Haram and Haram

OmarFarooq

:salam2:

i wanted to ask u guys the difference of pronounceation in Haram (Grand Mosque in Makka) and Haram (something that is not allowed), can u please tell me how to pronounce the arabic word for the Grand Mosque

wa salaam

suumaya

Salaam
One is Mazjidul Haram and the other Haraam, so the Mazjid get the short vowel while Haraam has the long vowel
Hope that explain it for ya.

dianne

:salam2:

i wanted to ask u guys the difference of pronounceation in Haram (Grand Mosque in Makka) and Haram (something that is not allowed), can u please tell me how to pronounce the arabic word for the Grand Mosque

wa salaam

Salam brother,
The mosque is also commonly known as the Haram or Haram Sharif.

According to Islamic theology, the mosque was first built by the angels before the creation of mankind, when God ordained a place of worship on Earth to reflect the house in heaven called al-Baytu l-Maˤmur (Arabic: البيت المعمور), which translates to 'The Worship Place of Angels'. Al-Baytu l-Maˤmur is directly above the Kaaba in heaven.

The first Kaaba was built by angels and Adam was the first human to re-build it. From time to time the mosque was destroyed and rebuilt anew. According to popular belief it was famously built by Ibrahim (Abraham), with the help of his son Ismael. They were ordered by Allah to build the mosque, and the Kaaba. The Black Stone is situated near the eastern corner of the Kaaba, and is believed to have 'fallen from heaven' and turned black due to man's misdeeds.

It is Haram for innovation (bidaa') for everybody who perform hajj,it must follow what Rasullullah practise before.

Wassalam

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Salaam
One is Mazjidul Haram and the other Haraam, so the Mazjid get the short vowel while Haraam has the long vowel
Hope that explain it for ya.

yep to my knowledge thats I thought,"masjid al-Haram" & "this is Haraam". you dont say "this is haram" with a short vowel.

abdellah007

salam

yep to my knowledge thats I thought,"masjid al-Haram" & "this is Haraam". you dont say "this is haram" with a short vowel.

I disagree with you MUHAMMAD7D and SUMMAYA,

the word haram is the same.

Q376 :In Islam, forbidden things are called "haram", but the holiest place in Makkah is also called Masjidul Haram. What is the real meaning of the term "haram"?

A376 : Arabic dictionaries define haram as the opposite of halal; which [i.e. halal] means permissible. Hence, haram means not allowed, prohibited or forbidden. The Holy Mosque in Makkah is called Al-Masjid Al-Haram, because it is forbidden for non-Muslims to enter. It is a sanctuary where people may have refuge. When they are inside it, they enjoy the safety associated with the fact that Allah has forbidden the use of force or violence against anyone in it. Allah states in the Qur'an: "Whoever enters it enjoys security." The fact that certain restrictions apply in the mosque and its surrounding area makes the name "Al-Haram" or Al-Masjid Al-Haram, most appropriate. It is a place where Allah's authority is inviolable. No one may violate it without being punished.

wassalam