected.
Alhamdulillah I am a muslim.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Lol the second he pulled out the gun to shoot the laptop, my laughter began and didn't stop until the laptop was smoking from bullet holes.

My mother and I watched this together and had a good laugh. However, my mother's first words after listening to this man was how she felt he would break down and start crying any minute. She heard the emotion in his voice and where I heard mostly anger, she heard mostly pain.

And she knows how it feels to give a child nothing but love and have the same child spit in her face with disrespect and unruliness. She knows what it's like to have a family destroyed because the child would constantly take advantage of the parents' love and torture them with constant disrespect and hatred.

So she practically gave him a standing ovation when she watched this video. "He did what he had to do," she said, and that "if all parents were like this, all kids would get straightened out".

Where's the mother you ask? Right here. And she's the most beautiful Believer I know.

You know whose opinion really matters? The opinion of parents who've been burned by their kid's behavior because they DIDN'T take a stance like this smart father and wish they had.

I'm glad I watched this video with my mom. You had two perspectives from two sides of the same coin.

What were the results?

Kid tested, mother approved. :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Lol the second he pulled out the gun to shoot the laptop, my laughter began and didn't stop until the laptop was smoking from bullet holes.

My mother and I watched this together and had a good laugh. However, my mother's first words after listening to this man was how she felt he would break down and start crying any minute. She heard the emotion in his voice and where I heard mostly anger, she heard mostly pain.

And she knows how it feels to give a child nothing but love and have the same child spit in her face with disrespect and unruliness. She knows what it's like to have a family destroyed because the child would constantly take advantage of the parents' love and torture them with constant disrespect and hatred.

So she practically gave him a standing ovation when she watched this video. "He did what he had to do," she said, and that "if all parents were like this, all kids would get straightened out".

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

You know what ukht, I love you mother already. She seems like a person, everyone should get to meet. Mashaa'Allaah! may Allaah bless her with more wisdom. Pass her my salams.

P.S. Why don't you introduce her here sometime? It'll be great you know.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Lol. This is quite funny. Yet I think with 22mil+ youtube hits, he went a bit tooo public. Otherwise he done something good I reckon, obliterate "your" possession to teach your child some respect.