Dog??

arabiantxn

Everybody I need help deciding if should get a dog . I have read several post on this website and also searched out other Islamic websites but I am still not able to decide if I should or shouldn’t get a dog
I think will be more responsible if I get one.(maturity )
I can take it jogging with me.(health wise)
I think will also help me with protecting my house. (I live in a very secure place and my looks alone deter any possible threat).

Attachments

• lab.jpg
    lab.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 25

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

Just make sure u dont keep it in a house...:).
I want to take a cat:girl3: actually 2 and need some advise also ,but cats can stay inside the house
dogs can't

waaleikum salam

arabiantxn

I do intent to keep him out side but the problem I am having is that even if I provide it with my garage and back yard it still could get very warm for him. Also during winter sometimes it gets pretty cold. So putting him out might not always be possible .you know I have a responsibility on him and I need to provide him that’s my dilemma which I am suffering from

salam aleikum

Just make sure u dont keep it in a house...:).
I want to take a cat:girl3: actually 2 and need some advise also ,but cats can stay inside the house
dogs can't

waaleikum salam

Ve aleikum Salam,

Yes, cats can stay in the house, but dogs shouldnt.
What advise do u need regarding cats sister Aisha ?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I do intent to keep him out side but the problem I am having is that even if I provide it with my garage and back yard it still could get very warm for him. Also during winter sometimes it gets pretty cold. So putting him out might not always be possible .you know I have a responsibility on him and I need to provide him that’s my dilemma which I am suffering from

salam aleikum
We always had dog in Russia living outside ,can imagine how cold is there .He always find warm place for himself ,or used to let him in a basement .In the summer he find a place where to swim too :D u dont have to be worried .Mine used to swim in a mud after rain ,couldnt stop him :D And in summer just used to do haircut for him :p so it wasnt hot at all.
Just take a hairy dog,so he will be worm in winter :p

waaleikum salam

abdellah007

salam

cant u make a safe place in the garden or garage for the dog?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum;

for some sort of dogs it is ok to stay also inside, specially if weather is cold. For example I have had before saluqies (Persian greyhound) and in my country in Scandinavia it would to be impossible to keep them outside during winters...

Dogs...
heart.gif

Salaamalikum,

I'm not a big fan of dogs or cats. There too much hassle, food ($$), clothing ($$), walking them, cleaning after them, cleaning yourself if they lick you - then you would have to do wudu everytime, etc.

It's funny you brought this topic up because in America and many Western countries they actually treat their dogs better then their kids and even sometimes love them more than their kids! Some even spend more time with their dogs than with their children, it's crazy.

I would personally get a fish tank and buy different kinds of fishes - I think that's alot cooler pet then dogs/cats.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I would personally get a fish tank and buy different kinds of fishes - I think that's alot cooler pet then dogs/cats.

:salam2:

And how do you could take fishes jogging with you or how they would help you with protecting your house, like what were some of the original ideas...

:lol:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Fish die and stink up the house. I gave up on fish after Georgie no. 45 or 46 died.
Cats do not listen.
Dogs are a womans best friend.

arabiantxn

Salaam,

Fish die and stink up the house. I gave up on fish after Georgie no. 45 or 46 died.
Cats do not listen.
Dogs are a womans best friend.
you had 46 fishes die on you wow sister -what did you do over feed them and bust their little bellys out. lol

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I am a cat person, just love them!! I had three when I was little, mashallah!! I have two goldfish now, but with every pet, there is responsibility no matter what pet you have. I dont like dogs too much, I got chased by one when I was little, scared me out of my mind, lol!! Cats all the way, they are the cleanest animals and not too much work!!

And how do you could take fishes jogging with you or how they would help you with protecting your house, like what were some of the original ideas...

:lol:

ASA,

What you do is buy a huge fish tank and swim with them!

At least you don't have to look at the same fish as you do with cats & dogs. I get bored easily looking at the same thing over and over, excluding a wife.

MTYKK

Banned
Dogs and Cats

Here are my views...

First, the phrase "dogs are men's best friend" is said by a lonely man and couldn't be much more misleading and false.

1 - Muslims are to treat animals and all creation with love and passion for the sake of Allah (swt).

2 - Muslims are to clearly see the difference between mankind and animals and their roles, treatment, and levels. (I've surveyed westerners and had a high percentage that would choose their pet over a man whom they don't know if they had to pick to save in an accident, that's just plain wrong)

3 - Muslims are to be clean. To be clean also means keeping clean. As much as possible without transgressing limits (i.e. overdoing it). To keep clean means don't introduce new feces, saliva that don't belong in your environment.

4 - Muslims are to respect animals and thier roles.
Ask yourself, why am I getting this animal?
Cos I need it?
Cos it entertains me?
Cos I like something being dependant upon me and that makes me feel good?
Cos it's cute?

If you sincerely answer YES to any of those questions, think again, there is a problem. Go back and re-evaluate.

This animal question I think is very personal, general consensus states cannot keep dogs in the house. I agree.
That wouldn't be a problem if people didn't keep dogs that don't belong to that environment. Such as bringing an Alaskan Huskie to Saudi Arabia. Does that makes sense?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

As Muslims, it would be extremely inconvenient to keep dogs as pets you know. You'd probably have to spend most of the day bathing or making wudhu because dogs are more used to hearing 'here boy' rather than 'stay away boy!'

wasalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member

As Muslims, it would be extremely inconvenient to keep dogs as pets you know. You'd probably have to spend most of the day bathing or making wudhu because dogs are more used to hearing 'here boy' rather than 'stay away boy!'

wasalam

LoL that's so true.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam

I love cats a lot but then Im thinking so do I need one in my house ,just not to be alone :( just for fun
if the cat or dog were homeless ,then its good i think to give someone home and care ...

but dogs no, too much work ,cats dont listen agree ,but at least they are clean and cuuuuuuute :p

wasalam

PS :brother I think after this thread u will give up on taking a dog :p

danial

Cats do listen.I have a cat e size of a dog by droops, fetches n runs on a leash. It comes running to me even of he can't c me n I'm from e second floor. Basically my cat is a dog stuck in a cats body. Actually dogs being mans best friend is not misleading at all, its v v v v true..I understand y..