EVIL EYE?

Greek_Rose_2005

Can someone tell me as I am not sure about this one of my friend from Egypt who is muslim ( though pretty much non practicing from what I understand from her ) she bought me something she said it protects against evil eye...I always thought this is pagan as its like an amulet and idol and its like asking for protection from it and not Allah swt...but I am not sure if this is correct as I have not ever had anything can someone tell me what the ruling is on this one she it has the eye and quran written in it and the other looks something like this
86_1_b.JPG

Can someone tell me is it haram? what does it represent? Im really not sure to accept the gift or not as I seen several muslims with this in their home but I want to know its origins first
evil.eyes.JPG

OsMaN_93

Here to help
its biddah (astgfrAllah)
-----

ruling to ward off the evil eye and for protection from danger is a bid’ah. The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) never carried the Mus-haf to ward off danger or the evil eye. If it is bid’ah, then we should remember that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every bid’ah is a going-astray and every going-astray will lead to Hell.” (Telephone conversation with Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen) (al-Bida’ wa’l-Muhdathaat wa maa laa aslun lahu, p. 259).
even carrying words of the quran to protect them is bad too..

Steve940

:salam2:

JazakAllah khair for asking about this important matter.

I am posting a section of a book written by Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid, you can find the full book here (I recommend taking a look at it)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22812

Yet another form of shirk is believing that certain things can bring benefit when the Creator has not made them so

For example. some people believe in amulets and spells, or wearing certain types of pearls or seashells or metal earrings and so on, on the advice of fortune-tellers or magicians or in accordance with inherited customs. So they hang them around their own or their children’s necks to ward off the evil eye - or so they claim; or they tie them onto their bodies or hang them in their cars and homes, or wear rings with special stones, thinking that these things can relieve or ward off distress. This without a doubt is contrary to the idea of relying on Allaah, and will only result in making a person even more weak, like seeking medicine in a haraam way. These amulets obviously contain much shirk, such as seeking the help of some jinns and devils, or vague drawings and illegible writing. Some of these liars even write aayaat from the Qur’aan, or mix them with words of shirk, or write them with impure substances such as menstrual blood. Hanging up these amulets or tying them to one’s body is haraam because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever hangs up an amulet is guilty of shirk.” (Reported by Ahmad, 4/156; see also Silsilat al-Saheehah, no. 492).

If the one who does this believes that these things can cause benefit or harm instead of Allaah, he is a mushrik who is guilty of al-shirk al-akbar. If he believes that they are a means of causing benefit or harm, then he is a mushrik who is guilty of al-shirk al-asghar, which includes shirk that consists of attributing causes to things other than Allaah.

Greek_Rose_2005

thank you brother that is such a tremendous help! That is what I was argueing with my friend ( I am a revert very recently, my friend she has been born into a muslim family. I was arguing this point to her that we dont need to put something in ourhouse to protect us as we must put full faith in Allah S.W.T. and she is like telling me that these proect against evil eye...and I was telling her this I felt was almost same as idol worship as its putting faith in something other then Allah-a man made item for protection and its haram thank you and alhamduallah that I thought to ask as i was not sure I mean at first when i saw the items i though it was just decorations then i started hearing evil eye and quran in same and thinging whoa this is not right...I am going to read the book too..its sad how even muslims are confusing other "newer" muslims as i was very misguided...im starting to think this girl is not a good muslim friend to have as she was arguing about holidays like mothers day birthdays ect and i told her that we already have two holidays that Allah has ordained which are the 2 eids...I think she is very misguided...but how do i tell her not to get me those things and that i think she already bought them how do i tell her no without angering her?

sajjuaiah

its biddah (astgfrAllah)
-----

ruling to ward off the evil eye and for protection from danger is a bid’ah. The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) never carried the Mus-haf to ward off danger or the evil eye. If it is bid’ah, then we should remember that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every bid’ah is a going-astray and every going-astray will lead to Hell.” (Telephone conversation with Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen) (al-Bida’ wa’l-Muhdathaat wa maa laa aslun lahu, p. 259).
even carrying words of the quran to protect them is bad too..

It is not just a "Bidah" it is a "major shirk". :astag:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
thank you brother that is such a tremendous help! That is what I was argueing with my friend ( I am a revert very recently, my friend she has been born into a muslim family. I was arguing this point to her that we dont need to put something in ourhouse to protect us as we must put full faith in Allah S.W.T. and she is like telling me that these proect against evil eye...and I was telling her this I felt was almost same as idol worship as its putting faith in something other then Allah-a man made item for protection and its haram thank you and alhamduallah that I thought to ask as i was not sure I mean at first when i saw the items i though it was just decorations then i started hearing evil eye and quran in same and thinging whoa this is not right...I am going to read the book too..its sad how even muslims are confusing other "newer" muslims as i was very misguided...im starting to think this girl is not a good muslim friend to have as she was arguing about holidays like mothers day birthdays ect and i told her that we already have two holidays that Allah has ordained which are the 2 eids...I think she is very misguided...but how do i tell her not to get me those things and that i think she already bought them how do i tell her no without angering her?

tell her,you do not believe in such things nicely..

Greek_Rose_2005

Thank you I have done so and I found some good hadiths and surahs for her to prove it as well as some videos posted about evil eye and shirk i hope she will read it understand it and get rid of the ones in her some as well, thank you everyone...

nizar83

brother this is a form of shirk..please get rid of it.
the only 1 that is able to save you from any harm or evil is ALLAH subhana wata3ala!

to give you an idea of how useless that object is u received..throw it in the fire...and see if it can save itself out of the fire . it cant..so, how can it save you or any human being against any evil?

Salem9022

Thanks for posting this Greek_Rose...... I know about these things, this is very Popular in North Africa especially in Tunisia, Morroco, Egypt and Algeria and also in Middle East In PLaces like Lebanon and Oman. And this is a shirk big time, not only a Bidah, they have something called the Hand of Fatima which you just posted a picture of and they put it on the Baby and it suppose to Cure the Baby so all the Devils won't touch the Baby this is very Popular practise believe it or not, they even have shows in many arabic stations selling this kind of crap. They also play with magic when using these objects and it some how suppose to protect you, we as Muslims do not believe this because this is pure shirk and can lead one out of the fold of Islam if it is done without Ignorance and if your calling people to it. If You meet anyone who practices this you should warn them and after you warn them stay away from them because these people are highly influenced by Sufism, Shiaism, and the former religions of the Zorastrian.

Greek_Rose_2005

Thank you Salem9022 so much I have told the sister about it and if she agrees after and opens her eyes I will remain friends with her otherwise if she says something about it trying to defend it then i will not speak with her anymore

To Nizar I dont have these items in my possesion I was trying to find info about it as a sister friend of mine she told me as she is moving to states she is getting me a buch of things quran decorations ect so once i found this is shirk i told her dont get or bring to me...I think she is misguided from her family and friends so much inshallah she will listen to the advice..

thank you once again brothers and sisters