hallal meat

muslimguy

:salam2: brothers and sisters

what is the rulling on the meat that you buy from the stores in the US or any non-muslim country? is allowed to eat or not? what the scolars have to say about it?

please if you were to answer provide a proof.

jazakom Allah khairan.

:salam2:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
subhan Allah
i was asking a friend of mine about this issue, he is very good pious man :mashallah:
anyway i had the same problem, and have been researching for a long time on this issue.
now i dont eat any meat from any market, i only buy veg. ...etc... from the kafir shops, but NOT meat.
so here is the fatwa, not very long :)

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=82444&ln=eng

:lol::lol:

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
salamm...

I think there is Hallal meat in the markets, my family buys Meat, and chickens from the supermarkets, and that is marked as Hallal..

but maybe its not every where..
salam

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
I'm sure you could find a foreign store where they sell halal meat. cause it is harram to eat meat that hasn't been slaughted in a muslim way.

muslimguy

jazakom Allah khairan for your responses, I personally try not to eat that meat from the supermarket. I live with my family and every month or so we go and slaughter an animal in a nearby farm. but the issue is the imam in our Masjid said that it;s Ok to buy meat from a non muslim store. a lot of people were not happy about that and it's causing a diivision amongst muslims here.

I also found this Fatwa

Question:
I want to know the rule on eating meat chiken and fish in non muslem countries ,in their restrunts as they are not following the islam rule on that.Is just sayiing the name of god on that food before eating is enough.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The meats available in non-Muslim countries are of different types:

-- Fish is halaal in all circumstances, because its being halaal does not depend on how it is slaughtered or whether the name of Allaah is mentioned over it.

-- With regard to other kinds of meat, if those who slaughter it – companies or individuals – are from the People of the Book, Jews or Christians, and it is known that they do not kill the animals by means of electric shocks, strangulation or blows to the head, as is known in the West, then the meat is permissible. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

But if they kill the animals by means of some of these methods (electric shocks, etc), then the meat is haraam, because in that case the animals are counted as having been killed by strangling or by a violent blow (cf. Al-Maa’idah 5:3). If those who slaughter the meat are not Jews or Christians, then the meat that they offer is haraam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Eat not (O believers) of that (meat) on which Allâh’s Name has not been pronounced (at the time of the slaughtering of the animal), for sure it is Fisq (a sin and disobedience of Allâh)”

[al-A’naam 6:121]

So the Muslim must strive to avoid what is obviously haraam, and be cautious of doubtful things, and be keen to keep his religious commitment safe and to protect his body from haraam foods.

:salam2: It is preffered to buy meat from the halal store but if you dont have any near you you can buy it from the grocery store since a christian store is ahle kitab ( people of the book). Also people who are living in the US. Sams club and Costco sells koshar lamb. Infact a lot of places sell koshar stuff and that is halal for us to eat.

muslimguy

:salam2: It is preffered to buy meat from the halal store but if you dont have any near you you can buy it from the grocery store since a christian store is ahle kitab ( people of the book)

can you back up your statement with a fatwa? and even though it's a christian store the animals are slaughtered using electric machines, google it and you 'll see what I am talking about.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
:salam2: It is preffered to buy meat from the halal store but if you dont have any near you you can buy it from the grocery store since a christian store is ahle kitab ( people of the book)

salam aleikum
I think its better to proove it with the fatwa...

waaleikum salam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

This Ahle Kitaab issue is quite sensitive, most people interpret the ayah that is in the Quran the wrong way and thus act upon it the wrong way. In the Quran, Allah Almighty has mentioned:

“Eat not of that (meat) on which Allaah’s Name has not been pronounced (at the time of slaughtering of the animal)…” [al-An’aam 6:121].

As has been mentioned previously in this thread. If this is what the Quran says then it is mere disobedience to the Command of Allah and thus a great sin. Any meat that we eat must be alsughterede in the name of Allah (SWT) and the methods according to Shariah.

Another Quran Ayah:

“He has forbidden you… that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah.” [al-Baqarah 2:173].

Jews and Christians obviously do not slaughter in the name of Allah (SWT), they slaughter in the name os Jesus (PBUH). This ayah suggests that even that method of slaughter is Haraam therefore we should avoid eating meat that has been slaughtered by Jews or Christians.

If eating from the ordinary supermarket meat is Halal, then for those who do buy it from the supermarket, it might be quite normal for those living in non muslims countries to eat all sorts of fast foods, such as McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Hungry Jacks and Pizza Restuarants. The method of slaughter of supermarkets and fast food outlets is basically the same; They do not slaughter in the name of Allah (SWT).

My sister's husband's family does the same, even worse to be honest. They eat from ordinary supermarkets when the halal shops are just a few minutes drive. And she avoids eating with them altogether, from what I know.

For those who are suggesting that it is okay to eat from any section of the supermarket, without any relation to a source, please don't.

Brother Muslimguy, May Allah (SWT) reward you and your family for your efforts in seeking halal food. There are many hardships that we all face in the West. May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us. Aameen.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all onto the straight Path, Insha Allah, Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I am sorry for posting twice :(