FINDING SIRAT E MUSTAQEEM

AAKASH

I m always very confused about that who is rite n whoz wrong,
like Ehl e sunnat wal jamaat, Jamat al muslimeen, Ehl e Hadith, Sipah e sahaba e.t.c
its a very big confusion for me,
Any hadith or ayat in favour of any specifcic fiqa,or any answer frm my bros n sisters satisfying me will truely b appreciated.
JAZAKALLAH

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think many gatherings of muslems are following the same Quran and Sunna and understand them as the salaf did, though they are carrying different names, they may have some differences but the main belief is the same...... unless they reject Quran and Sunna as some deviated sects.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
I m always very confused about that who is rite n whoz wrong,
like Ehl e sunnat wal jamaat, Jamat al muslimeen, Ehl e Hadith, Sipah e sahaba e.t.c
its a very big confusion for me,
Any hadith or ayat in favour of any specifcic fiqa,or any answer frm my bros n sisters satisfying me will truely b appreciated.
JAZAKALLAH

asalaam aleykum

brother truly i did not understand what you are at;

FINDING SIRAT E MUSTAQEEM

how to find or
to how it has been translated by others?

AAKASH

My question still stands,
em nt cnfirm that is it an ayat aur hadith that,only one Firqa(Jamaat) will go to paradise,
how to find that which is that jamaat ?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
My question still stands,
em nt cnfirm that is it an ayat aur hadith that,only one Firqa(Jamaat) will go to paradise,
how to find that which is that jamaat ?
Asalamo`alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

According to Ahaadeeth it is the Jamaah that'll stick to the Rope of Allaah. According to the Scholars the Rope of Allaah mean the Qur'an and the Sunnah as per the understanding of the Salaf.

Dear brother, stick around. You'll soon find out who to trust and which group to follow.

It's a pretty common confusion and an FAQ, it cannot really be answered in "words'' but by experience. The answer comes with understanding and understanding comes with being around good people, studying and discussion. So my advice to you is: stick around. Inshaa`Allaah you'll have your knots untied.

Don't get baised against or for any group. People will tell you go for being salafi, wahabi, Ahul sunnah wal jammah, Ahlal Hadeeth and blah blah blah, don't be any of those because of those means the same and you are all of those already.

Am I confusing you. Stay tuned. Your confusion won't stay for long Inshaa`Allaah. In short: Don't worry about it. Start working on your akhlaq and Imaan.

AAKASH

Truely thanx sister,
can u suggest me any websites providing hadiths n ayats in finding the right path,bcz i dnt have access nd time to find books,
JazakAllah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wr wb

Don't forget dua is the strongest tool for a muslim use it wisely and ask Allah (swt) to guide u cause he is the best of guiders and without his guidance all of us are misguided

