Forum

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Forum Suggestion

:salam2:

A close friend of mine wants to create an Islamic Forum, but he would like your suggestions on a unique name, since all the good names have already been taken, lets see what you guys can come up with Insha'Allah,

All Suggestions are welcome,

:wasalam:

Salaam,

What about UnitedUmmah? DeenalHaqq? NoorofIslam? Islamformankind? Fivepillars?

P.S. Let me know if you're recruiting Moderators :SMILY149:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What would be the purpose of the forum. That would help to narrow down some names. Give us a few specifics to help us.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Call me a spoilsport, but I wouldnt suggest making a forum actually. Unless it is strictly between friends or people you trust and know, forum based websites in regards to Islaam are actually a difficult idea to implement.

On the surface it may seem simple, but deeper down it presents many problems. Even as we Moderators face it; the fact is that there are so many levels to people and types of people that without knowledge of things, it's so easy to have very unIslamic things on the forum.

I mean the range of people is so vast, sometimes you want to just scream! People who reject ahadeeth, those who support "scholars" who are deviated, those who present misconcepted ideas of jihaad, those who make takfeer of the great scholars, those who seek marriage, those who post opinions above fact, those who place things with no source, music, etc etc ....

A lot of times these things are difficult and I've met with many forums which have not been able to maintain this at all, even on TTI we dont always make it, which is why we ask that the Users inform us of any bad posts. It's quite impossible to run a good forum site unless you're armed with knowledge, ability to communicate to people, dedication to the truth (and already know it in regards to Tahweed, Aqeedah, the correct and the wrong), unless you are able to verify information and filter it. We experience it a lot on TTI ... us Mods wish so much we could have more knowledge and half the times are afraid of our responsibilities towards TTI. Because some of these matters are so intricate and require further studying... and then to explain these concepts to others, it's hard. =(

I've been to others and that's what i saw - it's too difficult... some have a place to "debate" fiqh issues, then they post things which are so off subhan'Allah i dont know.

Overall i think i've gotten to sometimes dislike forums myself =), though they can be good.

anyways, that's my input, forgive me if it seems critical, but trust me on this one...

wasalam

MUHAMM7D

Muslim

Call me a spoilsport, but I wouldnt suggest making a forum actually. Unless it is strictly between friends or people you trust and know, forum based websites in regards to Islaam are actually a difficult idea to implement.

On the surface it may seem simple, but deeper down it presents many problems. Even as we Moderators face it; the fact is that there are so many levels to people and types of people that without knowledge of things, it's so easy to have very unIslamic things on the forum.

I mean the range of people is so vast, sometimes you want to just scream! People who reject ahadeeth, those who support "scholars" who are deviated, those who present misconcepted ideas of jihaad, those who make takfeer of the great scholars, those who seek marriage, those who post opinions above fact, those who place things with no source, music, etc etc ....

A lot of times these things are difficult and I've met with many forums which have not been able to maintain this at all, even on TTI we dont always make it, which is why we ask that the Users inform us of any bad posts. It's quite impossible to run a good forum site unless you're armed with knowledge, ability to communicate to people, dedication to the truth (and already know it in regards to Tahweed, Aqeedah, the correct and the wrong), unless you are able to verify information and filter it. We experience it a lot on TTI ... us Mods wish so much we could have more knowledge and half the times are afraid of our responsibilities towards TTI. Because some of these matters are so intricate and require further studying... and then to explain these concepts to others, it's hard. =(

I've been to others and that's what i saw - it's too difficult... some have a place to "debate" fiqh issues, then they post things which are so off subhan'Allah i dont know.

Overall i think i've gotten to sometimes dislike forums myself =), though they can be good.

anyways, that's my input, forgive me if it seems critical, but trust me on this one...

wasalam

Yepp, i get your point, but this requested by a brother,:)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim

I thought about these, feedback appreciated.

1.TheMuslimZone.com
2.TheIslamicZone.com
3.DeenulHaqq.com
4.MuslimDistrict.com
5.IslamicSector.com

Tell me which one is the best.

zulfikar

A close friend of mine wants to create an Islamic Forum, but he would like your suggestions on a unique name, since all the good names have already been taken, lets see what you guys can come up with Insha'Allah,

All Suggestions are welcome,

How about this name: Syahadaislam.com
Its discuss about all of people who said shahada were already moslems

Salaam,

I like IslamicSector. You want a name that'll also have some meaning to non-Muslims. I guess not everyone knows Arabic.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Salaam,

I like IslamicSector. You want a name that'll also have some meaning to non-Muslims. I guess not everyone knows Arabic.

Very true, something meaningful to non-muslims and something that is easy for them to remember.

I was thinking of "TheMuslimZone" TMZ Islamic Forums.:)