Eating non halal

louise_soso

Salam alaykom
I have a question about the ruleings on eating non halal.
Is it okie to eat non halal if you life in a area where there are no halal meat stores and you are living under your fathers house and rules ?
And if someone eats non-halal what are the punishments (if any) of this life or in the grave or the hereafter.
And is it true that if soembody eats none halal thier prayer will not be accepted for 40 days.

Id like people to answer with not only thier opionion but proof from quran .
thanks.

ShyHijabi

I am in a foreign country where I am staying for a year and a half for the purpose of study. There is no halaal meat here. Can I eat or not? Please note that dhabh (halaal slaughter) is banned here.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

If the study you need is available in a Muslim country, then it is not permissible for you to travel to a kaafir country for that purpose. It is haraam for you to stay among the kuffaar unless it is essential for medical treatment, business, da’wah or study that is not available in a Muslim country and that you cannot do without. It is also essential to ensure that the circumstances of your study are Islamically acceptable, i.e., no mixing. Perhaps this is rare or non-existent in the country, which leads to loss of shyness in women and heedlessness with regard to loss of morals and the spread of lethal diseases.

See also the answer to question no. 13342 and 27211.

Secondly:

If you do go there, it is not permissible for you to eat meat that is not slaughtered in accordance with Islamic sharee’ah. The fact that there is no halaal meat is not an excuse for you, because you can eat fish and seafood, or you can eat things other than meat, such as canned goods and vegetables, or you can look seriously for an Islamic centre that provides halaal meat to the Muslims.

See also the answer to question no. 10339.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/82444/non%20halaal%20meat

louise_soso

Jazak allah khier sister

But im not in a forigen country due to study ,and i have no muslim family ,my dad will not buy halal meat.i was born in this country and its not that easy to leave it due to the fact i have no mahram and no income.

i have been a vegeterian for a while and can not go without meat in my diet becasue of my low weight .

but your right thier should be no exscuse i should do all i can to get halal meat :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

There are a lot of people who are vegetarian, and rest assured, they get along very well without meat - they use beans, lentils, and cheese and milk products to get the protein they need. I'm sure you will be able to find alternatives - I know it must be difficult, but make dua to Allah SWT and He will make it easier for you. Hang in there.

Abdul25

Logical Believer

SubhanAllah sister you are in a very difficult situation. living without meat isn't a big deal you can do. it has been over a month since i ate meat here (because i dont find enough strength to cook it :p). one of my friends who came with me from Pakistan hasn't eaten meat since 2 years because he believes that here all meat is haram (well his opinion) . the point of telling is that one can live without meat easily. there is fish you can eat :D. inshAllah , May Allah SWT make it easy on you >ameen

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I heard as long as the animal wasn't a sacrifice to some god (other than Allah, of course,) then its okay to eat its meat. It won't be considered halal, but I don't see how it can be haram...?

We have been told to eat meat which has been blessed with the name of Allah. That is halal, and all the rest would be haram.

ShyHijabi

Jazak allah khier sister

But im not in a forigen country due to study ,and i have no muslim family ,my dad will not buy halal meat.i was born in this country and its not that easy to leave it due to the fact i have no mahram and no income.

i have been a vegeterian for a while and can not go without meat in my diet becasue of my low weight .

but your right thier should be no exscuse i should do all i can to get halal meat :)

If you click on the link it will take you to other fatwas that fit more into what you are asking. I sympathize with your situation as I lived on an island for two years and very little access to halaal meat. (occassionally I was able to get some chicken and some times the fellow students would sacrifice a local goat during eid) So my diet was vegetarian about 99% of the time, you find very creative things to do with beans and other alternative forms of protein. :)

I am also very petite and usually on the low end of the weight scale so I had to make sure to have a well rounded, nutritious meal even without meat. Incidentally I was surprised to find vegetarians who were on the overweight end of things, I always wondered how they managed that.

As far as what is halaal vs zabiyah halaal we need to remember certain things. Halaal means permissible, so things like beef, chicken, mutton, seafood, etc., However the mammals must be slaughtered in the proper manner, zabiyah. (forgive me if I am spelling that wrong) Here are some references about zabiyah:

So eat of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has been pronounced (while slaughtering the animal), if you are believers in His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).

119. And why should you not eat of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has been pronounced (at the time of slaughtering the animal), while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity? And surely, many do lead (mankind) astray by their own desires through lack of knowledge. Certainly your Lord knows best the transgressors”

[al-An‘aam 6:118-119]

Taken from this fatwa:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/136340/halaal%20meat%20slaughter