Who are the saved group?
Please clarify how to differentiate between the groups that claim they are following the right path. We know that Ahlul Sunnah wal jama’ah is the group that follows the straight path. But there are many Muslims do not know the ruling on the other groups, which started to be widely spread these days as the prophet (PBUH) said. As he said what means that there will be many groups 73 sects, Allah knows best how many, and that only one is following the straight path. *!
How can we differentiate between all these groups? How to refute them? Shall we avoid them and their behaviours?*!
I wish you provide evidences from Quran and Hadeeth for the great importance of the matter, as the majority do not know, and we fear for the new converts to get lost amongst all these groups.*!
I found a related question on the site but I need more clarification.
Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:*!
Division and differences among this ummah is something inevitable, to which history bears witness, as do the texts of the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).*!
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see a great deal of dissent.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4067); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood. *!
Dissent has occurred in the political field, as well as in the fields of thought and ‘aqeedah, which is represented in the appearance of different sects at the end of the era of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs, such as the Murji’is, Shi’ah and Khawaarij.
*!But by His mercy, Allaah decreed that this division should happen when some groups drifted away from the way of the main body of the Muslims and developed their own different approach, and they were distinguished by their own names and character. So the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and the ‘aqeedah of the majority of Muslims, was not confused even for a day with that of the other, misguided sects, so that those sects would not dare to call themselves Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, rather they are called after the bid’ah (innovation) that they introduced, or the person who founded the sect. You can see that when you examine the names of all the sects.*!
The famous hadeeth about the ummah splitting into seventy-three sects bears witness to that.*!
It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”
Narrated by Abu Dawood (4597) and others; classed as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/128), who said: it is an important hadeeth that represents a basic principle. It was classed as hasan by Ibn Hajar in Takhreej al-Kashshaaf (63). It was classed as saheeh by Ibn Taymiyah in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (3/345), al-Shaatibi in al-I’tisaam (1/430), and al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (9/133). It is mentioned frequently and often quoted as evidence by the scholars in the books of Sunnah, and it was narrated from a number of the Sahaabah via many isnaads, most of the soundest of which specify the number of sects as being seventy-three.*!
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described the saved group as the jamaa’ah, i.e., the consensus of the Muslim scholars. In other reports he also described them as “the vast multitude”, as in the hadeeth of Abu Umaamah and others which is recorded by Ibn Abi ‘Aasim in al-Sunnah (1/34) and al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer (8/321), with an isnaad that is hasan li ghayrihi (hasan because of corroborating evidence).*!
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.*!
This is the clearest sign that the Muslim can use to determine what is the saved group, so he should follow the way of the majority of scholars, those whom all the people testify are trustworthy and religiously-committed, and he should follow the way of the earlier scholars among the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and the four Imams and other scholars, and he should beware of every sect that differs from the main body of Muslims (jamaa’ah) by following innovation (bid’ah).*!
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: *!
The sign of the people of bid’ah is that they do not follow the salaf. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (4/155). *!
He also said (3/346): The sign of these groups – i.e., the seventy-two groups that go against Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah – is that they forsake the Qur’aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus. The one who follows the Qur’aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus is one of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. End quote.*!
It is not permissible for anyone to imagine after this that the Shi’ah, for example, are the saved group, or that the deviant Sufis, Khawaarij or Habashis are the saved group. Rather these are innovated groups which only follow invented ideas, that are denounced by the scholars and the majority of Muslims, who feel repulsion in their hearts towards them. Their ideas were never believed in for a day by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Uthmaan or ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with them), or by Imam Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafa’i or Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Would any wise person think that a belief that these imams were unaware of could be correct?
Think about it. There is the greatest and most obvious difference between Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah (the saved group) and other, misguided groups.*!
Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) says:*!
Hence the saved group is described as Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and they are the greater majority and the vast multitude. As for the other groups, they are followers of weird ideas, division, innovation and whims and desires, and none of these groups reached anywhere close to the size of the saved group, let alone being equal to them, rather some of these groups are very small in number. The sign of these groups is that they go against the Qur'aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus. The one who follows the Qur’aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus is one of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.*!
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (3/346).*!
Al-Shaatibi has mentioned many names of the doomed groups in al-I’tisaam (1/453-460).*!
Secondly:*!
The scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah have stated in their books that the other sects are among the misguided and doomed innovated groups, and that they deserve to enter Hell because of the reprehensible ideas and grave innovations that they have introduced into the religion of Allaah. But in most cases they are not regarded as kaafirs, rather they are regarded as Muslim sects.*!
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:*!
Similarly, with the other seventy-two groups, those that are hypocrites are inwardly kaafirs, and those that are not hypocrites but rather believe inwardly in Allaah and His Messenger are not inwardly kaafirs, even though they are mistaken in their interpretations, regardless of what that mistake may be. Some of them may have some of the branches of hypocrisy, or they may not have the kind of hypocrisy that dooms a man to the lowest depths of Hell.*!
The one who says that each of the seventy-two sects is guilty of kufr that puts one beyond the pale of Islam is going against the Qur’aan and Sunnah and the consensus of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them all), and the consensus of the four imams and others. None of them regarded any of the seventy-two sects as kaafirs, rather they regard one another as kaafirs.*!
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (7/218).*!
This does not mean that every sect that calls itself Muslim is actually Muslim, rather they may be kaafirs and apostates, such as the extreme Raafidis, the extreme Sufis and the baatini sects such as the Druze, Nusayris and others. These are all beyond the pale of Islam and are not regarded as being among the sects mentioned in the hadeeth.
Thirdly:*!
The cause of difference and division among these groups mentioned in the hadeeth has to do with fundamental matters of religion and basic issues of ‘aqeedah, not differences of opinion regarding fiqh.*!
Al-Shaatibi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:*!
These are regarded as sects because they differ from the saved group with regard to some fundamental issues of religion and basic rules of sharee’ah, not with regard to minor issues, because differences with regard to minor issues does not lead to division and factionalism, rather factionalism occurs when there are differences concerning fundamental issues of Islam.*!
Al-I’tisaam (1/439).*!
If some Muslim groups stand out from others because of a specific method of da’wah and working for Islam, but they do not go against Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah in their ‘aqeedah, then they are not to be regarded as doomed groups, rather they are among the saved group in sha Allaah, if they follow the way of the Sahaabah and Taabi’een in ‘aqeedah and action.*!
There are a number of questions on our site that offer more information and details about this issue. Please see questions no. 206, 1393, 10121, 10554, 10777, 12761 and 21065.*!
And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/90112

walaikum salam wr wb

AAKASH

Brother JazakAllah for ur effort n All Ayats n hadiths,but it is no where stated or clarified or proved that the one jamat going to paradise wil b ehl e sunah wal jamat,these hadiths say that it will b the jamat of people folowing quran n sunnah,the same hadith is quoted bo JAMAT AL MUSLIMEEN in theirselves favour,so i do thnk what my one sister has stated bfore,just follow Quran n Sunnah,
Rest of All leave on Allah Almighty,
May Allah shows us the right path,
Ameen

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Brother JazakAllah for ur effort n All Ayats n hadiths,but it is no where stated or clarified or proved that the one jamat going to paradise wil b ehl e sunah wal jamat,these hadiths say that it will b the jamat of people folowing quran n sunnah,the same hadith is quoted bo JAMAT AL MUSLIMEEN in theirselves favour,so i do thnk what my one sister has stated bfore,just follow Quran n Sunnah,
Ameen

Asslamaliekum,
Brother, Why do you want the proof of name of group from Quran or Hadeeth? Anyone can create a jamaat and name it the same. Can I not create a jamaat in my city and name it jamaate muslimeen and start calling people to my jamaat stating this is the saved sect?

