Did anyone see Allah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebulfeth

:salam2:

I'm still confused about this; did any of the Jinn, Angels, or Prophets see Allah(swwt)?

if i am not wrong.

some big angels( like Radwan alayhi salam Jabrail alayhi salam) shaitan, and after the Prophet Muhammad´s (s.a.w.) ascent to heaven,our propet have seen Allah azza wa calla.
these are the ones whom i know. and after the kiyamah people who goes to jannah directly will see Allah (c.c.)
but Allah cant be seen with eyes. because Allah is not something. Allah is the one created somethings.
so anybody who is honored to see Allah calla wa calaluhu will see with whole body and soul.

Allah(c.c.) knows best
salamo alaiqum

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Did the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) see his Lord on the night of the Mi’raaj?​

Question:
Did prophet Muhammad (pbuh) directly see Allah almighty,on the day he saw Heaven,Hell, etc?
if so,please send me evidance of this from the Quran Hadith.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. Most of the Sahaabah were of the view that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not see Allaah with his eyes on the night of the Miraaj.
It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever told you that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw his Lord was lying. He said that no vision can grasp him [cf. al-An’aam 6:103]…”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tawheed, 6832).
It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Did you see your Lord?’ He said, ‘ He is veiled by Light, how could I see Him.’” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eeman, 261).
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “ ‘The (Prophet’s) heart belied not what he saw, and indeed he saw Him at a second descent.’ [al-Najm 53:11-12] (This means that) he saw Him twice with his heart.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Eemaan, 258).
Ibn al-Qayyim said: “ ‘Uthmaan ibn Sa’eed al-Daarimi said in his book al-Ru’yah that there was consensus among the Sahaabah that he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] did not see his Lord on the night of the Mi’raaj. Some of them excluded Ibn ‘Abbaas and said that he was not one of those who said that. Our Shaykh says that this does not go against the facts, for Ibn ‘Abbaas did not say that he saw Him with the eyes in his head, and Ahmad relied upon this in one of the two reports narrated from him, where he says that he saw Him but he did not say that that was with the eyes in his head. The wording used by Ahmad is the same as that used by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both). What indicates that what our Shaykh said about the meaning of the hadeeth of Abu Dharr is correct is the fact that in another hadeeth he said that His veil is Light. And Allaah knows best what the Light is that is mentioned in the hadeeth of Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) where it says, ‘I saw Light.’”
Ijtimaa’ al-Juyoosh al-Islamiyyah, vol. 1, p. 12
Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Chapter: with regard to seeing Allaah, what was proven in al-Saheeh from Ibn ‘Abbaas is that he said: ‘Muhammad saw his Lord with his heart twice, and ‘Aa’ishah denied that he had seen Him. Some people reconciled these two reports by saying that ‘Aa’ishah denied that he saw Him with his eyes and Ibn ‘Abbaas affirmed that he saw Him with his heart. Some versions of the report narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas refers to seeing without specifying how, and others indicate that it was with the heart. Sometimes he says that Muhammad saw his Lord, and sometimes he says that Muhammad saw Him. There is no clear statement from Ibn ‘Abbaas which says that he saw Him with his eyes. Similarly Imaam Ahmad sometimes says that he saw Him and sometimes says that he saw Him with his heart. No one whom Ahmad heard said that he saw Him with his eyes. But some of his companions heard some of the words that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes, just as some people heard the words of Ibn ‘Abbaas that did not specify how, and understood from that that he had seen Him with his eyes. But there is nothing in the evidence to prove that he saw Him with his eyes, and that was not narrated from any of the Sahaabah. There is nothing in the Qur’aan or Sunnah to indicate that, rather the saheeh texts which indicate that he did not see Him are more definitive. In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated that Abu Dharr said: ‘I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Did you see your Lord?” He said, “He is veiled with Light, how could I see Him?”’ And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allaah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him]
Who took His slave (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah) to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsaa (in Jerusalem), the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We might show him (Muhammad) of Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.)’
[al-Isra’ 17:1]
If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that He would have mentioned that. The same applies to the words “Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad) about what he saw [during the Mi’raaj]?” [al-Najm 53:12 – interpretation of the meaning]. If he had seen Him with his own eyes, that would have been mentioned.
It is proven from the saheeh texts and from the consensus of the salaf (first generations) of this ummah that no one can see Allaah with his eyes in this world, with the exception of the claim made by some that our Prophet Muhammad alone saw Him. But they are agreed that the believers will see Allaah on the Day of Resurrection with their own eyes just as they see the sun and the moon (in this world).”
And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, vol. 6, p. 509-510.

