Gratitude

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

:bismillah:

Gratitude

It was reported that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam stayed up all night, standing until his feet became swollen. When he was asked, "Why are you doing this, when Allah has forgiven all your past and future wrong actions?" He replied, "Should I not be a grateful slave?" [al Bukhari & Muslim]

The Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam told Mu`adh radhiallahu `anhu, "By Allah, I love you, so do not forget to say at the end of every salah, 'O Allah, help me to remember You and to give thanks to You and to worship You well.'" [Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi]

Hisham ibn `Urwah said: "Among the du`aa of the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam is: 'O Allah, help me to remember You, to give thanks to You and to worship You well.'"

Ibn `Abbas radhiallahu `anhu narrated that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "There are four qualities, whoever is given them has truly been given the best in this world and the next. They are: a grateful heart [that is thankful to Allah], a remembering tongue [that mentions Allah often], an enduring body [to persevere through the trials which Allah may send and a faithful wife [who does not cheat him of her body or his wealth."

Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad reported from A`ishah radhiallahu `anha that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "No blessing is bestowed on a slave and he realises that it is from Allah, but the reward of giving gratitude for it is written for him. Never does Allah know the regret of His slave for a wrong action he has committed but Allah forgives his wrong action before the slave seeks forgiveness. No man buys a garment with his own money then puts it on and thanks Allah, but Allah will have forgiven him all his wrong action before the garment reaches his knees."

The Prophet salllallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Allah is pleased with His slave if, when he eats something, he thanks Allah for it, and when he drinks something, he thanks Allah for it." [Muslim]

Shu`bah said: "Al-Fadl ibn Fudalah narrated that Abu Rajah al-`Utaridi said: 'Once we saw `Imran ibn al-Husayn wearing beautiful clothes that we have never seen before or since. `Imran told us that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "If Allah bestows His blessing on HIs slave, He likes to see the effect of that blessing on him."'"

Ibn Shu`aib narrated from his father and grandfather that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Eat, drink and give sadaqah without being extravagant or showing off, as Allah likes to see the effect of His blessing on His slave."

Shu`bah narrated from Abu Ishaq from Abu`l-Akhwas who narrated that his father said: "I came to the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam looking dishevelled and scruffy. He asked me, 'Do you have any possessions?' I said, 'Yes.' He asked me what sort and I told him, 'I have all sorts. Allah has given me camels, horses, slaves and sheep.' The Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said, 'If Allah has given you all of that, then let Him see His blessings on you.'"

Abu`d -Dunya narrated the hadith of Abu `Abdi`r Rahman as-Silmi from ash-Sha`bi, from an-Nu`man ibn Bashir, who said: The Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Speaking of Allah's blessing is gratitude and ignoring it is ingratitude (kufr). The one who does not give thanks for a small blessing will not give thanks for a great blessing, and the one who does not give thanks to people will not give thanks to Allah. To be with a group is a blessing and to be alone is a punishment."

Ibn Abi`d-Dunya narrated that `A`ishah radhiallahu `anha said that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam entered upon her one day and saw a small piece of bread on the floor, so he picked it up and wiped it, then told her: "O `A`ishah, treat the blessings of Allah with respect, for when it departs from a household, it may never come back to them."

Ad-Darwadi narrated from `Amr ibn Abi Amr from Sa`id al-Maqburi from Abu Hurairah radhiallahu `anhu that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Allah said: 'The position of the believer in relation to Me is of the best - he praises Me even when I am pulling the soul from his body."

Abu Hurairah radhiallahu `anhu narrated that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "If any of you would like to see the great blessings of Allah on him, then let him look at those who are less fortunate than him, not those who appear better off than him."

from "Patience & Gratitude" by Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

wasalam

firdeus

Wallah sister I am the loniliest one on this earth, and I can tell was not my choice. Up to now I have called it a trial, but to called it punishment , I am stunned, not that I am an angel, but the trial I am going through, wouldn't know what I have done to deserved it. Allah knows I have obeyed Him, my whole life, even when was hard for me to. I have endured in my way thinking it is a trial, but for as long this trial is on me , I haven't got a clue why it could be a punishment. What have I done that another one on earth has not done it ?

