Do I Need Wudu For Hadith?

mariemuad

salaam alaikom sisters

just a quick question. a sister told me that i needed to make wudhu before reading any hadith because hadith contain exercpts from Qur'an sometimes, but i am not sure where she got her info. also, i have the sealed nectar book (the biography of the Prophet saw) , do i need to make wudu before i read that too? thank you
sistergreenbean

edit: also, what is the ruling on applying face creams for very dry skin, as well as cream for very bad cracked feet, in regards to wudu and salaat. i know to wash my face everytime i make wudhu, so this takes off any cream i have applied to my face, and sometimes i just dont bother putting it back on because i will have to take it off again in a few hours and i feel it is a waste of (very expensive) cream. without this cream my skin gets really bad breakouts now and im not sure what to do :s also, one night when i was going to sleep my cat jumped on me and started to bite and lick my hair (shes a bit wired sometimes). when i wake up for fajr, would i have to wash my hair completely? thank you sisters sorry i just get confused sometimes i want to make sure i make perfect wudhu and salaat.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
if you are holding the hardcopy then yes, coz most of the Hadiths contains the verses of the glorious Qur'an also the saying of prophet [saw] itself is a revelation to us as it states in the Qur'an.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

“Nor does he [saw] speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed,”
(An-Najm (The Star) 53:3-4)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salaam alaikom sisters

just a quick question. a sister told me that i needed to make wudhu before reading any hadith because hadith contain exercpts from Qur'an sometimes, but i am not sure where she got her info. also, i have the sealed nectar book (the biography of the Prophet saw) , do i need to make wudu before i read that too? thank you
sistergreenbean

edit: also, what is the ruling on applying face creams for very dry skin, as well as cream for very bad cracked feet, in regards to wudu and salaat. i know to wash my face everytime i make wudhu, so this takes off any cream i have applied to my face, and sometimes i just dont bother putting it back on because i will have to take it off again in a few hours and i feel it is a waste of (very expensive) cream. without this cream my skin gets really bad breakouts now and im not sure what to do :s also, one night when i was going to sleep my cat jumped on me and started to bite and lick my hair (shes a bit wired sometimes). when i wake up for fajr, would i have to wash my hair completely? thank you sisters sorry i just get confused sometimes i want to make sure i make perfect wudhu and salaat.

salam aleikum

maybe this will help you little, inchallah:

They are called nawagis (breakers) of wudu:
(1) discharging urine or stool, or coming out of anything from the mentioned parts;
(2) discharge of gases;
(3) flowing of blood or pus out of anything part of the body;
(4) vomiting in mouthful;
(5) to sleep lying down or by resting the body against something;
(6) to faint due to some illness or by any other reason;
(7) becoming insane or going mad.
I also apply creams or lotions after wudu and i never read that they break wudu, if this is wrong maybe someone with more knowledge will corect me inchallah.....

From Muslim

Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.

may Allah give us the best intentions

:salam2: