Getting Closer To The Messenger of Allah.

Abu Fauzi

As-Salaam alaikum,
In the Hadith, the Noble Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, was quoted saying:--

''Who saw me in the dream really saw me, because Shaytan cannot assume me.'' (narrated by Abu Hurairah)

And in another hadith, he said:-- ''Who saw me in the dream will see me in reality''... ''whoever sees me in the dream, is going to see me in reality.''

One of the most tried and tested means of gaining the vision of the Noble Prophet Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, during sleep, is intense love for him, occupying one's thoughts with him day and night, along with faithful conforming with his Sunnah and frequent prayers of benediction (Salawaat) upon him in a continuous fashion. Also, we should be upright on his ways (Istiqama) and be yearning towards seeing him, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.

Some great 'Ulama of the Ummah have indicated that whoever to see the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, then let him or her remember him frequently, love the Awliya, keep to the Sunnah. Added to this, one may adopt any one of the following methods to see the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam:--

(1) The Qutb, Sheikh Abdulqadir al-Jaylani, may Allah be Merciful to him, wrote in his book 'al-Ghunya' that Abu Hurairah (r) reported that the Prophet (S.A.W) said:--

''Whoever, on the night preceding Friday, prays 2 raka'at,and in each raka'at recite:--
(a) Fatiha (1)
(b) Ayat Kursi (1)
(c) Surat Ikhlas (15)...and on finishing this, sits and says 1,000 times: 'SALLALLAHU ALAA MUHAMMADIN-NABIYY-IL-UMMIYY' then the next Friday will not come without him seeing me in his sleep, and whoever sees me then Allah forgives his sins.''

(2) Whoever recites Surat al-Qadar (Inna anzalnahu fi Lailatil-Qadr..) 1,000 times on Friday(s), then he will not die until he sees the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
(3) Imam Nawawi (r) wrote in his Adhkar: ''Whoever, on the night preceding Friday, prays 2 nafl raka'at, reciting Ayat Kursi 5 times in each raka'a after Fatiha, and then after his sallah, sits and recites Salawaat ala Nabiy 1,000 times, then he will see him in his dream.''

(4) Ja'afar as-Sadiq (r) said: ''Whoever recites Surat al-Kauthar (chapter 108 of the Holy Qur'an) 1,000 times, and then recites Salawaat ala Nabiy 1,000 times, in the night preceding Friday, and then asks Allah to allow him to see the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, then he will see the Prophet in his sleep in-shaAllah.''