Fardh part of prayers?

lolokopp

:salam2:

what is obligatory to recite in every prayer?
when I pray i recite the following:

- subhanakallahumma
- auzubillah
- al fatiha + ameen
- a sura from the holy quran

then ruku and sujood. and in tashahud I recite:

- atta hiyat
- allahumma salli ala
- allahumma barik
- rabbi jalni muqimas salaati wa min dhuriyatti...

I hope you get the point. Unfortunately I don't know the arabic names of the parts.

Is everything included or is something missing in my prayers?

Jazakallahu Khair

DanyalSAC

:salam2:

what is obligatory to recite in every prayer?
when I pray i recite the following:

- subhanakallahumma <----
- auzubillah
- al fatiha + ameen
- a sura from the holy quran

then ruku and sujood. and in tashahud I recite:

- atta hiyat
- allahumma salli ala
- allahumma barik
- rabbi jalni muqimas salaati wa min dhuriyatti...

I hope you get the point. Unfortunately I don't know the arabic names of the parts.

Is everything included or is something missing in my prayers?

Jazakallahu Khair

Wow I never knew about this dua. I've been a practicing Muslim for just short of 2 years and didn't include that. Nobody taught me my salaat, I had to learn it off the internet...like many American masajid mine didn't have any facilities to teach new Muslims at that time, though we do now.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wow I never knew about this dua. I've been a practicing Muslim for just short of 2 years and didn't include that. Nobody taught me my salaat, I had to learn it off the internet...like many American masajid mine didn't have any facilities to teach new Muslims at that time, though we do now.

Assalaamu `alaykkum, there are about 3 du`aas that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: recited after the first takbeer, the most common one that is recited is...

Allaahumma baa`id baynee wa bayna khataayaaya kama baa`adta bayna al-mashriqi wa’l-maghrib. Allaahumma naqqini min khataayaaya kama yunaqqa al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas. Allaahumma ighsilni min khataayaaya bi’l-thalji wa’l-maa’i wa’l-barad (O Allaah, put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West. O Allaah, cleanse me of sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth. O Allaah, wash away my sins with snow and water and hail).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 711; Muslim, 598

The other common one is SubhanakAllaahumma wa tabaarakasmuka wa ta`aala jadduka wala ilaaha ghayruk [I cannot remember where this is recorded, but it was definitely in one of the Saheehayn (Bukhaari or Muslim), and I will check it up and let you know in shaa'Allaah]

The third one was recited by the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: in the night prayers...

“Wajjahtu wajhiya lilladhi fatara al-samawaati wa’l-ard haneefan musliman wa maa ana min al-mushrikeen. Inna salaati wa nusuki wa mahyaaya wa mamaati Lillaahi Rabb il-‘Aalameen, laa shareeka lahu wa bidhaalika umirtu wa ana awwal ul-muslimeen, Allaahumma anta al-malik laa ilaaha illa anta, anta rabbi wa ana ‘abduka. Zalamtu nafsi wa’tarafty bi dhanbi, faghfir li dhunoobi jamee’an, innahu laa yaghfir ul-dhunooba illa anta. Wahdini li ahsan al-akhlaaq la yahdi li ahsaniha illa anta. Wasrif ‘anni sayyi’aha laa yasrifu ‘anni sayyi’aha illa anta. Labbayka wa sa’dayka wa’l-khayra kulluhu fi yadayka wa’l-sharru laysa ilayka, ana bika wa ilayka, tabaarakta wa ta’aalayta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayk… (I have set my face towards the Originator of the heavens and the earth sincerely [in Islam], and I am not among the Mushrikeen. Indeed, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, no partner has He. With this I have been commanded and I am the first of the Muslims (those who submit to Him). O Allaah, you are the King and there is no god but You. You are my Lord and I am Your slave. I have wronged myself, and have acknowledged my sins, so forgive all my sins, for no one forgives sins except You. Guide me to the best of attitudes, to which no one can guide except You, and save me from the worst of attitudes, from which no-one can save except You. I am here and happy to serve you. All good is in Your Hands, and evil is not from You. There is no escape or shelter from You except with You. Blessed are You and exalted. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You).” Muslim (771)

One can recite any of the above, but as the scholars mention, it is Sunnah to alternate between the Du`aas just like how the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: did (i.e recite one du`aa for one prayer, the other for the others and so on)

As for brother lolokopp, then what you recite is correct and is sufficient, but try and make sure you recite Subhaana rabbiyal a`laa atleast once in sujood, Subhaana rabbiyal `adheem once in rukoo`, say Rabbanaa lakal hamd after standing up from rukoo`, and rabbigh firlee atleast once when sitting between the two prostrations... I won't say it is obligatory, but all I will say is that there is no report on the Prophet :saw2: that he left any of this out.

Wa salaamu `alaykkum