Divorce

I.Iman

Assalam aleikum

Passing this question here and hope to find some answers.
The husband to a friend of mine wants a divorce. They have only been married a few months. The reason he wants a divorce is because he is not satisfy with her job as a housewife. (to be fare: she does all she is supposed to, takes care of the kids etc and he is not working).

And I who tought it was not that simple to divorce in Islam.
What are her rights now and is there anything she can do to prevent this from happining?

Salam dear brother and sisters

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum sister. The best advice that I can give is that she should go to an Imam (or a Mufti) and explain her situation. Also, it's not proper for the husband to sit at home and not earn a living for his family (because the wife's MAIN role in the family is to help take care of the household, while the husband's MAIN role is to earn a living through halal means). Subhanallah, Allah (SWT) gave men the strength and stamina to take care of their families, and all they care about is making their wife WORK (while the husband sits at home and does nothing).

May Allah (SWT) help this sister and her family, Ameen.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

I am mystified at all these women marrying unemployed men. A bare minimum requirement of men in Islam is to be able to support his family.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

The state of the economy in the US sucks. It is that simple. People are jobless. What is it 49% of the population is on some kind of public assistance.
It ain't a pretty picture out here. Its OUCH!!

But, marriage and economy are mutually exclusive. Or to paraphrase a trite expression : What's love got to do with it?!

People love and marry in any economic state. The hadeeth about the Companion who could only recite a sura to pay his dues. Yet, the sister was strong in faith and accepted his proposal.

First we make dua. We suggested that she make salat. She must be careful and speak very little of her intimate affairs. If she can she needs to speak to his mother and her mother. They need to have a discussion, the family seeking Allah's guidance. And if need be then the family seeks strong and correct direction from one with knowledge.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalam aleikum

Passing this question here and hope to find some answers.
The husband to a friend of mine wants a divorce. They have only been married a few months. The reason he wants a divorce is because he is not satisfy with her job as a housewife. (to be fare: she does all she is supposed to, takes care of the kids etc and he is not working).

And I who tought it was not that simple to divorce in Islam.
What are her rights now and is there anything she can do to prevent this from happining?

Salam dear brother and sisters

walaykum islam
dear sister,we do not know the deatails of this vase..but if a man is not happy wiht his wife after just a few minths..then im sorry what kind of man is he,and how would such a marriage stand up to the real trials of life

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

There was once a time when "for better or for worse" really meant that. Now the marriage vows are just empty words, their meaning lost in a web of deceit.

Might as well not even have religious weddings anymore for all of the blatant disrespect that people have for their vows.

esperanza

revert of many years

There was once a time when "for better or for worse" really meant that. Now the marriage vows are just empty words, their meaning lost in a web of deceit.

Might as well not even have religious weddings anymore for all of the blatant disrespect that people have for their vows.

salam this is true especially inthe western world,but in Islam we should still believe that marriage is very important part of faitth ,even if in muslim ccountries,divorce is on the increase

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assaalaam walaikum,

I have been reading on the the Islamic approach to preventing divorce.
It is so simple. It makes so much sense.

People have complicated relationships. We gloss over, bling-bling, everything.

The Quran and the Sunnath give us examples of behaviors that lead to discord and the remedy to that.

It's an ego thing.

Islam is explicit as to the behaviors that are expected from the husband and his wife. They are fulfilling a contract that is spiritual in nature. It is the glue of society.

It is amazing. How much do you wish to serve Allah. And He has given so much room for couples to serve Him.

Who needs marriage counseling. In less than three pages the problems are described and the solution is given.

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

you say they have been married a few months & then u mention kids
whose kids?
& how many kids & what are their ages?

there are 2 sides to every story
could be that you know but are not giving us the complete story or that your friend is not being totally honest with you-shes not telling the real reason that her husband wants a divorce.

cos, to be honest-its certainly strange- the way its presented that the brother would want a divorce

its not fair to speak about this when we have only one sides views/complaints.

how can she prevent it from happening?
you want her to remain married to a man that does not want to stay with her?
wont that be worse?

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum.

Exactly, we do not have any idea of what the situation is. We are speculating.

I wrote in another post that my words were not going to be received well today.

We can not do anything except make dua. We can suggest that she ask her husband to speak to an imam. She needs to ask him what can she do to make the temporary time pass with ease. A man not working is a strike against his manhood. It is here that she has to be strong. She has to uphold him.

Her blessings come from Allah. If he says the house is not what he wants. Do it. Actions speak louder than words.

brmm

Assalm alaikom
both sides of the marriage need to be patient, this is the key of marriage.
Inshallah they will be able to solve their problems calmly.