Game: Share and then say why you Care!

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Dear All,

I am writing this with quick hands so I cannot assure that it will make much sence, However I shall try my best Inshallah.

It seems to me, that people are having so much fun in the TTI Games Section, Mashallah... BUT what are these games really?

Perhaps for a second or two, they make you laugh, make you think, make you respond...

I mean it's easier responding to "Have You Ever....?" than to say... "Is this Permissable.....?"

And it's a very good thing that my brothers and sisters are all taking, giving, or recieving Fatawas seriously... but as we all enjoy getting our feelings and opinions out, many times these can be vented in the Games section.

Therefore... seeing the popularity of this area... I have decided to add a New sort of 'GAME'. It came to me, while I was sitting and reading some Hadith and I thought "Subhanallah... these are so beautiful and I could completely relate!!"

So here goes Inshallah... Take any Ayah from the Quran or Hadith... (please if it is Hadith post where it is from i.e. Bukhari, Muslim, Bayhaqi... etc.)

THEN write HOW this hadith affected you... HOW you can relate to it...
OR JUST WHY YOU LIKED IT!!!

Don't try to translate please unless it is commentary from a scholar, but just comment on how you liked it... why and stuff like that...

Inshallah this is a test run... lets see how it goes... I would post a Hadith right now... it's right... downstairs ;) so I can't get it now... but as soon as I am able, I shall Inshallah.

Until that time... I hope someone else posts here...

(btw... if anyone could come up with a better title I would be grateful, as of yet... I can't think of one... :( )

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

I am reposting underneath to put this Hadith... wow... that up there is very colorful, more so than I realized...

Here is My First One:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 64, Number 276:
Narrated Al-Aswad bin Yazid:

I asked 'Aisha "What did the Prophet use to do at home?" She said, "He used to work for his family, and when he heard the Adhan (call for the prayer), he would go out."

I like it because it shows how beautifully our Prophet Muhammad (saws) handled things... He was the Messenger of Allah yet still took time to help his family... at home...

Taking away from the presumption that it is only 'woman's' work...

I added another one because this one was sooooo sweeeeet!!

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 317o:
Narrated Anas:

that the Prophet said, "For every prophet there is an invocation that surely will be responded by Allah," (or said), "For every prophet there was an invocation with which he appealed to Allah, and his invocation was accepted (in his lifetime), but I kept my (this special) invocation to intercede for my followers on the Day of Resurrection."

May we be one of those who recieve this intercesion!

By the way: Sahih Bukhari

(i actually meant to post another one... but at the current moment it's not on the Internet at hand... so when I get time I'll have to type it... :) )

Wassalam.

Marwa17

The ayah in the qu'ran that strikes me everytime i hear it or read it is from Surat Al-Waq3a...ayahs 83-ayahs 86
( pasted from ayah 80 below)
80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?

82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?

83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-

84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-

85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-

86. Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-

87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?

This surah I memorized it maybe a month after my brother died...I know how to read arabic but I usually do not understand it...then my mom explained it to me (she usually does) and she told me that when she was in the hospital with my brother, that ayah kept on going through her head...how she was sooo close to him, right there by his bed, but allah was still closer and that no one can stop death...whenever I hear this ayah I think not just about death but my brother...Rabina yarhamu
Allah save us all when our time comes..

Salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "One who helps a fellow Muslim in removing his (or her) difficulty in this world, Allah will remove the formers distress on the Day of Judgment. He who helps to remove the hardship of another, will have his difficulties removed by Allah in this world and in the Hereafter. One who covers the shortcomings of another Muslim, will have his faults covered up in this world and the next by Allah. Allah continues to help a servant so long as he goes on helping his own brother (or sister)." (Muslim)

I love this hadith as not only does it remind me to do good, but like many hadith, it makes me smile and have deep feeling for the Prophet (s). I think, what an amazing, loving and caring man he was to say such things, to encourage people to behave in such ways.- Then I feel a touch of saddness that so few people act upon such things. That our fellow Muslims, even those who purport to following the Quran and Sunnah just do not have that great strength of character to sincerely help one another. Wallahu A'lam.

