Hadith of the Day from CAIR newsletter

cmelbouzaidi

HADITH OF THE DAY: SEEK AND SHARE KNOWLEDGE

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who is most generous?...God is the Most Generous, then I am most generous to mankind, and the most generous people after me will be those who will acquire knowledge and then disseminate it. (They) will come on the Day of Resurrection singly, like a ruler."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 93

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Another hadith of the day from CAIR newsletter. :wasalam:

HADITH OF THE DAY: THE DOORS OF GOODNESS ARE MANY

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Giving in charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises." People then asked him: "From what do we give charity if we do not possess property?" He replied: "The doors of goodness are many - (saying) 'glory to God,' 'praise be to God,' 'there is no deity but God,' enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf (until you understand them), leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one's legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the weak with the strength of one's arms - all of these are (forms of) charity prescribed for you."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 98

abuayesha

:salam2: Brother C M Elbouzaidi

:jazaak: for the Ahadeeth you have posted today.

Yes, it is very much useful Ahadeeth are posted one by one without giving so many at a time. You did in a way that the brothers and sisters who are TTI members could without tiring themselves learn a little.

Keep it up. And allow now the brothers and sisters to discuss the Ahadeeth before you move on to other Ahadheeth.

This is only my personal opinion, not a criticism.

Wassalaam

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: great idea, Brother Abuayesha! Jazak Allahu Khair. Just a little background..CAIR = Council on American-Islamic Relations and I have been receiving a daily newsletter from them since I lived in the States :)

Okay, I will give my humble opinion on the first hadith about seeking and sharing knowledge... Our Prophet, Mohammed, may blessings and peace be upon him, did everything he possibly could to convey the message of Islam. He suffered terribly along the way and was persecuted and insulted all the time beyond our comprehension. However, with his deep faith in Allah and his love for humanity, he kept going against all odds, :ma: The most generous of men was our Prophet who gave up everything to share the Truth with mankind.

Now, in the comfort of our relatively easy lives here in dunya, are we keeping dawa as an extremely important activity for all muslims? Do we try to make opportunities to talk about Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims alike? Let us try to imagine what our beloved prophet, peace be upon him, went through, every day and just how important sharing knowledge of Islam is.

For the second hadith, regarding "the doors of goodness are many". Here, in my humble opinion, is an example of the generosity and compassion of Allah. Charity comes in many forms, including remembrance of the one and only Creator, Allah. Picking a glass bottle off the road and throwing it in the trash so no-one gets hurt even counts, subhan'Allah. A simple gesture to help a person in need get from point A to point B. We can all do these things even if we do not have an income, such is the Mercy of Allah (swt).

Your sister in Islam :)

:wasalam: