''Fasting'' so that your parents can understand you really need it ?

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

I understand that we shouldnt do our actions without any intention other than pleasing Allah. So fasting, praying... all should be for sake of Allah

My parents do not understand that i need to get married and even if i tried to tell them many times (maybe i am not a good speaker, but anyway) they still dont understand or maybe its because of environment they have been raised, they think its weird what i want in this age (20 years old student)

So i thought if i fast continuesly, they may think ''this is not going to be good for his health, it can affect his school, he can not understand classes while fasting...'' and so on. And MAYBE inshallah, in the end they can start changing their ideas about letting me get married.

BUT one thing that hit my mind is, even though my intention is to get something halal in the end, do you think its bad to use ''fasting'' as a mean for it ? Do you understand what i mean ?

I dont know what else to do, to make my parents understand my situation. One fatwa says that i can find respected people around to let them talk my parents, but we dont have such people around me who would do this.

Therefore, do you think my plan sounds good inshallah ? Or should i just sit and wait without doing such thing ?

strive-may-i

Assalam alakum

I understand that we shouldnt do our actions without any intention other than pleasing Allah. So fasting, praying... all should be for sake of Allah

My parents do not understand that i need to get married and even if i tried to tell them many times (maybe i am not a good speaker, but anyway) they still dont understand or maybe its because of environment they have been raised, they think its weird what i want in this age (20 years old student)

So i thought if i fast continuesly, they may think ''this is not going to be good for his health, it can affect his school, he can not understand classes while fasting...'' and so on. And MAYBE inshallah, in the end they can start changing their ideas about letting me get married.

BUT one thing that hit my mind is, even though my intention is to get something halal in the end, do you think its bad to use ''fasting'' as a mean for it ? Do you understand what i mean ?

I dont know what else to do, to make my parents understand my situation. One fatwa says that i can find respected people around to let them talk my parents, but we dont have such people around me who would do this.

Therefore, do you think my plan sounds good inshallah ? Or should i just sit and wait without doing such thing ?
Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!

No responses so far.

So, most here think your parents are not completely wrong. 20 year student, should get the student act right. Once married, your education would take a back seat. Why don't you go out and play in the field for 1-2 hours? Got more spare/idle time? List your interests, goal in life (other than marriage of course)

Hopetogoparadis

Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!

No responses so far.

So, most here think your parents are not completely wrong. 20 year student, should get the student act right. Once married, your education would take a back seat. Why don't you go out and play in the field for 1-2 hours? Got more spare/idle time? List your interests, goal in life (other than marriage of course)

waalakumsalam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Though I don't have knowledge about it, I can just say that since this is definitely not fasting, and since we're told to take care of our bodies as a trust from Allah, maybe what you're doing isn't the right approach.

You need to look up what the Islamic approach to hunger strike is, but I'm sure it would be discouraged. How can Islam promote people demanding others to "give me what I want or I will kill myself with hunger"?

Hopetogoparadis

Though I don't have knowledge about it, I can just say that since this is definitely not fasting, and since we're told to take care of our bodies as a trust from Allah, maybe what you're doing isn't the right approach.

You need to look up what the Islamic approach to hunger strike is, but I'm sure it would be discouraged. How can Islam promote people demanding others to "give me what I want or I will kill myself with hunger"?

Walakumsalam

Hmm even though i am not eager to kill my self or give any harm to my body ,but rather just to let my parents do something which might be good for me inshallah (Allah knows best) maybe you right, i dont know, thanks for answers anyway