Did Jesus (pbuh) get baptized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I've always wondered - what exactly happens in a baptism? It is a foreign concept in Islam.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free

I've always wondered - what exactly happens in a baptism? It is a foreign concept in Islam.

(I used to be a Christian) When you baptize someone you put 3 handfuls of water on someones head (You say in the name of the Father, the son, and holy spirit). Some denominations dunk people in water and some put 3 drops of water on your head. I was wondering though if Jesus (pbuh) got baptized because it says he did in the Bible.

auroran

I'd say no, that's something Christians do as you said. It's something alien to Islam and all of the Prophets followed Islam, same deen, but different Shariah. Do keep in mind that the Bible is a book written by random people, full of contradictions and errors! lol

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
(I used to be a Christian) When you baptize someone you put 3 handfuls of water on someones head (You say in the name of the Father, the son, and holy spirit). Some denominations dunk people in water and some put 3 drops of water on your head. I was wondering though if Jesus (pbuh) got baptized because it says he did in the Bible.

No brother, rest assured, something like that definitely would not have happened. The Bible has been heavily edited, so we have to take everything it says with a grain of salt - because we have no idea which parts, if any, are of the original Book.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free

Thanks for confirming. I've studied the Bible for quite a while and your right, it has tons of contradictions. It's best to follow the Quran.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We must bear in mind that baptism is a Jewish concept. Therefore, it is very likely that Esa was baptized.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Thanks for confirming. I've studied the Bible for quite a while and your right, it has tons of contradictions. It's best to follow the Quran.
It is best, you're absolutely correct.
Assalaam walaikum,

We must bear in mind that baptism is a Jewish concept. Therefore, it is very likely that Esa was baptized.

Regardless Aapa, I think this topic can be rightfully classified as knowledge that holds no benefit.

On that basis, thread closed.

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع

Wa-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.