Few Questions

Ashad Mehmood

:salam2:

I want to ask some questions

1. While praying in mosque many Muslims do rocking and twisting ( i hope you get it what i am trying to say :D). Is it allowed?

2. What does Islam says about respecting parents?

3. What is sharia law?

4. Can anyone tell me a good Dua for achieving good grades in exams?

5. Can we watch English movies with good content?

6. Is Boxing allowed in Islam?

7. Is it allowed to say :salam2: to non-muslim?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

1. While praying in mosque many Muslims do rocking and twisting ( i hope you get it what i am trying to say :D). Is it allowed?
:wasalam:

No. this is the way of the jews.

Obey them so long as it is not going against Allah and do not even utter "uff" to them, disobedience and mistreatment of the parents is one of the major sins.

3. What is sharia law?
Comprehensive islamic governing system.

see - http://www.formspring.me/dawaah/q/1028707558

4. Can anyone tell me a good Dua for achieving good grades in exams?
Try these but they wont' help unless you do your part and study also.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29476

I don't see why not so long as its PG 13 and doesn't have any bad stuff in it nor stupid stories, like harry potter and it's commercialization of magic.

6. Is Boxing allowed in Islam?
No. It is forbidden to strike the face even while training for jihad, so how can such thing be allowed as a sport when the very essence of it is based on striking the face.

7. Is it allowed to say :salam2: to non-muslim?

visit http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11559

8. Can anyone tell me a good dua for performing haj? ( I hope you get what I am trying to say)

No i don't. If you mean be able to go to hajj. Then just make dua Allah invites you to His house and work and plan to go when you can.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

I don't see why not so long as its PG 13 and doesn't have any bad stuff in it nor stupid stories, like harry potter and it's commercialization of magic.

With all due to respect- the above is a bit problematic.

Passing on rulings based on personal opinions is something dangerous, as I am sure you are aware off.

How can someone watch movies when almost all the movies have women in it, who are not covered properly? I don't see how it is practical for men to lower their gaze whilst watching a movie.

Brothers- I advise you... do not let your hearts harden whilst you do not even realize it. Do not fall into the prohibitions of Allaah whilst being unaware. How much barakah will watching a movie bring into your life? Or how far is it going to take you in life? It's not something impossible to give up- especially if it is done for the sake of Allaah. And definately Allaah will replace it with something better, if you do it for His Sake.

Many may see myself to come across as 'extreme' or harsh- but the truth can never be buried. Allaah will definately establish the truth even if it was to be established through a sinful person as myself.

P.S My beloved brother Islamirama- I hope you do not take my post as offensive... this deen is sincere advice.

BaarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
With all due to respect- the above is a bit problematic.

Passing on rulings based on personal opinions is something dangerous, as I am sure you are aware off.

It was an opinion not a ruling, that's why I said did "see" why not.

How can someone watch movies when almost all the movies have women in it, who are not covered properly? I don't see how it is practical for men to lower their gaze whilst watching a movie.
Not all movies are bad or have bad stuff in them. That's why said pg-13 if its contents are not bad. Check islamqa, they don't ban watching tv although there's nothing but trash on it these days. I personally don't even watch tv.

P.S My beloved brother Islamirama- I hope you do not take my post as offensive... this deen is sincere advice.
None taken, I tell the same thing to others.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
It was an opinion not a ruling, that's why I said did "see" why not.

Well, opinion in matters of halaal and Haraam should not be shared... 'cos if someone followed it- you will be held accountable.

Not all movies are bad or have bad stuff in them. That's why said pg-13 if its contents are not bad. Check islamqa, they don't ban watching tv although there's nothing but trash on it these days. I personally don't even watch tv.

Okay, here is the Fatwa on IslamQA:

Praise be to Allaah.

Watching movies includes looking at things that are haraam, such as seeing ‘awrahs, following immoral actions, or listening to things that are haraam such as music and obscene talk. Undoubtedly it is haraam to watch them in this case.

If the movies are free of such things, then there is nothing wrong with watching them, so long as that does not distract one from remembering Allaah or keep one from doing something that is obligatory.

