Friends

sal12

Assalamu alaykum

Has anyone ever experienced their imaan weakening straight after socializing or just chatting on the phone with friends (friends who are not religious,God conscious or Islamic)? If you don't understand what I mean let me know.

Jazakallahu khayr

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
yes, sometimes it do happens. may Allah increase our iman and not decrease it. Ameen.

Prophet :saw: said: The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
Friends have great influences on a person whether we admit it or not. In support of my statement, when looking for a spouse or prior for a lady accepting a proposal, one is asked to look at his/her friends. Can someone clarify the hadith?

Another hadith by Rasulullah SAW

"A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look at whom you befriend."

Going further into the seera of Rasulullah SAW... as we know he endured much hardships as he tried to fulfil his mission. There was a man by the name of Okba. He was very close to Abu Jahl. When he (abu Jahl) was away on a trip, Okba was so close to becoming a muslim but Abu Jahl returned before then and he threatened Okba that he would neither look at him nor talk to him again until he spat on the Rasulullah's SAW face.

Allah the Exalted says in the Holy Quran

" And the Day that the unjust (person) will bite at both his hands, (and) say, “Oh, would that I had taken to myself a way along with the Messenger. Oh, woe to me! Would that I had not taken so-and-so to myself for a (close) fellow. Indeed he readily made me err away from the Remembrance after it had come to me.”" (25: 27-29).

Like dimlite said shaytan invites himself to such places ... he lures you in every possible manner... he lures you according to your interest. We all have our shortcomings but Allah is greater than he is. So we pray to Him with utmost faith and sincerity that he guides us to the straight path... His path. Amin.

ProudToBeaMuslim

Assalamu alaykum

Has anyone ever experienced their imaan weakening straight after socializing or just chatting on the phone with friends (friends who are not religious,God conscious or Islamic)? If you don't understand what I mean let me know.

Jazakallahu khayr

Alhamdulillah, when I come to think of it, Most of my closest friends are God conscious. But sometimes, it does happen that we often get into certain weird, complicated and stupid jokes (you get the idea), and then I feel my Iman weakened.

When I talk to non muslim friends, sometimes I do feel the same way you do, but mostly, Now when i come to think of it, I'll be trying to find a way to change the subject to Islam. I think that really helps in strengthening your Iman when talking to non-muslim (or namesake muslim) friends--Constantly being alert for Da'wah oppurtunities.
:salam2:

adam_arb

Too much laughing and joking hardens the heart an drives you away from remembering Allah and from his path (Ibn Taymiyah rahimullah)

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Yes indeed this happens to me esspeically when I am speaking with girls. Only because the girls that are muslims wouldn't speak with me in the first place for no reason. I tried to limit the friends I have esspeically the girls, that are not muslim.
A muslim girl once told me something that will always stay with me. she said, "When ever you see a women on the street that is not wearing her hijab (and take note I am from Canada aswell) just picture her with 2 horns on her head, inviting you to the fire. And now sometimes when I look at girls and this thought comes to me , instantly I am scared :p
loool assalamu alaykum :)

Manaal_e_Afghan

Walaikum salaam wr wb

yaa I agree with all of you
Its happens most of the times
Like a Friend says oh plz listen to this song etc
but yaa It depends on you, what path you've chosen To walk on
Alhamdulilah Now in the recent time I am trying my very best To tell my friends
what i know about Islam and Share with them whatever i know.

slave_of_Allah

Those people who distract you from your true goal in life, are not your friends, only your enemies, they are the ones taking you to the hell fire. Stay away from such people.

Oh Allah, help us to sit with the righteous people, who mention Your beautiful Name all thetime, the people that fear You, the ones that are close to You. Oh Allah let us not be with those who have rejected Your signs, and sold the akhairah for this temporary dunya, for indeed they are the ones that will be in the hell fire. Ya Allah, please don't make us one of them. Aameen!!!

Selmaleila

Not easy to be a kid
Salam Alaykum :)

I think it's not a big deal when you are able to control yourself and your time, and you don't let your friends, Muslims or not, distract you from your duty towards Allah Subhanahu wa Taâla.

Best regards