If it is true your thought , please for the sake of Allah pray for me so I know , why was I punished, so I know for what to repent at least. So I do a good thing with my trial.

firdeus

:salam2: Sister.

This is just an apology to you. Just now I reread the post, and seen that was hadith of the prohet (salallahu alejhi we salam), so the quote :

To be with a group is a blessing and to be alone is a punishment

must be true. I will pray to Allah (teala) to guide me and show me where I lost the way so deeply. But praise to Allah , he is free of any injustice. We are the lost sheeps , hoping to be guided. But what I mentioned before is true, regarding to my situation. All I do is reflect, I am given all the time on earth for this, but it seems uncomprehensible yet. All I am left is keep asking for forgiveness and guidance from Allah.

Once again I apologize to you sister, I thought they were your words. I felt like somebody telling in face of my pain that, and me didn't know what to think in response, even to myself.

But after difficulty is ease, really after difficulty is ease. Alhamdulilah, inna lilahi we inna ilejhi raxhiun. Allahumme exhurni fi musibeti we ahliflin hajren minha.

May all try to avoid loneliness, in all the means they can, especially us muslims.

:salam2: :hijabi:

Kashmiri

Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu, Alhumdullila sis Umm Aysha what a great Post JazzakKillaKheir :hearts:

Sis firdeus i hope this helps

Benefits of believers’ trials

Question:
Why does Allaah burden the believers who do many acts of worship with sickness and other trials, when the sinners are enjoying all the good things in life?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

This question may be asked in two ways, either as an objection or as a quest for understanding. If it is asked as an objection, then it is an indication of the questioner’s ignorance. For the wisdom of Allaah is too great for our minds to comprehend. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the Rooh (the spirit). Say: The Rooh (the spirit) is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little”[al-Isra’ 17:85]

This spirit is something which is within us and is the very essence of our lives, but we do not know it and the philosophers and thinkers are unable to define and describe it. If we are unable to know anything about this spirit, which is the closest thing in creation to us, apart from that which has been described in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, then what do you think about other matters beyond that? Allaah is Most Wise, Most Great, Most Majestic and Most Powerful, and we must submit to His will and decree with full submission, because we are unable to comprehend the ultimate goals of His wisdom. On this basis, the answer to the question is that we should say: Allaah knows best and He is Most Wise, Most Powerful and Most Great.

If the question is asked as a quest for understanding, then we would tell this questioner: the believer is subjected to tests and Allaah’s testing him by means of things that may harm or hurt him brings two great benefits. The first benefit is that Allaah tests this man with regard to his faith, to see whether his faith is sincere or shaky. The believer whose faith is sincere will patiently accept the will and decree of Allaah, and will seek reward from Him. In this case the matter becomes bearable for him. It was narrated that one of the female worshippers of Allaah suffered a cut or wound in her finger, but she did not complain about the pain or show any sign of distress. She was asked about that and she said: The sweetness of its reward makes me forget the bitterness of bearing it. The believer seeks reward from Allaah and submits to Him completely. This is one benefit.

With regard to the second benefit, Allaah highly praises those who are patient and says that He is with them and that He will give them reward without measure. Patience is a high status which can only be attained by those who are tested with things that they bear patiently. If he bears them patiently, he attains this high status which brings great reward. So when Allaah tests the believers with things that hurt them, that is so that they may attain the status of those who are patient. Hence the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who was the greatest of all people in faith, piety and fear of Allaah, suffered twice the pain of an ordinary man when he fell sick, and he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) suffered greatly at the time of death, so that he might fully attain the status of one who is patient, for he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the most patient of those who are patient. Hence the wisdom behind Allaah’s testing of the believer with such calamities becomes clear.

With regard to His giving the sinners, evildoers, immoral people and kaafirs good health and plentiful provision, this is in order to let them get carried away (with their sin, and then punish them severely later on). It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the kaafir. They are given these good things so that they have their good things sooner, in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will get what they deserve of punishment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“On the Day when those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism) will be exposed to the Fire (it will be said): “You received your good things in the life of the world, and you took your pleasure therein. Now this Day you shall be recompensed with a torment of humiliation, because you were arrogant in the land without a right, and because you used to rebel against Allaah’s Command (disobey Allaah)”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:20]

The point is that this world is for the kaafirs to get carried away in, then when they move to the Hereafter and leave the life of this world in which they found pleasure, they will encounter torment – we seek refuge with Allaah. The punishment will be so much harder for them because they will suffer greatly, and because at the same time they will have lost the delights and luxuries of this world which they loved so much.

