Feeling deppressed

zinirah

Assalamu 'Alaikum,
Just i am posting a thread...even i don't know why i am because it's no use, but lately i am feeling very depressed. I don't want to do anything, and I don't want to go anywhere. Even family and friends ask me what i want to do or if i want to go to college and i say nothing. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I just don't feel anything. I don't know what's wrong with me. I also just want to sleep a lot. If i could i would sleep my life away.Just ive been going through enough in my life, and i don't want to deal with anymore...ok anyone else with the same problem?
pray for me
thanks

palestine

Servant of Allah
walaikum wasalam. firs of all dear muslim, you've not wasted your time posting this. to get your feelings out is a good thing sometimes. you are depressed and Allah swt has given you the medicine for it. i don't know what sort of things you do in your life, but there are a couple of things that really do cause depression. and i'm not just making an assumption here. below are just a few things.
1 - a person eats food to gain energy, in the same way, we must remember Allah often and make dhikr(remembrance of Allah) at all times to feed our souls. that's the only way we can keep our soul in a state of livelihood. so think back and reflect .... have you read the Quran? not just one or two days, but do you read the quran often, or on a daily basis? if not, you should start, because it will help your mind be stable and tranquil for as long as Allah wills. read the ahadeeths and the ayats of the Quran to remind yourself your purpose in life.
2- i would strongly suggest you attend the masjid as much as possible. if you are a guy, attend the masjid on a daily basis, if that's not possibly, attend every friday. if you are a sister, surround yourself with good muslim sisters, go different islamic events, listen to lectures, nasheeds, Quran, ahadeeth, etc. This would immensley help boost your iman.

3- buy islamic books and read them on your own term.

4- make goals for yourself of what to do whenever you wake up in the morning. plan ahead for your day inshAllah. fill it with Islam.

5-read duas before going to bed and after waking up. there are millions of duas for everything we do in our lives. i would recommend this dua strongly!

اللَّهُمَّ أَحْيِنِي مَا كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ خَيْرٌ لِي وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا كَانَتِ الْوَفَاةُ خَيْرَاً لِي

"O Allah keep me alive as long as is good for me and when death is better for me lift me".

(Mishkat)

zinirah

thanks very much for this advice, unfortanetly i live in the middle of no where. there is no masjid, and Muslims around. My parents will not take me to such places because they are non muslms. there is no where to go, and my parents dont let me go anywhere. They don't let me do anything. I have to hide my Islam books to read them or my parents with take them.

zinirah

اللَّهُمَّ أَحْيِنِي مَا كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ خَيْرٌ لِي وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا كَانَتِ الْوَفَاةُ خَيْرَاً لِي

"O Allah keep me alive as long as is good for me and when death is better for me lift me".

(Mishkat)

I will make this dua insha'Allah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalamu 'Alaikum,
Just i am posting a thread...even i don't know why i am because it's no use, but lately i am feeling very depressed. I don't want to do anything, and I don't want to go anywhere. Even family and friends ask me what i want to do or if i want to go to college and i say nothing. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I just don't feel anything. I don't know what's wrong with me. I also just want to sleep a lot. If i could i would sleep my life away.Just ive been going through enough in my life, and i don't want to deal with anymore...ok anyone else with the same problem?
pray for me
thanks

:salam2: Ukhti,

May Allah (swt) heal all ur pain -ameen

sister just going to give u a simple advice pray tahajjud, it really helps me when i pray and its has this reall beautiful spiritual feeling to it .

Just do wudu and have a look outside its calm, peace and quiet, u can feel closer to ALlah (swt)

AHADITH ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SALATUT TAHAJJUD
1. Three things bring happiness to the heart of a believer:
a) Meeting brethren in faith
b) Breaking the fast
c) Waking up in the later part of the night for Salatut
Tahajjud - Prophet (SAW)

hope it helps ukhti :)

palestine

Servant of Allah
i would also suggest that you do not ignore any advice from the brothers and sisters here as they are trying to help you out inshAllah. read their advices and take what is useful of their advice. i'm also going to post the following videos inshAllah. they help me boost my iman in times of hardship and i think they would be of help to you as well.

[yt]QWXepQYEQN0&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div[/yt]

palestine

Servant of Allah
Quran recitation with english subtitles.