No distinction is made between documentaries and other kinds of movies.

Watching movies has a bad effect on the individual and on the ummah. These include the following:

1- Provocation of desires

2- Propagation of immorality which is made attractive and easily accessible

3- Teaching and justification of crime, and making it familiar to young and old

4- Corruption of married life, by making the wife seem ugly to the husband and vice versa, by showing images of attractive girls and men

5- Spreading corrupt beliefs which are based on kaafir theories, such as the theory of evolution, or attributing the powers of creation and destruction to researchers and inventors, or propagating magic, soothsaying and claims to know the unseen, or making fun of religion and religious people, and other things which appear in movies that are shown to young and old.

6- Wasting time and draining away energy, living with illusions far removed from reality.

And there are other evil consequences.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) said: Another of the evils of looking at those beguiling images and enjoying watching them is those images which are shown in movies on videos and on the TV etc, which show images of adorned women, especially those which are broadcast from foreign countries, and those that are shown via satellite, etc.

They are a fitnah (trial, temptation), and what a fitnah. The one who looks at those images cannot be sure that he will remain uninfluenced by the image of this woman or this zaani (adulterer) or this one who is committing evil and showing him the way to do it. He may not be able to control himself and stop himself from looking for ways to fulfil his desire, if he does not have the faith to stop him looking at these images, whether they are drawings, photographs in the pages of newspapers and magazines, or they are shown in direct broadcasts or in movies and the like.

These sins and haraam things are prevalent everywhere, and they are calling people to commit immoral actions. When a woman watches these non-mahram men, she cannot be sure that her heart will not incline towards committing immoral deeds, and when a woman sees these immoral, adorned women she would be temped to imitate them because she will think that they are smarter and stronger than her. That will make her cast aside the garment of modesty and uncover her face, and she will show her beauty to strangers, and she will become a fitnah and what a fitnah. End quote from the website of Shaykh Ibn Jibreen.

Is there any PG-13 movie that is free from those bolded lines?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Well, opinion in matters of halaal and Haraam should not be shared... 'cos if someone followed it- you will be held accountable.

And i wouldn't give an opinion where It's clearly haram or halal. For example, I wouldn't say "i think its ok if you drink a little alcohol"

Okay, here is the Fatwa on IslamQA:

I see your fatwa and offer you one in return.

Watching TV is very dangerous, and I advise you not to watch it and not to sit in front of it as far as possible. But if the viewer has the moral strength to benefit from what is good, and that will not lead him into evil, then there is nothing to prevent him from that, if he knows that he has that moral strength. If he can listen to something good and benefit from it, and keep away from evil things such as songs and objectionable dramas and other harmful things, then there is nothing wrong with that. But usually the one thing leads to the other, so I advise people not to bring the TV into the home and not to watch it, because one thing leads to another, and because people are inclined to watch weird things if they are in front of them. It is not like listening; listening is less dangerous, but watching and listening may be more attractive and more addictive to people.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13003

But then again, same site says tv is bad all together at this fatwa link:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3633

But i'm not here to get into fatwa exchange games. Trust me, people are seeing a lot worst and doing a lot worst now a days via internet than tv.

Is there any PG-13 movie that is free from those bolded lines?

Yes, there are some good ones for little kids. Then there are also some good sci-fi ones or of other categories. Not all movies end up down the same road.

The Lord of the Rings was a good movie. Matrix was not bad either, although trinity's clothes were a bit tight but I guess would be a problem if you have a thing for older looking and boney women.

If seeing an "adorned" woman turns you can then you shouldn't even leave the house. I've read posts on QA about not even being able to look at a woman without ejaculating. What do you expect from such people when gov'ts like saudi tries to do a full censorship. It's not like their censorship is all that islamic anyways, the early Muslims went out and talked to opposite gender. Learn to educate yourself about proper adabs of dealing with opposite gender and you won't go having orgasms just looking at them.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
And i wouldn't give an opinion where It's clearly haram or halal. For example, I wouldn't say "i think its ok if you drink a little alcohol"

Okay, so you're saying that it is perfectly fine to share opinions on matters when it is not clear? And thus, if people follow that 'opinion' you will NOT be held accountable by Allaah?