I look forward to seeing people sharing further Ayaat or Hadith and giving a few lines to say how it makes them feel.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalam'alaykum wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuhuh,

JazakAllaah khayr for reviving one of the more beneficial threads in this section.
________

It doesn't really matter how many times you come accross Ayat-ul-Qur'aan, the initial impact never diminishes, it only ever intensifies. I don't think I need to say why I chose to post it, somethings don't need extra words for company:

قُل لَّوْ كَانَ الْبَحْرُ مِدَادًا لِّكَلِمَاتِ رَبِّي لَنَفِدَ الْبَحْرُ قَبْلَ أَن تَنفَدَ كَلِمَاتُ رَبِّي وَلَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مَدَدًا

Say, “If the sea were ink for [writing] the words of my Lord, the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even if We brought the like of it as a supplement.” (Surah Kahf; 109)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalam'alaykum wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuhuh,

JazakAllaah khayr for reviving one of the more beneficial threads in this section.
________

It doesn't really matter how many times you come accross Ayat-ul-Qur'aan, the initial impact never diminishes, it only ever intensifies. I don't think I need to say why I chose to post it, somethings don't need extra words for company:
WA alaykum salam wa rhamatullahi wa barakatuh

I think we should make a rule where you cant just write a reply, but have to add an ayah or a hadith!

Haadiya

:salam2:sis Jazaka ALLAHu kheir for starting this thread.

here is one of my favorite hatith:

The messenger of ALLAh (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said
Do not envy one another, do not inflate prices one to another, do not hate one another,do not turn away from one another and do not undercut one another, but be you O slaves of Allah, brthers. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim, he neither oppresses him nor disgraces him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. Piety and righteousness is here and he pointed to his breast tree times. it is evil enough for a man to hold his brother in contempt. the whole of a Muslim for another is inviolable, his blood, his property and his honour.

related by Muslim

Lena

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

I love this because it reminds me to only seek guidance from Allah swt and to always do good deeds. I have always thought and still think that Allah has created me for two purposes. One purpose is to worship Allah of course. The second is to always help others and do good until my very last breath.

Thank you sister for this wonderful thread. May Allah swt reward you immensely. Ameen :tti_sister:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
WA alaykum salam wa rhamatullahi wa barakatuh

I think we should make a rule where you cant just write a reply, but have to add an ayah or a hadith!

I agree. Every word game thread should have a set of rules and that sounds like a good one to start with (but honestly, I have a chronic rule making problem which does not need to exercised, so I will leave the rules in this thread to someone else!)

Sticking by the first rule then:

وَلَا تَمُدَّنَّ عَيۡنَيۡكَ إِلَىٰ مَا مَتَّعۡنَا بِهِۦۤ أَزۡوَٲجً۬ا مِّنۡہُمۡ زَهۡرَةَ ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا لِنَفۡتِنَہُمۡ فِيهِ*!ۚ وَرِزۡقُ رَبِّكَ خَيۡرٌ۬ وَأَبۡقَىٰ

"And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them, the splendour of the life of this world that We may test them thereby. But the provision (good reward in the Hereafter) of your Lord is better and more lasting."

(Qur'an 20:131)

I like this because its clear simple rule to apply in life in the good times and the bad times, to be content with what you have.

Messenger of Allaah salAllaahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"When one of you looks at one who stands at a higher level than you in regard to wealth and physical structure he should also see one who stands at a lower level than you in regard to these things (in which he stands) at a higher level (as compared to him)."

[Saheeh Muslim]

Perfect antidotes to greed, envy and selfishness; some of the worst human characteristics.

Wa-alaykum assalam wa rahmatullaah

Lena

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its."

related by Al-Tirmithi, who said that it was a good and sound Hadith.

I love this Hadith because it shows how merciful Allah swt is and if we repent Allah will surely forgive us no matter how great our sins.

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: the messenger of Allah said:

Allah the Almighty has said: "Who soever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him. My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have imposed upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it."

related by Bukhari.

I also love this Hadith. It is self explanatory.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Suhaib reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:"Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his, and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer: For if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (Allah), thus there is good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shows resignation (enduring it patiently), there is good for him in it.” ( Muslim)

I love this hadeeth between others because it is teaching us how we as Muslims are blessed in every state, does not metter what is happending to us there is good from Allah subhan wa teala. If we pass trough hardships or any kind of disease, Allah may forgive us some of our sins, and if we remain patiente and keep sabr, Allah may reword us with reword prescribed for those who are patiente and rely only on Him, SubhanAllah wa bi hamdihi waAllahu Akbaar

"Verily, Allah has vessels on earth, namely the heart. His favorites are those vessels which have the cleanest, strongest and thinnest. Clean from sin, are strong in faith and thin (soft) are our brothers and sisters." (Tabarani)

Alhamdulillah I love this hadeeth as well, because it is teaching us that all our deeds are begining from our heart. If our hearts are corrupted and if they are not clean, than our deeds can also not be good.

May Allah reward you dear sister Samiha for your thread. Mashallah it is good way of learning hadeeths of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam and good remainder for our hearts, Alhamdulilah for Islaam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

JAzakumullahu khayr to the posters above, it was great to read..