[yt]99wZN9F05ig&feature=PlayList&p=11DD64C22C777D7B&index=6[/yt]

zinirah

Listening to recitation actually makes me calm. Thanks for this. May Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala bestow His blessing upon you. insha'Allah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: beloved sister Zanira!!!

first of all *TIGHTEST HUG for you*:hearts:

I must say I know exactly how you're feeling sister for I have had those moments before and it was UnUSUAL to be honest. I didnt know what to do plus I didnt want eat or drink or do anything! subhanaAllah! and I know exactly how you feel RIGHT now and I am sure it's *uncomfortable* for you!
but Alhamdulillah prayer helps! alot. Brother SHAHEER said it perfectly...pray tahajud, the night prayers and know with certainty that all around you might be asleep but Allah is there listening to your every dua, to your every word, and HE [SWT] sees your tears, the pain you're going through and the challenges you face everyday. Prayer comforts the soul so very good, subhanaAllah! when you make sajuud and ask Allah for anything.....the moment you're done you'll feel a feeling that I cannot describe here because I dont know how to but I'll tell you that.....that feeling is the most amaaaaaaaaaziest feeling ever and you wont be depressed anymore!!!
always and always ingage in the dhikr {remembrance) of Allah ta'ala........remember Him [SWT] in every situation and say loads of tahmeed (Alhamdulilah) and glorify Him [swt] with subhanaAllah! the more you remember Allah the more more your heart feels at peace for Allah says: "Verly in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find peace"subhanaAllah.
Also, remind yourself of death and listen to many lectures at this point in time, try to be closer to Allah as much! and you shall inshaAllah find happiness and peace again.
About your parents
I know it must be hard to live in such invironment dear sister, but every challenge you face in this deen has it's own reward and remember to always be patient. Because truely Allah ONLY tests those whom He [SWT] loves:D
:tti_sister: I ask Allah to make everything easy for you, I ask Him [SWT] to safe guard you, to forgive you of your sins and to protect you from all evil and harm, I ask Allah to take this feeling away from you and I ask Allah to make you of those who are the inhibitants of jannah. I ask Allah to love you and give you that which your heart loves and yearns for.ameen,ameen,ameen
PS: If ever you want to talk to ANYBODY I am here for you.....and I am only a pm away. *LOVE YOU SOO MUCH FOR ALLAH'S SAKE DEAR SISTER*:hearts::hearts::hearts:

rightpath_357

AW SIS! lots of luv!
Read Qur'an sis- do du''aa.
do u feel that everything fun will soon be nothing?
i felt that 2- cry infront of Allah-
duaa it'll make u feel better!!!!!
:hearts:
luv u sis!!!

umabdallah2

asalamu aleikum!Dont think u r alone in the depression i have passed through the same thing,its tough not easy,wen u dont feel like doing anything even take a shower or eat!but keep your faith strong and inshallah God almighty will help u!never give up,u r special!!I was havin depression but i entered this site and it has really put my spirits and iman up!!we r here for a reason and thats to obey Allah and have faith in islam and to worship him and only him!!Inshallah u will come out of this dont think and lock yourself inside ,life is short make the most of it!!life is like smoke wen it goes it will never come back,so pray and take care of yourself!!believe in Allah,inshallah u will be ok!!trust in yourself,no one is better than u,never forget that!!!

abulzan07

:salam2:
Assalamu 'Alaikum,
pray for me
thanks

Almost same phase m goin thru may Allah never let anyone lonely the feeling inside somehow kill a person.....I live far away from family and m pissed off with my working 9 to 5 life i just feel i cant waste my whole life working and the weather of UK is worst i think in the world with sun set at 4 plus heavy rain and wind leave a person into his room with laptop and i listen 4-5 lectures a day and ghurabah nasheed more than 30 times a day as it told me to live like stranger read quran say namaz everything but sometime you just cnt get out of this feeling but allahamdullilah I have full confidence in Allah swt inshAllah i will come out good of all this and inshAllah will end up in jannah i have no high hopes left fr anything in this world i just wants my jannatul firdous thats it and i think its not that cheap that i can have easy fun life here in this world and get jannat in hereafter thru these trials tribulation loneliness i think its way of paying it price may Allah give jannatul firdous to everyone that our ultimate destination

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

dear sister -

i think i know
did go thru this-
it is the i dont hv a future -syndrome

and i dont think we hv this syndrome -
ours is there certainly is a future but i certainly cant see it' syndrome.

i also tried to slep away till i reached that place .
but hey somebody said -working to get there..
its ok. actually when all around all we hv is kufr -we want to sleep -and in the sleep Allah is nearer to us than the world we want to run way from.

if the soul doesnot feel it is gaining anything by being awake it tends to make u sleep.

so all non belivers would have happily slept were it not for their minds and satan motivating them with false dreams and desires.

i hope sister u are seeing the point.

now us guys cant be made to believe the things that disbelivers believe ---
what do we do?

for example the reason ur frendz going to college is different from why you would like to go there.
thats exactly what i mean to say-

your reasons for being awake ,for being alive have to be different .
because your destination is different.

recently i started reading the quran with translationand with a pencil to mark the verses or scribble notes -my feelingzs ,comments oor experiences about those verses.

started reflecting about judgement day.

couldn't sleep and woke up for tahajjud like a launched from a springboard.