Islam qa

OsMaN_93

Here to help
if i am not wrong.

some big angels( like Radwan alayhi salam Jabrail alayhi salam) shaitan, and after the Prophet Muhammad´s (s.a.w.) ascent to heaven,our propet have seen Allah azza wa Jalla.
these are the ones whom i know. and after the kiyamah people who goes to jannah directly will see Allah (c.c.)
but Allah cant be seen with eyes. because Allah is not something. Allah is the one created somethings.
so anybody who is honored to see Allah calla wa calaluhu will see with whole body and soul.

Allah(c.c.) knows best
salamo alaiqum

lol u av a spelling mistake ^^ :D

Mumin01

No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things. ( Quran 6:103)

no one can answer questions better than Allah,

Praise God

Salaam

aishah_2304m

peace lover
asalamualikyum wr wb Al Qassimi......i hope dis answers ur Q and helps u solve ur queries insha Allah!!

Archangel Jibriel alongwith two other angels visited the holy Prophet (Pbuh) one night, while he was asleep in the Hateem part of Ka’abah. The angel then operated upon his heart and made some changes probably because the material body could not withstand the space travel with the required velocity without certain protection. The related part of the narration reads; “... Jibriel among them took upon himself to make a cut from the throat down to a part below the heart of the Prophet till he emptied the chest and the stomach. Then with his hands he washed it with Zamzam water till the stomach was cleaned. Then was brought a golden tray in which was a golden light filled with faith and wisdom. Pouring it inside, the chest and the veins of throat were filled up. Then the opened part was closed...” (Bukhari)

By incorporating the changes in the body system, his body was probably converted from material into Noorani (lightening) body to withstand the journey of space. It may be remembered that the material bodies of people destined for heavens would also be changed to lightening bodies after The Maidaan-e-Hash’r (The place of great gathering) before taking them to heavens.

The Qur’an has summarised the event in one verse; “Exalted is He (Allah) who took his bondsman (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Masjid-il-Haram (Ka’abah) to Masjid-il-Aqsa (the Mosque in Jerusalem), the neighbourhood whereof we have blessed, in order that we might show him our signs...” (17:1)

From there, he was raised to the heavens where he again met and conversed with different Prophets. Then came the most honoured moment of the journey as he was elevated to a point beyond heavens, called Sidrat-ul-Muntaha. What he observed there is described in Qur’an in the following words; “One free from any defect in body and mind then He (?) rose and became stable, While he was in the highest part of the horizon. Then he approached and came closer and was at a distance of two bows length or (even) closer. So, He (Allah) revealed to his bondsman (Muhammad) whatever he revealed. The Prophet’s heart lied not in what he saw.

Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad) about what he saw? And indeed, he (Muhammad) saw him at a second descent near Sidrat-ul-Muntaha. Near it is Paradise of Abode. When that covered the Sidrah, which did cover it, the sight (of Prophet Muhammad) turned not aside nor it transgressed beyond the limit. Indeed he (Muhammad) did see of the greatest signs of his Lord (Allah)”. (53:6-18)

There has been difference of opinion among scholars right from the days of Sahaba about whom the Prophet (Pbuh) met and saw at the place beyond heavens and horizon. Some say he saw Allah while others opine that he saw Jibriel in his original form. Ibne Abbas swore by the earlier while the Prophet’s wife Aisha strongly reprimanding the idea of physical sighting of Allah, favoured the latter opinion.

