do I fast the days or not ???

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
asalamu alaikum everyone.

I just wanted to ask, I swore 3 times and all three were broken or were not true. For example, I said wallah something is at this time and it became wrong.The second was the same as the first. The third was that I swore someone will do the dishes and she didn't. Do I fast 3 days for each swear I broke or these certain instances don't count?

I'm not taking it as a burden, it's just I heard that you only fast when they're certain types of saying 'wallah', and then breaking it or something like that.

And alhamdulilah I broke the habit of saying wallah about everything.

Thnx in advance and jzzakumallahi khair!

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Salamo alaikoum sister Summer03,

I am afraid that I can not answer your question, and I would like to know the answer myself. However, all I want to say is that it is better not to swear with Allah subhana wa tala's name, over less important issues. I do that sometimes, but I try to control it, alhamdoullillah.

I am sorry if I could not answer your question, hopefully one of our brothers or sister on tti will do so:tti_sister:

salam.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
There are three types of oaths (yameen):
  1. Laghw: Thoughtless talk,
  2. Mun`aqida: Intentional, and
  3. Ghamoos: Intended to deceive.

The swearings you did fall under the Laghw category and therefore do not require an expiation (Kaffaara). God says in the holy Quran, "God does not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but He calls you to account for the intention in your hearts; and He is oft-forgiving, most forbearing." (2:225) `Aa'isha, may God have been pleased with her narrated that that verse was revealed regarding people swearing in vain. Her hadeeth was reported by Al-Bukhaari, Muslim and others. That said, you should try to make it habit to not swear at all. Repeating an oath and not delivering puts you at risk of turning Laghw into Mun`aqida, which requires expiation.

Jazakullahi alif khair brother! May Allah bless you always.