"when the oceans are made to explode.......
man will remember ,but what use remembering that day"

just think heavy water is used for nuclear fission, just imagine if Allah was to explode the water in the oceans .Allahuakbar
"if only you knew what the judgement day is
it is a day when every one will have enough preoccupations of his own"

so sister and sisters and brothers -now is the time to have enough preoccupations of one's own to keep learning , being busyand achieving.

half of the life was wasted in ignorance ,half in desires and whats left in waiting....
NO.
just remember whatever u seek is in jannah(paradise)
and ifwe fail to remember that there jahannum (hell)
the world is anyways shadows of nothing.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19764252/free-download-Quran-here

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam2:

Subhanallah!! dear sister, depression will trully hurt you and I know *exactly* how you feel. about a couple months ago, i was like this; i didn't want to eat, drink or get out of the house. All i wanted to do was sleep and sleep, little did i kno that sleeping will result to needing more sleep:astag:.
I was always tired even though i didn't do any work subhanallah.
But then i realized i had a test to pass and got out of bed. I also relized that it was the shaytan's evil whispers that were holding me back from doing anything the whole time:girl3:....dear sister, always keep in mind that life is a difficult test and only the loved one's by Allah happen to pass. Also keep in mind that the outcome of passing this great test is the amzingly beautiful *Jannah*
sister, keep firm on this beautiful deen no matter what the obstacles becouse i can assure you, you will not regret it:hearts:
keep Allah close, remember him always for he'll surely remember you:hijabi:
keep making du'aas and turn to the Almighty in time of need insha'allah.
and Insha'allah you'll get through it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

take care my dear sister
peace be with you- wassalam:SMILY139::SMILY139:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
17770555691048371531.gif
Zinerah
17770555691048371531.gif

rose.gif
rose.gif

485-Bismellah.gif

Al salam Alikum warahmtu Allah wabrakatu

Don't be depressed and Sad:hijabi::muslim_child:

ar118027303738347.jpg

:shymuslima1:please don't Be Sad:SMILY286:
[yt]z0_8T9FETvo[/yt]​

:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY286::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY259::SMILY34:

Don't Be Depressed

[yt]KyYiNjFmsAM[/yt]​

Read this BOOK

dontbesad.gif

This book contains a full of practical advice on how to replace sadness with a pragmatic and ultimately satisfying Islamic outlook on life. It exposes to the modern reader how Islam teaches us to deal with the tests and tribulations of this world. So, take heart and hold firmly onto the rope of Allah (swt).