Both these assumptions invite serious apprehensions that could not be answered satisfactorily. Did the Prophet set eyes on Allah? Qur’an says; “No (material) vision can grasp him”. (6:103) When Prophet Musa (A.S) expressed his desire to see the Almighty, he said; “You can not (bear to) see me (in your material mould)”. (7:143). Those supporting the ‘saw Him’ theory say that it was an exclusive honour of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) alone and an exception that the Lord appeared for him. It may also be argued in the light of what I have written above that the holy Prophet, during Me’raj was in a spiritual mould. What goes against the idea of Allah’s appearance before the Prophet then? Well, primarily the holy Prophet (Pbuh) himself never claimed seeing Allah, while narrating the events of Me’raj. If he had, it would have been the most important part worth description. Secondly, none of the companions insisting on ‘Deedar’ (sighting) ascribe the claim to the Prophet. Instead, they say so based on conjectures. Thirdly, the Prophet’s wives should have been the first to be privy to such information if it was true. Not only none of them narrated thus but also Hazrat Aisha strongly denounced and even reprimanded such claims. Fourthly, the description in Qur’an, of the person, whom the Prophet (Pbuh) met in Me’raj seems too materialistic to fit the conception of Allah. Read them again; “.. Then he approached and came closer and was at a distance of two bows length or (even) closer..” And lastly, the Prophet himself denied that he saw Allah in Me’raj; “Narrated Abuzar that he asked the Prophet (Pbuh); Did you see your Lord? He replied; He is Noor. How can I see Him.” (Muslim)

The second theory of seeing Jibriel in his real form is also very unlikely. It is an anticlimax of a very extraordinary miracle described with much importance by Qur’an and Hadith. Seeing Hazrat Jibriel, a frequent visitor to the Prophet (Pbuh) (even in his original form) would not have been such a big event. The traditions also say that Hazrath Jibriel was not permitted to accompany the Prophet to Sidratul-Muntaha. He alone was elevated upto the all-important destination and hence the question of his seeing Jibriel there does not arise.

If neither Allah nor Jibriel, then who was he, whom the Prophet met there? Naturally some personage who is in between them both in stature, Haqeeqat-e-Ahmadi, of whom Muhammad r was a part and material manifestation. The Prophet (Pbuh) was informed and shown his own spiritual reality at Sidrat-ul-Muntaha. The Qur’an briefly mentions only the following; “So He (Allah) revealed to his bondsman (Muhammad) whatever he revealed... Indeed he (Muhammad) did see of the greatest signs of his Lord (Allah)”.

(And surely Allah alone knows the absolute truth.)

jazaaq Allah kahir brother....

---Aishah.

Al Qassimi

Masallah, Shukran

I just want to clear this out so no body saw Allah, not even the Angels because the most person that close to Allah was Prohpet Muhummud or am I wrong?

aishah_2304m

peace lover
Afhan brother Al Qassimi.....prophet muhammad(pbuh) hasn't claimed to see Allah as i posted before....regarding the angels seeing Allah dat s also unlikely because der s no hadith or verse from da quran which clearly states dat...

Allah knows bestt :allahuakbar: !!

ebulfeth

Afhan brother Al Qassimi.....prophet muhammad(pbuh) hasn't claimed to see Allah as i posted before....regarding the angels seeing Allah dat s also unlikely because der s no hadith or verse from da quran which clearly states dat...

Allah knows bestt :allahuakbar: !!
assalamo alaiqum warahmat wa baraqat Allah(c.c.)
it seems i was wrong. because its certain that nobody in this world can see Allah with their eyes and there is no certainity about our propet saw Allah with his heart in miraaj.
astafirullah
Allah knows best.
thanks for enlighting me.
la ilaha illallah.

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumasalm wr wb brother ebulfeth....baarik Allah feek brother...but yea insha Allah if v r righteous v can meet Allah(swt) in da hereafter insha Allah...!!
and i am hopin 4 dat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.