**Did Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Mention About `Salafi` Sect In This Hadith?? **

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

I was astonished to see this [a comment on a website];

the word "Salaf" was used by the PROPHET (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) himself. He said to Faatimah,

"How excellent a Salaf I am for you." (Muslim, no. 2450).

what do you think, please explain :s

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

The word "Salaf" referes to the elders who were considered to be true role models.

At the beginning of Islam there were no sects.. It all started after the death of the prophet when Fitna started by Munafiq people and disbelievers.
Now we have so many Sunna sects and shia sects.. Salafi, Ikhuani, Wahabi (these are sunna sects), also theres Alawi, Ja'fari.. ( these are Shia sects ).

The Salafi sects we have now are those who follow the good Salaf of the prophets companians and thier followers.

Personally, I don't believe in sects, because islam is about the unity of mankind, and if there should be any differences in thoughts, that doesnt mean we should have different sects.

The only major difference between people is to be a believer or disbeliever, And the only major difference between muslims is to be a true muslim or a Munafiq muslim.

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life

Personally, I don't believe in sects, because islam is about the unity of mankind, and if there should be any differences in thoughts, that doesnt mean we should have different sects.

mashallah that is so true, i don't believe in sect either, for i personally believe that if it wasn't at the time of our prophet Muhammad (SAW), why do it ? its not sunnah its in invention that miss leads the ummah of today causing so much division between us the ummah.

Having sect has been prophercises in the following hadith:

Abu Amir al-Hawdhani said, "Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan (may Allah be pleased with him) stood among us and said, 'Beware!
The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) stood among us and said': 'Beware! The People of the Book before (you) were split up into 72 sects, and this community will be split up into 73, seventy-two of them will go to Hell and one of them will go to Paradise, and it is the majority group (Jama'ah).'[Imam Abu Dawood]

May ALLAH guide all of us all on the straight path, granting us Jannah.

Salam.