529055096_98dd04029f.jpg
17770555691048371531.gif

From your words and your description of the problem that you are facing, some important points are clear to us, to which we should pay special attention. These include the following:
Firstly:
You have some good things that are priceless, chief among which is Islam. This is a great blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon every Muslim; no matter what calamities, worries, stress and depression befall him, he must remember that he is a Muslim and that Allaah loves for His slaves to be Muslim even though He has no need of them and it does not harm Him if they disbelieve. Even if a person does some bad deeds, his staying within the circle of Islam is one of the greatest blessings that Allaah bestows upon him.
Imagine that you had the best that this world has to offer: wealth, status, a husband, children, a peaceful and stable home, education, a life filled with happiness, and everything that you could wish for, but at the same time you followed Judaism or Christianity or Buddhism, or you regarded a cow as holy, as millions of people do, or you worshipped a mouse, or the sun, or some other created thing, or that you were confused? Would that be better, or having the problems and worries that you have, but you are still Muslim?
Secondly:
You follow the Sunnah. Imagine if you claimed to be a Muslim but you were following a wrong path. Imagine if you were a Raafidi Shi’ah, believing that the Qur’aan is distorted and lacking something, and venerating ‘Ali and reviling the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them all), regarding most of them as kaafirs and worshipping Allaah by cursing Abu Bakr and ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them), and accusing the Mother of the Believers ‘Aa’ishah of zina – as millions of those who claim to follow Islam do, but Islam has nothing to do with them.
Or imagine that you were one of those who claim to follow Islam but they believe that the awliya’ (“saints”) in their graves can being benefit and cause harm, so they call upon them and seek their help, and offer sacrifices to them and make offerings to them. Undoubtedly this is blatant kufr.
This is a reference to just two of the seventy-two sects that claim to belong to Islam, but they will all be in Hell except for one, as was stated by the one who did not speak on the basis of whims and desires – the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
Which is dearer to you – having this world and all its delights beneath your feet whilst being so misguided and deviant, or being a Sunni Muslim, in accordance with sound human nature and affirming the Oneness of Allaah (Tawheed), even though you have many worries and problems?
Thirdly:
Praise Allaah for having been guided to pray and enabled to do good deeds, for many people regard themselves as Sunni Muslims, but they do not pray. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is prayer; whoever does not pray is a kaafir.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2621), al-Nasaa’i (463) and Ibn Majaah (1079); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
Part of being enabled to do good deeds is loving Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah, our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three characteristics, whoever attains them has found the sweetness of faith: when Allaah and His Messenger are dearer to him than all else, when he loves a man and does not love him except for the sake of Allaah, and when he would hate to return to kufr after Allaah has saved him from it as he would hate to be thrown into the fire.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (16) and Muslim (43).
By the same token, love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions is one of the greatest means of drawing closer to Allaah, of which most of mankind is deprived. It is narrated in a saheeh report that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will be with those whom he loves.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6169) and Muslim (2640) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood; also narrated by Muslim (2639) from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him).
These are great blessings, just one of which cannot be traded for this world and its pleasures and delights, but in fact you are not aware of their true value, because you have not experienced being without them, even for a single day, and you did not see their fruits in the world except on a very small scale.
Looking at a problem from only one angle generates worry, distress and depression, and if it is minor it will increase in one’s eyes until one thinks that all the problems of the world are on one’s shoulders, and there is no problem that a Muslim could have that is one hundred percent pure evil? In most cases the good that exists in the calamity is many times greater than the bad.
Firstly: Do you know that Allaah tests the believing woman because He loves her and wants what is good for her? In al-Saheeh it is narrated that our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for a person, He tests him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5321).
What great grace it is that Allaah cleanses His slave whom He loves of sin straight away, with trials and calamities, so that he will meet Him on the (Day of Resurrection) with no sin on him, and his joy on that Day will be great, and he will realize then that the calamities that befell him were among the greatest blessings that Allaah bestowed on him.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, when people who had suffered affliction are given their reward, those who were healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2402. Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
Look again at the life that you are living, and think positively of your Lord, for He is the wisest of the wise, may He be glorified.
Try as much as you can to look at the positive side of every problem that you are suffering, whether it is psychological or material. For example:
Delay in marriage:
How many girls find that marriage for them is delayed, then it turns out to be good for them.
There was a woman who reached the age of forty; her sisters and brothers all got married, and her parents died, and she stayed in the house alone. She was religiously committed and righteous. A woman said to her: May Allaah help you to cope with this loneliness; you have stayed alone after all your family has gone. And she started to encourage her to be patient. But she gave an amazing response that not even great and prominent people could come up with, and those who heard this answer were stunned by it. She said: Who told you that I am living alone? Not at all. I have not lived a single day without the one I love. He is with me night and day, and He does not leave me for a moment, and I talk to Him at moments when He is closest to me. He is my Lord.

32.gif
Brilliant Advices
32.gif

3.gif

. Read whatever you can of Qur’aan every day.
Make du’aa’ during the last third of the night, beseeching Allaah to grant you relief. Seek out the times when du’aa’s are answered, and say du’aa’ at those times, such as when prostrating, between the adhaan and iqaamah, and before saying the tasleem at the end of the prayer. Always recite the adhkaar for morning and evening, even during your menses. Pay attention to specific du’aa’s, such as dhikr when entering the house, when entering the toilet, when exiting, when going to sleep, when waking up, and on various occasions.
These are explained in a small book that is of great benefit, namely Husn al-Muslim by Shaykh Sa’eed ibn Wahb al-Qahtaani. (Available in English as Fortress of the Muslim).
Keep away from sin,

avoid negligence and shun the situations which may cause you to forget remembrance of Allaah, because they are places where the devils gather and take advantage of the heedless and overwhelm them with desires.

Try to help those who are in distress and relieve their distress, in the hope that Allaah may relieve your distress thereby. If a person helps his brother, Allaah will help him, and if he relieves his brother’s distress, Allaah will relieve his distress.

Pray for those who are in distress, asking Allaah to relieve them, because that will lead to the angels praying for you as you prayed for others.

Ask a great deal for forgiveness.

Recite the du’aa’ of distress at various times: La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem

(there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

12152.jpg

takablnf7.gif