Faroukh Bulsara

Renee

It's been a lot about dead rockstar Michael Jackson on various islam sites lately because he seemed to have reverted a few months before he passed away. Freddy Mercury on the other hand died already 1991 and I have known for a long time his real name was Faroukh Bulsara which sounds arabic and that he was born on Zanzibar and not UK. However, I haven't thought about the possibility of him being muslim by birth (although probably not practicing considering his lifestyle) as I have become more interested in islam myself. All I know is that the word bismillah is included in the famous song Bohemian Rhapsody and that they made another song titled Mustapha. So now I'm just curious if anyone else knows if he was born a muslim or not?

http://www.netmemorials.co.uk/freddie_mercury.htm

ShyHijabi

According to all I've been able to research he was not Muslim but born into the religion of Zorastrianism. (sp?) His funeral was overseen by a Zorastrian preist and the ceremony followed their practices. So I think it's safe to say he was not Muslim.

Renee

According to all I've been able to research he was not Muslim but born into the religion of Zorastrianism. (sp?) His funeral was overseen by a Zorastrian preist and the ceremony followed their practices. So I think it's safe to say he was not Muslim.

Thank you for your response, sister. I didn't know that. I just wondered because of his arabic name and Zanzibar who I think is mostly muslim populated although I'm not entirely sure of that.