Day Of judgement and the punishment

islamdonlyway

:salam2: brothers and sisters, inshaallah everyone is good. I just wanted to ask the following question:

In the day of judgement people will be questioned in regards to their life (time,money, prayer etc). Recently i have listened to a talk whereby the speaker says those that will be questioned on that day are in danger of getting punished. so the people who will be questioned will get punished? what about those believers who will be questioned? will they be punished ?

jazakallah.

~Muslimah~

Walaikum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, dear brother :hijabi:
A believer who hasn't obeyed Allah swt completely, such as not wearing the hijab, or they did something bad to another fellow brother/sister, backbited etc will be questioned by the one and only, the Almighty. This will be very hard for them, but if Allah the most merciful wills, he can forgive any sin other than shirk. However, let me give you an example; a person prays, gives zakaat etc. And has done many good deeds. But, on the day of judgement, Allah swt does not accept them, as this person was constantly boasting and telling everyone that he has done hajj 5 times or telling everyone he has given charity. The point is, he didn't do those deeds for the sake of Allah ta'ala. This is just one example of a believer that will be punished.
A believer who in the dunya feared Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala much and always cried for forgiveness and tried to be as obedient as possible, that person will not be questioned. Maybe a believer may be taken away from the other people and secretly told by Allah "Did you do this (bad deed)?" and the servant would reply "Yes, ya Allah!" ... "Did you do that (bad deed)?"... "Yes, ya Allah!" until Allah swt says "I have forgiven all your sins. Go, and enter my paradise". Subhanallah! May Allah almighty forgive our sins :SMILY23: In addition, a hypocrite/non believer will not be taken away from the people. Allah swt will question them harshly in front of everyone.
Therefore, there will be some believers who will be questioned, and some who won't be, depending on their deeds and what they did in the dunya. However, out of those that will be questioned, there will be people who will thereafter enter Paradise, and some that will enter Hell; these people are put into hell as they hardly did any good deeds, in my knowledge, but they still believed in one God, and that Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam is the last messenger of Allah swt. They will eventually be taken out of hell, by Allah's mercy! :allahuakbar:
To be realistic, brother, Allah swt truly knows best. It depends upon that person, and his circumstances, what was in their heart. So briefly, not all of the believers who will be questioned will enter paradise. Some will, and some won't. And Allah knows best
May Allah swt guide us all to the straight path, and make us successful in the dunya, and especially in the hereafter. Ya Allah! Save us from the torment of the fire.
:wasalam: :tti_sister:

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum,

I'd like to believe this but are there any refs you can mention with regards to this? I mean that some believers will be questioned and other not... I was under the impression that we will ALL be questioned.

~Muslimah~

Walaikum salaam sister,
I cannot copy the arabic text for some reason, but the reference from the quran is 39:10 (surah az-Zumar), here is the translation:
Say, "Oh My servants who have believed, fear your Lord. For those who do good in this world is good, and the earth of Allah is spacious. Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account."

I think my answer above was a bit unclear, those who are patient Allah ta'ala will say to them to go straight to paradise.
Hope I have cleared your doubts, sister. :hijabi:

islamdonlyway

Walaikum salaam sister,
I cannot copy the arabic text for some reason, but the reference from the quran is 39:10 (surah az-Zumar), here is the translation:
Say, "Oh My servants who have believed, fear your Lord. For those who do good in this world is good, and the earth of Allah is spacious. Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account."

I think my answer above was a bit unclear, those who are patient Allah ta'ala will say to them to go straight to paradise.
Hope I have cleared your doubts, sister. :hijabi:

yeah but there is a hadith saying 70,000 will enter jannah without being questioned due to their level of imaan. soo i am guessing its to do with level of imaan? if your a weak believer you might be questioned still?. because inshallah im confident 70,000 will not be the only group to enter jannah.

70,000= wil not be questioned and will enter jannah stright away. what about those not in this 70,000?

~Muslimah~

:salam2: Bro,

Sahih bukhari: Volume 7, Book 71, Number 606: Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Allah's Apostle said, 'Nations were displayed before me; one or two prophets would pass by along with a few followers. A prophet would pass by accompanied by nobody. Then a big crowd of people passed in front of me and I asked, "Who are they, Are they my followers?" It was said, 'No. It is moses and his followers. It was said to me, "Look at the horizon." Behold! There was a multitude of people filling the horizon. Then it was said to me, 'Look there and there about the stretching sky! Behold! There was a multitude filling the horizon.' It was said to me, 'This is your nation out of whom 70 000 shall enter paradise without reckoning.'
Then the prophet entered his house without telling his companions who they (the 70 000) were. So the people started talking about the issue and said, "It is we who have believed in Allah and followed his Apostle; therefore those people are either ourselves or our children who are born in the islamic era, for we were born in the pre-islamic period of ignorance." When the prophet heard of that, he came out and said, "Those people are those who do not treat themselves with ruqya, nor do they believe in bad or good omen (from birds etc.) nor do they get themselves branded ( Cauterized ), but they put their trust (only) in their Lord." On that 'Ukasha bin Muhsin said, "Am I one of them, O Allah's Apostle?" The prophet said, "Yes." Then another person got up and said, "Am I one of them?" The prophet said, " 'Ukasha has anticipated you. "

I'll elaborate. If you look at the arabic, it says يدخلون الجنة بغير حساب NOTE, the word 'hisab' is used meaning these 70,000 will not be questioned or punished but will gain immediate entry to jannah. But that doesn't mean that the all the rest will be punished.. However it simply means the rest will be put through the procedure of being gathered, then questioned, then their deeds weighed etc...and then Allah decides who gains entry and who is to spend a period of time in hellfire be it temporarily or permamnently. Get it now? In addition, another narration says that with each thousand will be another 70,000, (wallahu alam) will get the source

Hope that answers the question.
Wassalam. :hijabi:

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum,

Another Hadith to share which was the topic of a previous thread...

from Al-A'mash, after Abu Salih, after Abu Sa' id Al-Khudri who narrated the Prophet (Peace be upon him) to have said: "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik, and all the good is in Your Hand.' Allah will say: 'Bring out the people of the fire.' Adam will say: 'O Allah! How many are the people of the Fire?' Allah will reply: 'From every one thousand, take out nine-hundred and ninety-nine.' At that time children will become hoary headed, every pregnant female will have a miscarriage, and one will see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah." The Companions of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) asked, "O Allah's Messenger! Who is that (excepted) one?" He said, "Rejoice with glad tidings; one person will be from you and one thousand will be from Gog and Magog." The Prophet (Peace be upon him) further said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He added, "I hope that you will be one-third of the people of Paradise.We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He said, "I hope that you will be half of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He further said, "You (Muslims) (compared with non Muslims) are like a black hair in the skin of a white ox or like a white hair in the skin of a black ox (i.e. your number is very small as compared with theirs)." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)