When you find someone ascribing some title to himself, you should try to evaluate if they are actually following what the claim.

May Allah (swt) guide us all to right path.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Truely thanx sister,
can u suggest me any websites providing hadiths n ayats in finding the right path,bcz i dnt have access nd time to find books,
JazakAllah

No problem.

Well you've got this forum, check out all the beneficial stuff posted round the clock. Everyones got a Qur'an at their place. I suggest you begin with trying to understand it's message. Take a look at http://bayyinah.com/podcast/category/juz_amma/ . A warning though, that stuff is waaay to beautiful. You may get addicted.

Ameen

I believe you got be a lil wrong. I mean to say you can be with any group that I mentioned above, as long as you are following the Qur'an and the Sunnah explained in the light of the teachings of the Companions, their students and then their students.

A name isn't really important. You might as well call yourself kungfu panda if you like. Make sure you follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah in your beliefs and 'Aamaal because it's this that'll help you to Jannah, not some name or designation.

Read the following post to understand what saves us or puts us on the list of the saved people. You don't need any names, you need understanding.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Brothers and Sisters,

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.(Surah 'Ali 'Imran(3:103)

Explanation of the Rope of Allaah

The salaf explained the meaning of "Hablullah" = "Rope of Allaah" in the following ways:

1)By Abdullah ibn mas'ood.

He was student of Ibn Abbas:

He said: Rope of Allah is the Al jamaa'aa. "hold firm to the Jama'aa, all of you, and do not divide."Jama'aa is,as he explain himself: " Maa wafiqal haqq walo kunthu waahdak". It means the Jamaa is "what ever agrees with the truth even if you on your own" so the measuring stick is the truth and not the numbers. The truth here means The Quraan and the Sunnah according to way the Salaf.

This is taken from the hadeeth of the prophet:saw:. He :saw: said: "This nation will split-up into seventy-three sects, seventy two are in the Fire and one is in Paradise."

In one narration he was asked "who are they, Oh messenger of Allah:saw". He replied: "whoever is upon what I am upon today and my companions."

And in another narration:"Al jama'aa."

So according to Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood the rope of Allaah is "Al Jamaa'a",

Imaam Al buhari said: "The Jama'aa is the foundation of the deen.Whoever takes it from other than them have Innovate".

2) By Mujahid:

He said the "Hablullah = Rope of Allaah" is the contract or convonant that one has with Allaah. Which means to worhsip Allaah alone without associating partners with Him.

Allah says in Surah Ma'idah verse:1

"O you who have believed, fulfill [all] contracts."

The first convonant that humans have made is to worship Allaah alone:

"Worship Allaah alone and donot associate partners to Him". [Soorat-ul-An’aam: 151]

So according to Mujahid it is "Hold firm to the Tawheed of Allaah all of you and do not divide".

3)By Addahak and Qatadah:

They say that "Hablullah = Rope of Allaah" is the Quraan. So it is "Hold firm to the Quraan all of you and do not divide".

4) By Abul 'Aali'ya:

He said that the Rope of Allaah is Ikhlaas i.e SIncerety.

5)By Abu bakr (may Allah be pleased with him):

According to Abu Bakr As Siddique The Rope of "Allaah is the Sunnah".

So when Allah Sobhanuhu wa ta'aala says in Surah Al- Imran Hold firm to the Rope of Allah ( i.e The Jama'aa, At Tawheed, to The Quraan and the Sunnah with sincerity)

That is why Shiekh Saleh Al fawzan in his explanation of "Tamasuk bi habl Lillah". He said "Habl of Allaah" is the "Quraan and Sunnah". This explanation includes all five of the above explanation. Furthur to support his view Sheikh Saleh fawzan mentions the following hadeeth:

"Those of you who live long enough to see (a lot of) divisions, so upon you is sticking to my sunnah and the sunnah of my companions (may Allah be pleased with them) after me. Hold firm to it with the molars of your teeth. And stay away from newly invented matters. Verily every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in Hellfire.

From this we can conclude that the Asl, The origan or Foundation is What the Prophet:saw: was upon and his companions after him. i.e following the way of the Salaf. Any body who goes away from this has left the rope of Allaah. So this is a very very strong advice by this Imaam When he said "tamasuk bi hablillah". The prophet of Allaah:saw: said (narrated by Anas): "The best of generation is my generation (The Asahab) then those after them (The tabaieens) and then those after them (The atba Taba'een)".

So the Divisions of the Ummah is due to those Muslims who have turned away from the Jama'aa i.e The rope of Allaah.