There is a third benefit which we may add to the first two, which the believer will get from sickness and problems, for the believer will move to a realm that is better than this world, for he will move from something that hurts him and causes him pain to something that will bring him happiness and joy. So his joy at the delight to which he has come will be multiplied, because he has attained joy, and the pain and difficulties that he was facing will have ceased.

From the fatwas of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, from Kitaab Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/83.

firdeus

Assalamu alaikum we rahmatullahu we barakatuhu

Jazak Allahu hajren Kashmiri for the reply. My request was really for understanding , as I mentioned to Umm Aisha in first post. But I do realize I oversteped somehow, but was psycologically hard to comprehend the overall situation, as the trial I am going through is more psycological than anything else. I can't even come close to explain it. But insha-Allah , Allah will give me more patience, and help me forbear it. It is only faith that has helped me all this way, and I can't be grateful enough to Allah , for opening my heart for Islam and its beauty, and giving me a chance to strive for janah. Mercy of Allah overcomes His wrath, and who am I to say I haven't done this or that. May Allah save me from kiber, and purify my heart and my itentions. I thank Allah for this forum, that I still had somebody to talk to, even in cry, and may Allah bring the days , when I will talk to my brothers and sister more cheerfully. Anyone reading this thread, please remember me in your doas.

Love you all for the sake of Allah

:wasalam: :hijabi:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
`Alaykum us-salaam warahmatulllaahi wabarakaatuh.

Sister there is a book available on the issue of trials, tribulations and their cause published by Daar us-Sunnah, entitled "Trial and Tirbulation - Wisdom and Benefits" by Imam Ibn `Izz `Abdis-Salaam and Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah. It is an excellent book. Ask user Kashmiri about it, I know she's got a copy (my one)! This isn't marketing, but here it is, Trial and Tribulation.

Kashmiri

Lol i gave that to my chacha (paternal uncle) like ages ago and when i went to ask him at his shop agess ago lol his son said he lost it.

Sorry

Also sis firdeus U can pm me inshallah if u want dont worry inshallah about it. Allah tests those who he loves Subhanallah the fatwaa i posted up says it all Allah knows best. Inshallah i will remeber u in my duas take it easy.

Wasalaams

halah

Asslamu alaikum:ma:

JazakAllah khair sister Umm Aysha for these beneficial remineders,

And for sister Firdeus;I'll tell you simple example;

My grandma had 10 children and she lost during her life 6 of them in diffrent ages and she used to say: A:salah: ll is for Allah ,what He gives and what He takes.
So that allah blessed her for her patience,she died in one of the (witr night) in the last 10days of Ramadn after she had performed the night prayer(tahjud prayer):ma:

May Allah bestow his blessings and favour upon you.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Asslamu alaikum:ma:

JazakAllah khair sister Umm Aysha for these beneficial remineders,

And for sister Firdeus;I'll tell you simple example;

My grandma had 10 children and she lost during her life 6 of them in diffrent ages and she used to say: A:salah: ll is for Allah ,what He gives and what He takes.
So that allah blessed her for her patience,she died in one of the (witr night) in the last 10days of Ramadn after she had performed the night prayer(tahjud prayer):ma:

May Allah bestow his blessings and favour upon you.

Maa Shaa Allaah, one sahabi whose name has escaped my memory said the same or similar upon losing a child, and some of his limbs! Radiy Allaahu `anhu.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
:salam2: Sister.

This is just an apology to you. Just now I reread the post, and seen that was hadith of the prohet (salallahu alejhi we salam), so the quote :

Wa alaykum salaam sister firdeus there is no need to apologize. I must rush now but insha-Allah i will PM you.....soon :inshallah: n will talk...ur in my duas too...

ma'salaam