Facebook: Use it or abandon it?

al-muslimah

If one is mature enough and carefull enough, I dont see the different between Facebook and this forum, honestly!

I mean, this is more mixed than Facebook in some way, because first of all, its open and anyone can read everything, and second of all, it is mixed, Facebook is just as mixed as you let it be!
Exactly! That's true..

Ibn Uthaymin

If one is mature enough and carefull enough, I dont see the different between Facebook and this forum, honestly!

I mean, this is more mixed than Facebook in some way, because first of all, its open and anyone can read everything, and second of all, it is mixed, Facebook is just as mixed as you let it be!

Spot on my friend!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
you don't have moderators on facebook:)so don't compare TTI with facebook......i found that place as usless as could be.....just me i guess:)

UmmOf3

:salam2:
you don't have moderators on facebook:)so don't compare TTI with facebook......i found that place as usless as could be.....just me i guess:)
But on Facebook you yourself control who see what about you, here, everyone see what you write. If I did not like you, you can not see my profile on FB, but here you can. I can block you, but that means you can still see what I write, as far as I know...

katieanneb

Assalemu alaikom,

The advances in technology, and in particular information and communications technology, these days is, as one of you said, a double-edged sword. If not for the internet, we wouldn't be here on TTI, which is a valuable source of information on Islam, and a haven for people like me who are rather isolated from sincere folks committed to telling the truth about Islam. Yet, there are thousands and millions if websites, which are dangerous.

As for Facebook, I do have an account. It's a way of expressing opinions and sharing ideas. My "friends" are either family or colleagues at work, and I am a member of groups which are either associated with my profession (English Language Teaching) or Islamic groups. It's possible to make yourself "invisible" to people who are not on your friend list, and when you receive a friend request, don't accept unless you're sure of who they are. This is how I keep my account "clean". Although I do agree it's important not to let leisure activities get in the way of acts of worship.

Anything in life can be good or bad for us.....imagine even drinking too much water can kill.....and who would think water could be bad for you?????

Everything in moderation, and within the limits of Halal, is what I say. Wallahu aalem.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
If we have to be more careful to use a useless thing...whybr we using it....?
Im not saying its is forbidden or something......but remember....how many r of us...with strong enough Eeman?.....May be you or me or anyone else can control ourselves.....but what about the millions of upgrowing childrens/boys and girls/teenagers...who have just entered their puberty...they will just let themselves go through the things going....
we hav to save them......if we dont fobid it...or make them aware, they wont gonna think a single time......
as i did, one n half year ago i quit facebook.....till then to today..im trying to make understand my lill brothers to quit it......but they r not listening to me....
im not pressurizing them..just put some logic/but they agree but dont quitting it..?
what could be the reason?.....isnt it the "barzakh " of Satan?
may be u n me not wasting our time in facebook......but millions of our muslim bros and sistrs are using it for hours and hours...
isnt it our duty to warn them? but how will you warn them as long as u r using it?

i don know but....i think its useless as well as....the door to satanic activity..
Anyways.....thnx for such...discussion...

may allah forgive us all,may allah guide us to the right path..

Jazakallahu Khairan wa barakallahu feekum
wa masalama

4mMadara2Amina

From my point of view (before reading this all comments up here) its not bad. Why? If you do not use it to meet opposite gender than it is okay. As I have seen similar tread here in TTI and saw few videos- than it can't be haram as far you are not using it in such way.

And there is an options to hide all your photos or even block an aplication that someone can see u in search result or add as a friend. If we talk so fully about internet- never can be safe and truely sure about all. But so far as we do with heart and mind corectly nothing can go wrong.

May Allah forgive me if I say wrong.

Allah knows best.

:tti_sister:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
But on Facebook you yourself control who see what about you, here, everyone see what you write. If I did not like you, you can not see my profile on FB, but here you can. I can block you, but that means you can still see what I write, as far as I know...

yes sis i see what you mean.......but like sis believer_path says prevention is always better then cure:).........best stay away from a place so full of shaitan schemes:)

about your profile thing you can control all that here too:)....and not block with a complain you can bann the person:lol:

sis if many ppl se your threads(if you are refering to thread not VM) here then one is more careful what he writes:)and it's better for our fate in akhira and our faith here.........

why i prefer TTI is that this place got an nice islamic atmosphere and muslims like me who are so prone to sins can always do with reminders:)

so for me TTI vs FB!!!!!there is no comparison:lol:....its more like my family:hearts:
....................well again guess it's just me:)