Dubai plans 'moving' skyscraper

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Dubai plans 'moving' skyscraper

The world's first moving building, an 80-storey tower with revolving floors giving a shifting shape, will be built in Dubai, its architect says.
building, an 80-storey tower with revolving floors giving a shifting shape, will be built in Dubai, its architect says.

The Dynamic Tower design is made up of 80 pre-fabricated apartments which will spin independently of one another.

"It's the first building that rotates, moves, and changes shape," said architect David Fisher, who is Italian, at a news conference in New York.

"This building never looks the same, not once in a lifetime," he added.

The 420-metre (1,378-foot) building's apartments would spin a full 360 degrees, at voice command, around a central column by means of 79 giant power-generating wind turbines located between each floor.

would produce enough electricity to power the entire building and even feed extra power back into the grid, said the Italian architect at the unveiling of the project in New York.

The apartments, which will take between one and three hours to make a complete rotation, will cost from $3.7m to $36m.

There are also plans to build a similar, 70-storey skyscraper in Moscow.

"I call these buildings designed by time, shaped by life," said the Florence-based architect, who has never built a sky-scraper before.

"These buildings will open our vision all around, to a new life."

The skyscraper will cost an estimated $700m to build and should be up and running in Dubai in 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7472722.stm

island muslim

I agree 100%..... so many mouths to feed.....

I agree as well. SO wasteful and extragavant all these gulf arab sheikhs ; They will spend ALL the money on themselves and propping up the American Economy and throw a few hundred million dollars in pocket change to the poor or dieing muslims and announce loudly of this event from the minarets.

Dont forget the hadeeth of Rasool Mohammed peace be upon him.

Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, there is that he said, "While we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless with him and grant him peace, one day a man came up to us whose clothes were extremely white, whose hair was extremely black, upon whom traces of travelling could not be seen, and whom none of us knew, until he sat down close to the Prophet, may Allah bless with him and grant him peace, so that he rested his knees upon his knees and placed his two hands upon his thighs and said, 'Muhammad, tell me about Islam.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless with him and grant him peace, said, 'Islam is that you witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and you establish the prayer, and you give the Zakat, and you fast Ramadan, and you perform the hajj of the House if you are able to take a way to it.' He said, 'You have told the truth,' and we were amazed at him asking him and [then] telling him that he told the truth. He said, 'Tell me about iman.' He said, 'That you affirm Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day, and that you affirm the Decree, the good of it and the bad of it.' He said, 'You have told the truth.' He said, 'Tell me about ihsan.' He said, 'That you worship Allah as if you see Him, for if you don't see Him then truly He sees you.' He said, 'Tell me about the Hour.' He said, 'The one asked about it knows no more than the one asking.' He said, 'Then tell me about its tokens.' He said, 'That the female slave should give birth to her mistress, and you see poor, naked, barefoot shepherds of sheep and goats competing in making tall buildings.' He went away, and I remained some time. Then he asked, 'Umar, do you know who the questioner was?' I said, 'Allah and His Messenger know best.' He said, 'He was Jibril who came to you to teach you your deen'." Muslim (8) narrated it.

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

another relevant hadeeth:

The messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "I am not afraid that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it and it will destroy you as it did them." [Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 351]

Surely allah(swt) does not like extravagance and this building jsut satisfying the egos of the rulers. They should spend more in the way of Allah(swt).

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Salaam Alaiykum,

another relevant hadeeth:

The messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "I am not afraid that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it and it will destroy you as it did them." [Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 351]

Surely allah(swt) does not like extravagance and this building jsut satisfying the egos of the rulers. They should spend more in the way of Allah(swt).

True indeed!! The fact is they are wasting and wasting big time! to the point of obscene, morally at least!

The wealth could have been spend for the sake of Allah and Allah has promise to increase their wealth even more if they do so.

wallahualam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
:salam2:
Another sign of the day of judgement.
-Construction of Tall Buildings (skyscrapers)
:jazaak:

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Indeed, Ahkirah is close..

Jazak Allah for sharing Brother Abubaseer. May Allah reward you for your efforts Insha Allah. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

MissSemolina

ASTAGFIRULLAH! How utterly useless! What a complete waste of space! I truly hope this project gets scrapped. I really worry for Dubai, and the rest of UAE is getting totally carried away too with their crazy constructions. May Allah give them guidance, they are losing the plot, BIG TIME!:girl3:

Miss Semolina