does shaitan enter the masjid?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
So if someone lives in the masjid or stays there long times, are they protected completely?

salam alikom.

:salam2:

Not at all. Being muslim and be safe from Satan is in your mind. It hasn´t nothing to do where you are. Just same are you in Mecca, Al-Aqsa or at your home.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Even during salat shaytan tries to steal it from us. That is the reason there are so many protocols of making salat. It is the zeal of the Believer to be firm in his faith and seek protection with Allah at all times.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Does anyone else ever get random thoughts in their head while praying? Not necessarily bad thoughts, but just random unrelated thoughts while you're trying to concentrate on becoming closer to Allah. It happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Am I the only one?

iceman19

Does anyone else ever get random thoughts in their head while praying? Not necessarily bad thoughts, but just random unrelated thoughts while you're trying to concentrate on becoming closer to Allah. It happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Am I the only one?
thank you brothers/sisters. I don't understand, why would the shaytan go somewhere where the name of Allah is mentioned non stop, I thought it ran away when it heard Allah's name. Why would Allah allow an impure being (devil) to enter his home?

and bro; Justaguy, I think everyone gets that. I speak of a personal perspective and not a scholarly one - I find it helpful to imagine that heaven is infront of you, and there are angels behind you praying while you lead them, and sometimes I imagine Allah looking at me. This always makes me smile (whilst praying!)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

We have protocols for making salat. These rubrics help us to stay focused. To keep ones head in the prayer there are many things you can do. One simple suggestion is to keep your eyes focused on one spot. If you are at home praying make sure the tv is not on etc. It is more powerful to pray at the masjid. The group being stronger than the individual.

Take a moment to get yourself together before you start the prayer. Allow yourself to know that you are fulfilling the covenant with Allah. And with a contrite heart step into the prayer.

Please take the time to learn the ritual of prayer. The physical motions keep us attentive to being in the presence of Allah. And it is ok..we have to rid ourselves of much to be able to perform a salat. Just keep going.

You are asking excellent questions that benefit all of us.

PS: It is the individual who is listening to the whispers of shytan. The shytan has no power; we give him power by not being 100% submissive to Allah. Shytan acknowledges he is powerless. Shytan knows who the Lord is. Shytan is envious of the Love that Allah has for mankind. And shytan will do his best to make sure man does not praise and glorify Allah. Shytan casts doubt in the heart of man.

It is man that carries the impure being in his heart. We have a choice as to what we carry in our hearts. The Love and Fear of Allah or the love of the evil and envious one.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:wasalam:

Salaam brother in Islam. The Shaytan is always near you, trying to deceive you in every way possible. He can enter any place. It is not always physical, mostly mental (i.e, you telling yourself to keep sleeping instead of waking up for Fajr, etc.). Hope that answers your question.

And Allah knows best. :salah:

DanyalSAC

No you're not the only one, not at all! I get random thoughts during salaat, during the khutbah etc. Its just human nature.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
OK, well, I don't feel so bad then, but sometimes I feel guilty when I start thinking about my PES legend player or something like that when I am supposed to be praying or concentrating on Allah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

Welcome to the human race. I am beginning to think all humans suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder.

You know we need to give ourselves credit..we are asked to strive..and the more we practice the better we get.

Just take it slow and easy.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I know that Shaytan can't enter in each place in which Allah's name is mentioned,but it comes in each place in which there is a bad speech.in the mosque too it can enter,he passes trhought the shoes of the people who use to put them in the inside of the mosque.when we pray we use to be very close to each other,just for not to allow shaytan to enter in the rows among us.I supposed that if sometimes I heard women raising their voices in the mosque,it was due to their shoes,put inside the mosque insted of out of it.
I had an experience about the mosque and shaytan:it was "Laylatul Qadr"2009.I went to the mosque to pray the prayers of the night.at each step I made to approach to the mosque,my womb started to make me pain.I couldn't continue to pray because of my terrible pain.when I abandoned the rows during the prayer and went far from the mosque,my womb didn't make me pain.shaytan forbade me to pray and I suppose that it was due both to my weakness and to the fact that people were praying with their shoes beside them.
Allah knows best:wasalam:

ayesha.ansari

According to my knowledge, shaitan can enter the mosque, thats why we always focus on not to have free space while offering prayer..