Graduation Ceremony AND/OR Jummah???

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Few weeks ago, I saw a picture on Facebook in which a brother was performing salah during his graduation ceremony. By looking at the picture, I was forced to say **Mashallah**. Alhamdolillah that was great booster. . Watch this video

[yt]4F4gBmD4lZw[/yt]

However I could not imagine that one day I will be also in this type of situation. I have three different graduation ceremonies and two of them are on Friday. back to back

Annual President's Academic Honors Reception
Thursday, May 29 2012, 6:00pm

THE 166th COMMENCEMENT OF THE CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK
Friday, June 1, 2012, 10:00 AM – Noon

GROOVE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING GRADUATION CEREMONY.
FRIDAY JUNE 1, 2012
12:30PM -3:30 PM

Can you please suggest me on how I can handle this situation in such a way that I don't miss Jumma and neither the graduation ceremony??

Jazakumullah Khairun

wassalam

Precious Star

Why don't you read salaat when you return home? It is summer time, there will still be time to read Zuhr. If you want to read in jamaat, then ask your father, brothers, mother, friends etc to join you to read in jamaat.

helpinghumanity

Why don't you read salaat when you return home? It is summer time, there will still be time to read Zuhr. If you want to read in jamaat, then ask your father, brothers, mother, friends etc to join you to read in jamaat.

By Jummah, I mean Friday Prayer in congregation.

Friday prayer can not be performed individually. It must be performed in a congregation and it is obligatory only for the men.

Precious Star

That's why I suggested you gather your friends and family after the graduation, and you can all read Jumma together. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking the women to join either. Women are believers, too - the Holy Quran does not say anyting to the contrary.

Either you or your father can say the adhan follwed by the iqama, and perhaps you can ask a righteous brother to give a short khutbah about, perhaps, the value of gratitude on such a momentous occasion as your graduation, or the value of learning in Islam. I suggest you read Sura Juma from the Holy Quran, the complete book for all believers.

[Juma`h 62:9] "O People who Believe! When the call for prayer is given on (Friday) the day of congregation, rush towards the remembrance of Allah and stop buying and selling; this is better for you if you understand."

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
so you mean when women go into sajda, its ok for men to see their backs?

why do you think in islam we have women's and men's section?

:wasalam:

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualykum

Sister I dont think there is anything wrong with a woman praying her salaah in public. We are supposed to establish our prayer when we hear the adhaan. A woman should be appropriately dressed anyway...
The whole world is a masjid except the graveyard and bathroom...

Precious Star

so you mean when women go into sajda, its ok for men to see their backs?

why do you think in islam we have women's and men's section?

:wasalam:

?? I don't understand your comment. When the women pray in jamaat with the men, they stand behind the men, in the back of the room or in another room where the imam is still audible.

Why would the women be praying in front of the men???

helpinghumanity

That's why I suggested you gather your friends and family after the graduation, and you can all read Jumma together.

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

Praying Jummah after ceremony is pretty awesome suggestion. Thanks

There are three masjid around my college so Inshallah I will try to contact the imam of one of the masjid and see if he is willing to have two Jamaat. One at regular time and the other one at 3:30pm. Hopefully that will work..:)

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking the women to join either. Women are believers, too - the Holy Quran does not say anyting to the contrary.

What i was saying is that, among soooo many privileges, they have the privilege of either offering Jummah or regular salah (Dhuhr prayer)...:)

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Few weeks ago, I saw a picture on Facebook in which a brother was performing salah during his graduation ceremony. By looking at the picture, I was forced to say **Mashallah**. Alhamdolillah that was great booster. . Watch this video

Guts + fear of ALLAH (That's what it takes to pray in front of so many people.:)).Oh...yes. MashaALLAH.

This reminds me of my own experience of praying in a train.:)

Can you please suggest me on how I can handle this situation in such a way that I don't miss Jumma and neither the graduation ceremony??

I got no suggestion but umm... you are a smart brother you will figure it out yourself...lol.