Have a question about marraige in Islam?

Flashbak910

Can a Muslim man marry someone who is Christian or Jewish? Can a Muslim women marry a Christian or Jewish man?
I have been very curious as what the Islam says about marraige.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

Here I am telling you, whatever I know....regarding

You cannot marry them, until they believe in the oneness of ALLAH AZZAWAJAL

Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe; a slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman even though she allure you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: a man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allure you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of Bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: that they receive admonition (2:221)

BUT IF THEY BELIEVE YOU CAN MARRY THEM...

This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time― when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues. If anyone rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good). (5:5)

They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord, and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah―Allah will forbid him the Garden and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.(5:72)

Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith it were best for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.(3:110)

I HAVE HEARD THAT EVEN THOUGH A MUSLIM MAN CAN MARRY THEM, THE MUSLIM WOMEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DO SO...

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS BEST

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

JenGiove

I HAVE HEARD THAT EVEN THOUGH A MUSLIM MAN CAN MARRY THEM, THE MUSLIM WOMEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DO SO...

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS BEST

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:
[/B][/COLOR]

I have heard the same. As far as I can deduce (without any proofs), the reasoning is because the woman's accounts are the responsiblities of the husband (I may not be explaining this concept correctly, please forgive me and someone please correct me). So, if an unbelieving woman marries a believing man, then she has a chance at Jannah because of him.....HOWEVER, if a believing woman marries an unbelieving man, it is opposite. She would be facing the hell-fires because the woman's faith has no sway over his.

ximkoyra

I HAVE HEARD THAT EVEN THOUGH A MUSLIM MAN CAN MARRY THEM, THE MUSLIM WOMEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DO SO

I'd like to know this too. Is there any hadith that say this or is it interpretation? If it's just interpretation, then I would argue that while a man's faith would hold sway over the household in the past, it is now more common for the children to follow the mother's faith than their fathers'.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:bismillah:

Assalaamu alaikum,

There is a Qur'anic verse that addresses this if I am not mistaken.....I just cannot remember it on the top of my head now!:( but I am going to do a little research....for the time being I advice everyone to base their posts on the Qur'an and the Sunnah of our beloved prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon his soul.....because in Islam there are simply NO OPINIONS when it comes to the matters of our Deen. Brothers and sisters, let is post with daleel (evidence) from our beloved salifs.
I ask Allaah to increase us in knowledge and taqwa! ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......I found a fatwaa on Islam Q&A:)
All praise is to Allaah the Lord of every living thing!
Muslim man marrying a chaste Christian woman
I would be most grateful for your help with the following issue.
My daughter is a Christian (Woman of the Book) and she would like to marry a Muslim man and she does not want to change her religion.
They are both living in Singapore and I have been told that in Singapore because the Muslim relogion is not the dominant religion he cannot marry her unless she becomes a Muslim. Is this the case? If it is not, can they both be married in a Muslim wedding service even if my daughter remains a Christian and could the Muslim man also take part in a Christian wedding service after he has been married according to the Muslim tradition.
I am sorry to submit such a long question but this issue is causing considerable difficulties in our family and I would like to have the correct Muslim law on this issue so I can resolve the problem with the least upset to all. I thank you in anticipation.

Praise be to Allaah.
Islam does not prevent marriage to a Christian woman if she is chaste. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

What is meant by chaste women is that they are free (not slaves) and chaste (not loose or immoral).

See also question no. 2527

But if a woman is not chaste, and she has boyfriends or lovers with whom she is intimate, then Islam forbids marriage to her, whether she is a Muslim or a woman from among the People of the Book, just as it forbids marriage to a man who has girlfriends or lovers, to protect married life from collapse and to protect against mixing of lineages and to avoid causes of dispute, accusation and suspicion.

With regard to the Muslim husband attending marriage parties according to the Christian tradition, this is not permissible because there will be many things in these celebrations that are forbidden in Islam, such as free mixing between men and women, listening to music, drinking alcohol, dancing etc.

In the hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him not sit at a table where wine is being drunk.” Narrated by Ahmad, 1/20; al-Bayhaqi, 7/366. Al-Albaani said in al-Irwa’, 7/6: it is saheeh.
We thank you for your noble feelings and this good attitude and your keenness to ask about the Islamic rulings on this matter.

We ask Allaah to help you and guide you to the religion of Islam. Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Islam Q&A

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Sorry for posting stuffs way to many times......but I thought reading it one by one gives more understanding than just reading one big post of two fatwas. I ask Allaah to increase your faith, and knowledge. ameen
May Allaah benefit us with these sharing....ameen

Can a non-muslim man marry a muslim woman?

It is absolutely not permissible under any circumstances in Islamic law (shari'a) of Allah, the most esteemed and exhalted, for a non-Muslim to marry a Muslim woman, as per what He has said regarding the marriage of a kafir (unbeliever) to a Muslim woman and vice versa: (interpretation of the meaning).

They are not lawful (wives) for the unbelievers, nor are the unbelievers lawful (husbands) for them... (Al-Mumtahina:10)

And Allah the most esteemed and exhalted has also said (interpretation of the meaning):

Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe... (Al-Baqara:221)

i.e., it is not ever permissable for someone to marry his Muslim daughter or sister or any Muslim woman for whom he is a guardian to a kafir.

Islam must be exhalted and cannot be subjugated, so how could a Muslim woman be put under the care of a kafir man, when the man is normally naturally in a stronger position? In such a situation he could cause her to corrupt the practice of her religion or force her into subdual by causing her to live a life of oppression with him. He could also prevent her from practicing some of her religious rites. These are among the reasons for the aforementioned ban expressed in the previous ayaat. wallahu a'lam (and Allah is the most knowledgable).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It really is more common sense. A Muslim man is the protector of his wife. Thereby she enters into union with someone that will not hurt her. The community becomes stronger. She is in an eternal relationship. It is to safeguard her. All the issues are handled in an intimate matter amongst Muslims. She has her community to rely on.
In Islam the masjid is the social center. It is the place to condct business. And marriage is the first business of this world.

Keep in mind Islam does not define love as simply romantic love. Romance grows out of intimacy.

Fatima_ahmad

well marriage is a great issue and many confusions are created by public..well this is good to see the comprehensive detail