I see your fatwa and offer you one in return.

Sorry, but the fatwa and the bolded bit of the fatwa actually goes against what you say. Ever since when was watching movies beneficial? Even in terms of the dunya, it is not beneficial at all rather the contrary. And also, no where in the fatwa does it mention that you can take benefit from it whilst watching semi-naked women etc. So please don't make the fatwa sound twisted.

But then again, same site says tv is bad all together at this fatwa link:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3633

But i'm not here to get into fatwa exchange games. Trust me, people are seeing a lot worst and doing a lot worst now a days via internet than tv.

No one is exchanging nothing here- 'cos you have miserably failed in playing the game. Both the fatwas agree with each other. This fatwa mentions that T.V is bad altogether, the other one does *not* mention it is good (this would be contradictory), rather it puts an 'exceptional' ruling that if a person *can* benefit from it and is morally strong to stay away from watching the haraam or listening to haraam... only then is it fine.

Yes, there are some good ones for little kids. Then there are also some good sci-fi ones or of other categories. Not all movies end up down the same road.

The Lord of the Rings was a good movie. Matrix was not bad either, although trinity's clothes were a bit tight but I guess would be a problem if you have a thing for older looking and boney women.

If seeing an "adorned" woman turns you can then you shouldn't even leave the house. I've read posts on QA about not even being able to look at a woman without ejaculating. What do you expect from such people when gov'ts like saudi tries to do a full censorship. It's not like their censorship is all that islamic anyways, the early Muslims went out and talked to opposite gender. Learn to educate yourself about proper adabs of dealing with opposite gender and you won't go having orgasms just looking at them.

Let's not speak from an intellectual point of view. Let us speak from a Qur'aan and Sunnah perspective.

Firstly, there are brothers here in London who literally *LOWER* their gaze when they are outside... so it is not impossible.

Secondly, don't twist things around and say that the Early Muslims went out and talked to the opposite gender and make it look like free-mixing is halaal. Can you bring me your evidence from the Sahaabah, of such a situation happening after the revelation of the ayaat of Hijaab?

Thirdly, are you saying it is permissible to look at women in tight clothes who look 'old' to you and boney? Seems, like your opinions are taking you a bit too far away from the Sharee`ah of Allaah. Don't let your desires destroy your deen.

Fourthly, I totally don't like the way you said: 'you won't go having orgasms just looking at them.'. I fear that may have been mocking an aspect of the deen, i.e. lowering the gaze... which would be apostasy my friend. As I mentioned previously, don't let your desires lead you far away from Allaah. At least admit that this is haraam, instead of arguing without knowledge.

Fifthly, don't expose your sins by saying that you watched women in tight clothes etc. A Muslim with enough shame should hide these sort of deeds.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

For you first question:

Wa`alaykum us-salaam warahmatullaah

From what I've read, the rocking tick isn't problematic, when it's natural that is. Sh. Salih Al-Munajjid says that it's imitation of the Jews in their worship and shouldn't be done deliberately,

"As for swaying when reciting Qur’aan or praying, this is habit of the Jews in their worship, so the Muslim should not do it deliberately."
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2260/

But the Permanent Committee's verdict seems far more insightful...

"There is nothing wrong with the movement of swaying back and forth during the recitation of the Holy Qur'an. Such movement is not an act of worship and hence it is not an innovation in religion. It is merely a habit and the prohibited innovations should be related to religion as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Whoever innovates (a thing) in our affair (religion), it is rejected. Reported by Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim. In a narration by Imam Muslim, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Whoever performs an act in disconformity with our affair (religion), it is rejected."
http://qurancomplex.com/qfatwa/display.asp?f=126&l=eng&ps=subFtwa

Yeah, watching this again (I watched it a few times months back) has reminded me on the importance of tajwîd!

