Dates for your diary

Abdul Malik

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

Inshallah all my bro/sis are well and in the best of Eeman.

Just a suggestion but was thinking it be nice to have a thread with info regards any Confrences, islamic lectures that might be taking place anywhere, just keeps everyone informed about what the ummah doin where, dont know about everyone else but lol sometimes i miss all the best confrences etc due to having no knowledge of them.

Alhumdulillah on this site our big muslim family is global and people are frm all parts of the globe, so was thinking it be nice if people could post info on any islamic events that do take place be nice to keep everyone informed no matter where people are frm coz if it doesnt benefit one of us it mite someone esle inshallah.

Let me no what everyone thinks Jazakallah khairan.

ALLAH guide us all to the haq and increase us all in our Eeman.....ameen

Submitter

:salam2:

Mashallah brother this is a very good idea. I too miss so many conferences, lectures, talks, marches, because there isn't enough advertising and the news just doesn't get to me. I'm not sure whether this would warrant a whole section of the forum for it but I think this is definately something we should have. Jazakallah for the suggestion bro :)

:wasalam:

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu Aleykom

is good idea but it depends where you are living. if there is ISNA conference taking somewhere in the U.S. and you are in the other side of the world, you won't be interest to hear.

Submitter

AsSalamu Aleykom

is good idea but it depends where you are living. if there is ISNA conference taking somewhere in the U.S. and you are in the other side of the world, you won't be interest to hear.

Brother, I would still be interested to hear news of such a conference and to discover the topics of discussion. Indeed, we could all discuss what was being said at the conference here on TurnToIslam.

As we've discovered from the thread titled "What background are you from?" there are people on this forum from all over the world. If we did have a section dedicated to events we could have some guidelines on how to post. e.g. to have the city and country of the event in the thread title. To have details of dates, times, speakers, etc. in the body of the first post.

These are just ideas for now I guess. Maybe brother Mabsoot would like to set up a trial for a few weeks and see how it goes. I know at the moment there arn't many threads announcing events but maybe with a dedicated section this would encourage people to inform everybody else?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

how would we know who is speaking and what sort of people they are?

There are a lot of conferences setup all the time, and a lot of people claiming to be scholars too, especially in the West.....

wasalam.

Abdul Malik

confrences during xmas period???

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrakatuh,

Akhi i know exactly what your saying but inshallah im hoping most people on the site are upon the quran and sunnah and follow the way of the pious predesesours?

inshallah it would be nice if people had info on up and coming confrences during the xmas period, the kuffar will be busy opening pressy and inshallah we will looking to gain knowledge over the holiday period.

Sometimes people miss out due to lack off awarness so inshallah we can help 1 another.

ALLAH guide us all to the correct path.....ameen

Abdul Malik

info

Asalam alaikum wraahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

Info on lectures during holiday period.

Winter Islamic Seminar 11/12/2006

Winter Islamic Seminar 2006

ISLAM IS THE FUTURE & THE FUTURE IS FOR ISLAM

Monday 25th December 2006
Seminar begins at 10.30am

Speakers:
· Shaykh Wasi Ullah Abbas (KSA) (Live Telephone Link)
· Abu Usamah at-Thahabi (USA)
· Murtadha Khan (UK)
· Ilyas kermani (UK)

To be held at Green Lane Masjid,
20 Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham, B9 5DB
t: 0121 773 0019 f: 0121 766 8779
e: [email protected]

All lectures in English - FREE admission
All Brothers & Sisters Welcome

Please spread the word by e-mailing family and friends…

Click here for the poster: http://www.greenlanemasjid.org/seminar/islamfuture.jpg

Kayote

Salam all,

Just to let everyone know. I went to London Central Mosque yesterday evening & I found out that they have lectures every Sunday on various topics.

On Sunday after Asr, they have one on Islam & the west (or something similar to that).

I personally loved the atmosphere at the ICC, it was so laid back & peaceful. Insha'Allah I'm going next Sunday as well.

WaAliekum Assalam

Abdul Malik

Talks over xmas

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh

Just some more info about seminars and confrences over the xmas period.

http://www.calltoislam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=445&Itemid=

http://www.calltoislam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=448&Itemid=

TRUE GLOBAL PEACE AND UNITY & HOW TO ACHIEVE IT

Shaykh Usaamah Al-Qoosee [confirmed]

Shaykh Khaalid Al-Anbari [confirmed]

Shaykh Faisal Al-Jaasim [confirmed]

Shaykh Husayn Al-Awaayishah [invited]

Shaykh Abul-Yussar (Jordan) [invited]

Inshaa’Allaah, all talks will be broadcast live on Paltalk

[room: Religion/Islam/Call To Islam]

01582 724647 or Abu Saifillah 07951 951141 Abu Ibrahim 07879 472651

Overnight Stay Facilities:
For brothers only in the Masjid, separate arrangements for sisters, please bring own sleeping bags and toiletries. Breakfast and dinner after ‘Ishaa provided for those staying over.

Sisters Overnight Accommodation:
Sisters must phone the numbers to register their names and the names and ages of their children if they want over night accommodation and agree to pay £10 per sister and £5 per child.

Crèche Facilities:
There may be a small cost for the crèche per child per day. The minimum age for children in the crèshe is 3 years old - under 3s must stay with their mothers in a separate room.

Parking:
Unfortunately there is no private parking facility at the moment so please park responsibly in appropriate places. We are currently working on a deal with the Beech Hill Conservative Club and will post updates on the site - inshaa'Allaah. As you are no doubt aware, parking on all roads during Sunday and Monday should be easy because of the holiday but Saturday may pose difficulties.

Local Hotels:

Leaside Hotel & Restaurant

72 New Bedford Road

Tel: 01582 417643
Sunnyside Guest House

352 Dunstable Road

Tel: 01582 614900

Sunview Guest House

525 Dunstable Road

Tel: 01582 491870
Arlington Hotel

137 New Bedford Road