Glory for Al Ghasara

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Glory for Al Ghasara

1_203229_1_5.jpg

A proud moment for Ruqaya Al Ghasara (Picture: GALLO/GETTY)

Bahrain's quest for athletics supremacy was revived on Monday as they claimed two more titles, however China continued their domination of the Games overall with three more gold medals.

While the Gulf state's success has been based on their African imports, it was a homegrown Bahraini who provided one of the highlights of the day.

Ruqaya Al Ghasara produced a devastating finish in the 200 metres to become the first Bahraini women to win an Asian Games athletics gold medal.

Wearing an Islamic hijab the 24-year-old passed both the vastly experienced Susanthinka Jayasinghe of Sri Lanka and 100m titleholder Guzel Khubbieva to break the tape and swiftly fell to her knees and kissed the ground.

She said that there was no handicap to her in running in the traditional dress.

"I have no problems with the hijab," said Al Ghasara, who showed her talent in winning the West Asian 100m title last year also in Doha.

"I have a great desire to show that there are no problems with wearing these clothes. Wearing a veil proves that Muslim women face no obstacles and encourages them to compete in sport."

More Kenyan gold

Bahrain's other gold of the day came via Kenyan-born Asian record holder Yusuf Saad Kamel who won the men's 800m.

Kamel, son of disgraced two-time world champion Billy Konchellah who has served time in Finland for rape and other offences, showed his class in what was one of the more competitive events on the menu.

1_203229_1_9.jpg

Ruqaya Al Ghasara clinches the title (Picture: GALLO/GETTY)

The 25-year-old bided his time until the business end of the race and was still third into the straight behind highly-rated Saudi runner Mohammed Al Salhi.

However, the Saudi faded badly while Kuwait's Muhammad Al-Azemi found nothing once Kamel challenged him and the champion strode to the line winning easily.

China's three golds came all in women's events, with discus champion Song Aimin's winning throw longer than the silver medallist in the men's event.

They found a new Olympic hope in Xue Fei, who powered to the women's 5000 metres title aged just 17, out-running Japan's Kayo Sugihara and Jaisha Orchatteri of India.

Their other gold came through Xie Limei, who won the triple jump.

Kazakstan's star decathlete Dmitriy Karpov made up for the disappointment at being disqualified in the first event at last year's world championships by winning easily here, turning silver from last time in Busan into gold.

Meanwhile, Japan's Shingo Suetsugu easily retained his 200 metres title, while Saudi Arabia's Sultan Abdulmajeed Al Hebshi won the men's shot put in a new Asian Games record of 20.42 metres.

Nothing is impossible
If you keep hope, ALLAH makes a way

MashaALLAH

Globalpeace

Banned
Rules of Hijab

Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Jazakullah Khairun for sharing this information but may be you and/or other Brothers/Sisters can clarify something for me…

1) In my humble unqualified opinion Hijab is NOT a piece of clothing but entails many other things such as prohibition of tight-fitting clothing, modesty etc and they equally apply to men & women.
2) Bahrain is a predominantly Shia country (again my humble unqualified experience); perhaps the laws of Hijab in Shia’ism are different to Sunnis?

My opinions may be incorrect, therefore please feel free to double-check.

Jazakullah Khairun

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
This article is for those sisters who dont wear Hijab

Assalam Alaikum

My humble request, please donot discuss any thing which conflict in our community, specially SHIA and SUNNI. We want UNITY.

Allah will not say, all SHIA come on right side, all SUNNI come on left side , during the Day of Judgement. He will treat all the same.

This article is for those sisters who dont wear Hijab

This article encourages our sisters about Hijab.

If Al-Ghasara can wear Hijab during International Sports than why can't our sisters wear during College or in her own society ??

Wassalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalam Alaikum

My humble request, please donot discuss any thing which conflict in our community, specially SHIA and SUNNI. We want UNITY.

Allah will not say, all SHIA come on right side, all SUNNI come on left side , during the Day of Judgement. He will treat all the same.

:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
Ameen. Allah will treat all believers the same if He is willing.

It was pretty weird to see/hear about someone wearing the Hijab in the Olympics. Weird but cool. JazakAllahu Khair for this info.
:wasalam:

Marwa17

I think the person that said something about the idea of hijab is right. Like the woman that is running the race, she's wearing these a** tight clothes and everything. Hijab is not just a scarf over our heads. It doesn't matter if she wins some stupid race. The point is is she winning against the devil.
I understand sister what you are trying to say about hijab to those sisters that don't wear one and i think it was a noble gesture. however, I believe the image of a muslim woman wearing tight clothes and running in some marathon sends a wrong message about islam. Only Allah can judge her of course. I hope you don't take offense to anything i've said.

Globalpeace

Banned
Debates/Arguments

Asslamo Allaikum All,

Please note that sometimes a person has no choice but to disagree (I am putting it mildly rather then crudely calling it a debate or an argument).

1) Consider the situation where a Qadiyani or a person following Nation of Islam tries to pass something as the Sunnah of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam); I am sure that you will agree that one will have no choice but to disagree.

2) Similarly there are fundamental “Aqeedah (pertaining to belief) “differences between Shias (certain sects within) and Sunnees (Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah) about Allah (SWT), Qur’aan, Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Abu-Bak’r (RA), Umar (RA), Uthman (RA), Ali (RA) and subsequent Imams (according to shias) who followed. Following these beliefs will take a person outside of Islam, therefore I am sure that you will agree that one will have no choice but to disagree.

3) Sunnees (Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah) base their religion on the Qur’aan and Six books of Hadeeth [Sihah Sitta] (although there are many others) while the Shias base their religion on the Qur’aan (some sects even disagree with the Sunnee Qur’aan) and 4 books of Hadeeth which are different in text and chains of transmission to the Sihah Sitah therefore they disagree on issues of Fiqh; therefore I am sure that you will agree that one will have no choice but to disagree.

4) Shias often believe Imams to be law-givers & can define Islamic Shariah versus Sunnees (Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah) believe only Allah (SWT) & Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) [with the Permission & Will of Allah (SWT) to be so and Sunnees (Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah) believe that the legislation in Islam has ended with Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and Shias believe that it has continued through the Imams; therefore I am sure that you will agree that one will have no choice but to disagree.

I may appear to be jumping the gun but I don’t believe that “my Muslim Sisters” are shallow enough to don the Hijab because someone in Olympics has done it; they will do it because it is the Shariah of Allah (SWT) and they will do it for sake of Allah (SWT) to please Allah (SWT) for the sake of reward in this world and the next.

I sincerely hope that I have not offended you in anyway but my question still remains to the knowledgeable Brothers/Sisters on the site as I don’t believe that Hijab is a simple piece of clothing but entails many other things equally applicable to Muslim men and women (without distinction).

Lastly taking nothing away from the athlete as performing well in Sports requires practice, effort and dedication and wish her the best in Career; please note that my objection is to have her labelled as a “Pinup-Hijabi-Girl” of Islam.

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: Please browse the following thread for more information

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4229

P.P.S: Please feel free to come back to me about something which may need clarification.

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Dear brother...

I agreee , but this is not the place to discuss

Here you can see many reverted muslims, they too will confused..

Even my statement marked in red, is still valid
because I cleary mentioned "during the Day of Judgement" and not after.

It was my thought, I apologize for any misconfusion.

Wassalam