Read :

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115&highlight=respecting+parents

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13421&highlight=respecting+parents

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113&highlight=respecting+parents

I could find Music and dances in "The Message" movie too. Both these things are prohibited in Islaam. If you can't watch something like that than I guess this just sets the scale. This is my view on movies.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Hmmmmmmmmm what about animated movies? :D

Would be same as the ruling on other matters. You can find animated movies that have pretty woman or stuff regular movies have or you can find clean movies without all that haram in it. For example, princess mononoke and spirited away are good movies and clean too.

Okay, so you're saying that it is perfectly fine to share opinions on matters when it is not clear? And thus, if people follow that 'opinion' you will NOT be held accountable by Allaah?

Twisting my words are we ? I'm aware of what islamqa says and 'm also aware of what kind of movies are out there. Trust me, there are decent movies out there that are acceptable to view, even with keeping islamqa fatwas in mind.

Sorry, but the fatwa and the bolded bit of the fatwa actually goes against what you say. Ever since when was watching movies beneficial? Even in terms of the dunya, it is not beneficial at all rather the contrary. And also, no where in the fatwa does it mention that you can take benefit from it whilst watching semi-naked women etc. So please don't make the fatwa sound twisted.

I guess movies to you are only one type, the booze, sex, guns and stuff. There are movies that can serve educational purposes. For example, all arabs should watch Syriana, it does a great job of showing how stupid arab rulers are and how easily they are made puppets with little greed as well as how west disposes of those would be rulers that would stand against them. Then there is the movie Trade, which gives a good idea of how women and kids are kidnapped and sold off as slaves in the US and around the world. There are movies the teachers showed us in class too forward unimportant stuff and showing the stuff related to the content of the subject. And if you really wanna hammer in on the fatwa then why don't you tell the fatwa scholars to do something about it in their own homelands where nudity and lewdness is easily available via satellite channels, and arab channels are no more cleaner than the western.

No one is exchanging nothing here- 'cos you have miserably failed in playing the game. Both the fatwas agree with each other. This fatwa mentions that T.V is bad altogether, the other one does *not* mention it is good (this would be contradictory), rather it puts an 'exceptional' ruling that if a person *can* benefit from it and is morally strong to stay away from watching the haraam or listening to haraam... only then is it fine.
I miserably failed? wow! hold your horses there tariqi. NO need to jump on the attack wagon now. I was simply showing more than one fatwa can be found that would contradict the other one. And i'm talking in general terms here, so all that exception stuff doesn't even come in unless you want to get all nitty gritty, in that case you already lost because I already said you can find such videos that meet you "exceptions".

Firstly, there are brothers here in London who literally *LOWER* their gaze when they are outside... so it is not impossible.
No body said its not possible or it is impossible, duh!
Secondly, don't twist things around and say that the Early Muslims went out and talked to the opposite gender and make it look like free-mixing is halaal. Can you bring me your evidence from the Sahaabah, of such a situation happening after the revelation of the ayaat of Hijaab?
I said early Muslims talked to the opposite gender, meaning they interacted depending on their needs and there was no segregation and boycott of communications. I didn't get into details about proper hijab, proper manner of addressing the opposite gender and so forth because I thought you would be smart enough to take that into consideration. You're the one that is dancing around my words and twisting them rather than thinking with clear head and broad understanding.

Thirdly, are you saying it is permissible to look at women in tight clothes who look 'old' to you and boney? Seems, like your opinions are taking you a bit too far away from the Sharee`ah of Allaah. Don't let your desires destroy your deen.
Putting words in my mouth now? Did i say it is permissible? Someone might have a thing for older women or boney woman, you might even have one for all i know? I don't care, i just said it was a decent movie except for that part. But if that is too much for your virgin eyes then don't watch it.

