Dinosaurs - Islam point of view?

lukm4n

salaams

I was briefly speaking to my non muslim colleagues today at work regarding Allah after they started the subject about how universe is so big compared to Earth

Anyway after 30 mins of discussion (they are both atheist), they had told me there is no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible, is there in the Quran?

I had consulted my alim friend who also works with me, and he advised me that there isnt any mention of them in the Quran either, since they were around so many number of yrs ago, was there any mention of them in previous holy books?

whats your views regarding this, so i can advise them correctly.. I told them I will get back to them once I have consulted my sources..

mohamedqadar

Dinosaurs in the Noble Quran:

:salam2: i got this article from www.answering christianity i hope this will help you out

Allah Almighty did mention dinosaurs in the Noble Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true. Please visit: www.answering-christianity.com/mountains.htm), and then after that He, the Almighty, created beasts and scattered them throughout the land. These first beasts that were created before mankind are what we call today "dinosaurs".