Fardh Fasting Vs. Shawwal Fasting

Aroosak

:salam2:

Eid Mubarak everyone! Taqaballahu minna wa minkum. I pray you've reached the end of Ramadhan with increased taqwa and blessings from Allah t'ala.

So I feel I ask this question every end of Ramadhan and for some reason forget the answer. As I prepare myself to start fasting the days in Shawwal does one need to FIRST make up fastings missed by either being sick or in case of sisters by their monthly cycle or can we do the days of Shawwal first too. From what I remember we first have to makeup our fasts because they are fardh and fasting in Shawwal is Sunnah. Also since the hadith says "He who fasts Ramadan, and six of Shawwal, it will be (in terms of rewards) as if the fasted a whole year." [Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ahmad, Ibn Majah] So fasting in Ramadhan wouldn't be completed unless we make up the days we missed.

Please can someone clarify this to me and this way inshaa'Allah this could also erase any doubts anyone else could have

JazakhAllah kheir....

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

If she wants to earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime” (reported by Muslim, no. 1984), then she should complete her Ramadaan fasts first, then follow it with six days of Shawwaal, so that the hadeeth with be applicable to her too, and she will gain the reward mentioned in it.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4082

Aroosak

:wasalam:

If she wants to earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime” (reported by Muslim, no. 1984), then she should complete her Ramadaan fasts first, then follow it with six days of Shawwaal, so that the hadeeth with be applicable to her too, and she will gain the reward mentioned in it.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4082

JazakhAllah khair

This is what I was looking for

Eid mubarak!