Fourthly, I totally don't like the way you said: 'you won't go having orgasms just looking at them.'. I fear that may have been mocking an aspect of the deen, i.e. lowering the gaze... which would be apostasy my friend. As I mentioned previously, don't let your desires lead you far away from Allaah. At least admit that this is haraam, instead of arguing without knowledge.
At this point of reading your passage, i feel like slapping you for being so stupid. Must you take everything i say the wrong way? There are some people like that (go look up on islamqa) that get all excited and ejaculate at mere sight of a woman. I was saying if you are that kind then might as well stay home and not get out at all and watching movies is the least of your worries.
Fifthly, don't expose your sins by saying that you watched women in tight clothes etc. A Muslim with enough shame should hide these sort of deeds.
Don't expose your sin that you watched semi-naked women, that you watched women with tight tops and bottoms, that you watched women every time you stepped outside of the house because that is the type of women you watch when you live in the west. So don't expose your sins by telling us that you live in the west and what kind of stuff you see daily. Have some shame man!

but many Muslims memorize Quran and other important things while rocking back and forth.

Yea, pakistanis seem to have adopted the jewish ways :D

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
One more question

Some Muslims pray with their eyes closed and some with their eyes opened :D. So which is the correct way?

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Q: What is the ruling on closing the eyes when praying?

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars are agreed that it is makrooh to close the eyes for no reason when praying.

The author of al-Rawd stated that it is makrooh because this is what the Jews do. (al-Rawd al-Murabba’, 1/95).

The authors of Manaar al-Sabeel and al-Kaafi
stated likewise, and added that it looks as if the person is asleep. (Manaar al-Sabeel, 1/66; al-Kaafi, 1/285).

The author of al-Iqnaa’
stated that it is makrooh unless there is a reason for doing so, such as fear of seeing something one should not be looking at whilst praying, such as seeing one’s concubine or wife, or a non-mahram woman, naked. (al-Iqnaa’, 1/127; al-Mughni, 2/30). The author of al-Mughni said likewise.

The author of Tuhfat al-Mulook said that it is makrooh without discussing the ruling when there is a need to do it. (Tuhfat al-Mulook, 1/84).

Al-Kaasaani said: it is makrooh because it goes against the Sunnah, which is to focus the gaze on the place of prostration, and because all of a person’s faculties have a role to play in worship, including the eyes. (Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’, 1/503).

The author of Maraaqi al-Falaah
stated that it is makrooh unless done for a purpose. He said, closing the eyes may be preferable to looking in some cases (Maraaqi al-Falaah, 1/343).

Imaam al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam said in his fatwas that it is permissible when necessary, if that helps the worshipper to focus more fully on his prayer.

Ibn al-Qayyim said in Zaad al-Ma’aad that if a man can focus more fully on his prayer by opening his eyes, then it is better to do so. If he can focus more fully by closing his eyes because there are things that may distract him from his prayer, such as adornments and decorations, then it is not makrooh at all and the view that in this case it is mustahabb for him to close his eyes is closer to the aims and principles of sharee’ah than saying that it is makrooh. (Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/283).

Source

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
@islamirama: Akhee, you sound like a complete Jaahil who is just trying to defend yourself.

Let me just get this straight...

From the start I never talked about movies that contain "the booze, sex, guns and stuff."- so you have no point to stand against. "The booze, sex, guns and stuff." is just one element of it- rather I, from the start, kept mentioning about uncovered women.

So it comes down to this... Are you saying it is permissible to watch movies with Music, women etc.? If yes, then stay away from bringing forth your personal opinions. No one is in need of how *you* understand the Qur'aand and sunnah. And it is definately against the rules of TTI, so take it outside somewhere.

If not, then I don't see the point of you arguing.

Don't expose your sin that you watched semi-naked women, that you watched women with tight tops and bottoms, that you watched women every time you stepped outside of the house because that is the type of women you watch when you live in the west. So don't expose your sins by telling us that you live in the west and what kind of stuff you see daily. Have some shame man!

Thanks for judging me when you don't even know me. Be prepared to answer before the Lord of the Worlds on that day. I don't have any need/time to defend myself here as I have much better things to do.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
@islamirama: Akhee, you sound like a complete Jaahil who is just trying to defend yours

you are the jahil that is doing nothing but assuming stuff and twisting everything. I'm done talking with you, your dismissed.

Be prepared to answer before the Lord of the Worlds on that day.

talking as if you are exempt ....

Thanks for judging me when you don't even know me.
took the words right out of my mouth....don't bother replying back!