The Prophet :saw: said:

“Amazing is the situation of the Mu’min; his affairs are always good, and this is for no one but the Mu’min. If something good happens to him he is thankful, and that is good for him. And if hardship befalls him he is patient, and that, too, is good for him.” (Muslim)

Wannabemuslim

This hadith has always helped me in my struggles
"islam started as something strange and will come as something strange, so give good tidings to the stranger!"

It reminds me that though every morning i wake up and i can expect someone to make fun of islam and the things i do being a muslim such as me preforming prayer,doing wudu and my refusul to par take in conversation with girls in my class and listening to music. Sure at times i feel my head is about to fall off from all the secret conversations people have about me, but at least i feel like im doing something better than what i could be doing

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Narrated 'Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn."

i love this hadith because show us how much Allah is Mercyfull, alhamdullilah
when a non-beliver is facing a calamity he looses all hopes and maybe gets in depresion and then to something worse, but we as muslim know that we are to learn from all that comes in our lifes and to never loose hope in Allah.
The calamity not only expiates our sins, makes us more humbled and cleans our hearts but also makes us closer in prayer, dua, suplications to our Creator, thats teached us the patience.

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum.

Hazrat Mu'awiya(r.a.a) relates "I have heard the Holy Prophet(S.A.W)

observing "There shall always remain a group among my Ummah who will

defend Islam and their faith. Those who do not support them or oppose them

shall never be able to destroy or eliminate them till the final word from

Allah. These defenders of faith shall remain firm in their conviction.{Bukhari, Muslim}

I really like this hadith because we know we will be following the footsteps of Christians and Jews and start imitating them in every aspect, we will lose the Qu'ran also.The coming of Dajjal and everything makes me sad. it's quite depressing actually.well this is a very powerful hadith which makes me happy because it tells me that you can find truth and it will always remain on earth and cannot be eliminated.All praise be to ALLAH.:)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Nice game. I like that hadeeth very much too sister 'Hajjerr' in a similar way. However, for me it is thinking of those (related and unrelated people) that have lived through painful illnesses. The hope that it will be an expiation for their sins.

I like this hadeeth:

Ibn Abbas said,

'I was sitting behind the Prophet :saw: when he said,

"Young lad, should I not teach you some words through which Allah will occasion benefit for you?"

I said,

"Of course!"

The Prophet :saw: said,

"Safeguard Allah and He will safeguard you. Safeguard Allah and you will find Him in front of you. Know Allah in times of ease and He will know you in times of hardship. When you ask, ask Allah. When you seek aid, turn to Allah. The Pen has dried (after having written) all that will occur. If the whole of creation, in its entirety, was to try and effectuate some benefit for you through something that Allah has not ordained, they would not be able to do so; and if they wished to harm you through something that Allah has not decreed, they would not be able to do so. Know that great good lies in bearing with patience what you dislike, that victory comes with patience, that relief comes with distress, and that with hardship comes ease.'"

(Ahmad, 2803)

I like it because it has numerous connotations. The main bit that strikes me is safeguarding Allah and He safeguarding us. So simple but essential to appreciate and practice.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

Narrated 'Abdullah (bin 'Umar): Once Allah's Apostle passed by an Ansari (man) who was admonishing to his brother regarding Haya'. On that Allah's Apostle said, "Leave him as Haya' is a part of faith." (See Hadith No. 8)

Alhamdulillah i like this hadith because teaches us that to have shyness or shame it is a quality even if most people think of it rather as a defect.
Along with modesty and patience, makes the character of a muslim to know the limits of a good conduct.

I hope other brothers and sisters will share with us the hadith that they like most, inshallah. :)

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:

Volume 9. Book 93. Hadith 501: Bukhari
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "When Allah created the Creation, He wrote in His Book−−and He wrote (that) about Himself, and it is placed with Him on the Throne−−'Verily My Mercy overcomes My Anger.'"

Chill & shivers run down my whole body when I think, What would be the case if it was "My Anger overcomes My Mercy" :'(

Peace

cabdixakim

wa'aleykumas-salaam warahmatul-lahi wabarakatuh.

The Ayah that I like to ponder over and tell others about it is verse 38 of Al-ma'arij:

"Does every man of them desire to be admitted to the Garden of bliss?"{Q70:38}

Although in context the verse indicates to disbelievers but It is a constant reminder of 'no so much is enough' and it makes me realize why the prophet{salal-lahu aleyhi wasal-lam} used to stand for night prayers untill his most honoured feet swelled.

Surely it is by Allah's mercy that people go to Jan-nah.

O Alllah have mercy on us,make us die in submission to You and join us with the righteous...aamiin